Sign in to follow this  
telejunky

ArmA 2

Im so pessimistic right now, we paid for a Beta engine and now were going to have to pay again for what we were promised first time around? come on fans dig me Im just so angry its madness...

You are aware that ArmA wasn't meant to be this big? it was originally just an interlude until OFP2/Game2/ArmA2.

who cares what was initially meant to be? ArmA was advertised and sold as a completely new game. and if you pay 50 euro for it, you expect just that.

Oh dear...

Screenies look like ArmA, the product information could be copy and pasted and everything in 2008? I guess you won't get your tools, guys ^^

I really hope BIS will do this one right, but somehow my faith in them has been lost some time ago crazy_o.gif

But graphics can change as we've seen during the developmentprogress of ArmA and I hope BIS learned from their mistakes with ArmA, too...

By the looks of it, it looks like a revised engine once again. *sigh* with a better draw distance.

Obviously these are early development shots, thus they are on max settings I would assume. So forget those visuals and notice the details.

This is a terrible move, and still showing nothing original at all. Americans go in, save the day, end.

What’s happened BIS? You’re starting to act like EA.

Lets see what happens, but like people have said, we have waited over a year for the arma tools and now we find we will have to edit content for this new arma?

I think a PR update is urgently required by BIS, to support "their" community

Nick

On GC, yep. But why the hall where all games IDEA games is presenting in the non-public area?? banghead.gif

Im so pessimistic right now, we paid for a Beta engine and now were going to have to pay again for what we were promised first time around? come on fans dig me Im just so angry its madness...

Madness? THIS... IS.. SPARTAAA!!!

I just hope they do something to cut down on the specs. Lots of people who went out and bought new stuff to play ArmA might be mad if they have to upgrade again just to play ArmA 2.

Honestly? i feal cheated... i bought arma and ArmA 2 will be avabile in a year or two? why the hell i bought the first one... i really feal cheated whit ArmA1 still whit it bugs... and expansion coming... i feal bad... really bad.

let us see what new features will be inlcuded (maybe rpg elements, effects, sounds...). but i am very happy to hear that the storyline and scenery seems to be similar to ofp.

Honestly? i feal cheated... i bought arma and ArmA 2 will be avabile in a year or two? why the hell i bought the first one... i really feal cheated whit ArmA1 still whit it bugs... and expansion coming... i feal bad... really bad.

I hope you never, ever, buy an EA product then smile_o.gif

I just hope they do something to cut down on the specs. Lots of people who went out and bought new stuff to play ArmA might be mad if they have to upgrade again just to play ArmA 2.

LOL rofl.gif

i think ill keep my crappy pc for another hole year..

ARMA1 still have great potencial.

1 hole year to improve the engine for ARMA 2... so it will be the same engine only wiith the new Linda?!

Oh this day begins with good news i like the idea of having ArmA 2 in 1 or 2 years on my Computer. For me as Modder it doesn´t make much difference to work on OFP, ArmA, ArmA 2 or what ever it is all about fun.

Okay i have to say i was 100% sure the new project will be Game2 so it is no suprise for me at all but i wasn´t expecting this Releasedate. I thought 2009 or even 2010 would be the way to go biggrin_o.gif

Anyone got a Link where i can preorder it biggrin_o.gif

OK Just a minute please.I am going to get rid of my new expensive 8800GTS.Arma2 in 2008?Every year i have to spend 500E for upgrades?WTF? banghead.gif

They relase Arma 2 and after 2 years they will realase 3 :P or maybe even sooner...

imho this sux...

Thanks to all sites which are not refering to the original source: miller from armabase.de informed me about the news...It's disgusting reading news everywhere and the little guy alone was watching many sites for any update band.gif

It is my and his sparetime looking for updates on those mod/official sites and there are other persons just reading it and they don't have any decency to honor this, sometimes hard and nerving work... goodnight.gif

I hope you never, ever, buy an EA product then smile_o.gif

You have to admit, this smells like something EA would do!

An example would be what EA did to the bf2 mods, to stop them being completed, so they could release 3 expansions and then a new game.

Adding a little more content each time. And with the method of patching they used as well. Really halted mod progress.

Do BIS still want to have a modding community do you think?

I wonder if this will be for the console as well

Hey people! Compare these links (ArmA 2 vs Game 2):

http://www.armedassault.com/index.php?id=news

http://www.bistudio.com/presspages/pcpressrelease.html

These screens look completly different. BIS has changed the plans.

Is ArmA going to be a "The Bold and the Beautiful"?

I hope it's not

Those screens were from 2005, obviously things have changed since then. wink_o.gif

I really don't understand this, it looks just like ArmA to me, shouldn't it be an advancement on it's predecessor?

Maybe they're just doing it to rage fanboys, you know, for the lulz...

Has there been an official statement that game2 (original rpg forecasted game from 2003) has been replaced by Arma2 ?

@ difference in links = The complete simulation package will come with a comprehensive set of tools for the creation of custom content.

first time i ever saw them promising the tools , a very nice touch there.

I'm just gonna hold fire until we actually hear some ACTUAL information that isn't plot or eye candy.

So far all the difference I can see is that soldier taking cover behind the burnt out vehicle (is he leaning too..?).

this is stupid, they release those screenies and say they're looking at a 2008 release even though arma is quite obviously flawed still. all they are doing is p!ssin off they're customer base because now how the hell are you going to know that come 2008 (prob 2034) arma "2" isn't going to be a buggy box of crap just like arma 1 was/is. wouldn't it make more sense to hold off on all the screenies and news on arma 2 untill such times that the community is happy with arma 1, that way they wouldn't have this p!ss taken out of them over their release dates. feels like we're bent over a barrel and bis are standing behind us doing the proverbial.

ridicilous...

This is the first time i paid for a BETA.

are we following EA release schedules now? banghead.gif