Sign in to follow this  
dragonfire43560

Hezbollah faction?

Is there anyone working on a hezbollah army? I think it would be really cool to play as them. Katyushas, Kornets, Konkurs, RPG22, TOWS, badass uniforms etc etc. Is there one in progress? Cause im surprised one hasnt come up yet

I'm unsure personally, but it would be a really good addition. I'm also hoping for a good IDF mod for Arma. The last time I saw one in development the website went down and never came back--so not sure if it was scrapped. sad_o.gif

Hopefully with the new tools, there will be some really awesome stuff coming out in the near future--like the hezbollah stuff. Just have to wait and hope, I guess. Like with any good thing. smile_o.gif

Find some really good refrences and lets see...

Im making insurgents... not really sure what would make one look different... shoe brand?

Um...I guess you guys never played OFP?  My mod team (The Lost Brothers-Isaac & Ishmael) is one of the oldest Mods in OFP and is an Israeli-Arab conflict mod.  Our last pack (Addon Pack #3) included extremely realistic Hezbollah soldiers and we released a Lebanon map.  Our only problem now in bringing them to ArmA is learning to use all the new tools and also a biggie....converting all our addons which from what I understand requires texture remapping in order to lower the texture count.

So we may be looking for help soon to assist in the conversions.  

Below are some pics of the Hezbollah units that will hopefully be in ArmA soon.

What we may end up doing also (just to save time) is just retexture some BIS units and then add different helmets, backpacks, and other gear on them (as well as the faces).

Oh also our website is here:

http://www.thelostbrothers.com/

LoBo_HizBalls1.jpg

LoBo_HizBalls12.jpg

LoBo_HizBalls3.jpg

LoBo_HizBalls15.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@Miles Teg

Wow- how did I miss that in OFP huh.gif

Somehow in my ADD laziness I mistook Lost Brothers for another Nam' mod- Issac&Ishmael, very clever smile_o.gif

Man this is what we need in Arma- real conflicts to add an emotional element to the game. Somehow, SLA is just too obscure and vague for me to either root for them or reek vengeance on them. And the frat-boy civvies don't help.

Man this is what we need in Arma- real conflicts to add an emotional element to the game. Somehow, SLA is just too obscure and vague for me to either root for them or reek vengeance on them. And the frat-boy civvies don't help.

yes I agree the opfor and civs in arma really suck big donkeys balls.

I cant even be assed to shoot at them any more...

cant wait for all the new addons that should come out soon.

hey guys, well am lebanese and my brother is an hizbollah sodlier, but well if u need any references, pictures, anything just name it and ill be glad to help

hey guys, well am lebanese and my brother is an hizbollah sodlier, but well if u need any references, pictures, anything just name it and ill be glad to help

How about some pics of the rockets they use? Maybe some pics of the locations where they shoot from?

gimme untill tomorow, and ill get lots usefull pictures, and couple of videos.. and is there anyone working or even thinking about doing a hizbollah-israeli mode or something?

but for now, till i get some new and personal pictures

use google, it would help

gimme untill tomorow, and ill get lots usefull pictures, and couple of videos.. and is there anyone working or even thinking about doing a hizbollah-israeli mode or something?

I hope so. I know that at one time there was a site that was showing progress shots of some IDF vehicles and such but suddenly one day the site was down and has never come back. I think there might be some makers out there that would consider such a project for ArmA but at the time the tools were an issue.

I'm really hoping to see some things in the near future for sure.

BTW...

@Miles Teg

Hehehe, I'm familiar with the LoBo mod for OFP but I never played OFP (though your mod has given me much interest in buying OFP so I can give it a good try for sure smile_o.gif)

I certainly wish you all the best in finding the help you need in the future to get this excellent stuff into the world of Arma. Then I can die a happy man. yay.gif

lol now now popcorn hehe...

Seriously, remember Hezbolla is very controversial (so is my bad typo's and spellings so bear with me.) There considered terrorists by some and freedom/resistance warriors by others etc.

Accept theres differences of opinion and lets have done with it without any political innuendo taking over this thread.

Xira if your bro is indeed a soldier in that group - then if we can avoid politicising this - it would be great for him to help/or you to post pictures that allow for a more realistic recreation of their faction in arma.

well Gavinthecat, np really, i got plenty of pictures, and alot of videos, and here in lebanon, whenever u go, u can find pictures and stuff about hizbollah, after all they're a part of this community

so well ill get couple of picture, maybe stories, and if u are thinking about doing a map about this mode, i can get u lot of pictures about the southern lebanese villages,..

by the way, one thing, did anyone thought about making a AT-13 Kornett? sorry am going of the topic . cheers

I hope so. I know that at one time there was a site that was showing progress shots of some IDF vehicles and such but suddenly one day the site was down and has never come back. I think there might be some makers out there that would consider such a project for ArmA but at the time the tools were an issue.

I'm really hoping to see some things in the near future for sure.

BTW...

@Miles Teg

Hehehe, I'm familiar with the LoBo mod for OFP but I never played OFP (though your mod has given me much interest in buying OFP so I can give it a good try for sure smile_o.gif)

I certainly wish you all the best in finding the help you need in the future to get this excellent stuff into the world of Arma. Then I can die a happy man. yay.gif

you are talking about my site and its down cause i didn't had time to update it and fix it..

i did allot of stuff fixed and added but as it is right now it wont be released..

but i will help miles with anything i can.

and this is the reason why non of my realistic idf stuff wont be released.

you never know in which hands it will end up !

Heya Itzhak,

Ahhh, so it was your site, cool. Glad to hear that was the reason for the downtime, not that you just got bored with everything and decided to let the site go down. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (xira @ Aug. 23 2007,18:54)

Quote[/b] ]and this is the reason why non of my realistic idf stuff wont be released.

Trust me when I say, it is 100% totally understandable, achi. A shame because some--like me--really hoped for such a release (if you read my addition to the "ArmA is just ... awesome!" thread you might understand a wee bit why I do). However, such a release, you just never know what could happen. So, yeah I understand where you're coming from, and respect your choice for sure.

BTW in case if I never got a chance to tell you via your site, you did one hell of a great job on the things you did post on your site back when it was up and running. I remember I use to keep it tabbed on my Firefox and always checked back throughout the day sometimes, lol.

Idf?

OMG! Is that the Iraq Defense Force or whatever it was called? That was the best looking mod out there! Oh darn! That was you? And its not being worked on anymore?

2: Arent you the one who released the vehicle pack with some Iraqi Vehicles before asking for it to be removed because you were still working on it or something?

Idf?

OMG! Is that the Iraq Defense Force or whatever it was called? That was the best looking mod out there! Oh darn! That was you? And its not being worked on anymore?

2: Arent you the one who released the vehicle pack with some Iraqi Vehicles before asking for it to be removed because you were still working on it or something?

IDF = Israel Defense Forces

oooooh! Maybe thats what I was thinking about... yghh idk im confused...

Well still, I have been waiting forever for some deserty style addons, iraqi, israeli (who can fight alongside the U.S.), and afghani. MAybe some other ani's, like pakestani (killed the spelling?) and talteratani...

hehe u think i'd care if u released some addone about some rubbish stanless steel :P tank, and take advantage about a tank that was released in a game? cmon man.. grow up

hehe u think i'd care if u released some addone about some rubbish stanless steel :P tank, and take advantage about a tank that was released in a game? cmon man.. grow up

I certainly must agree.

+10

It is kind of a silly reason for not releasing the mod...

I suspect there was another reason too?

Hey, I saw this totally awesome picture on the UK Daily Mail's web site of this guy getting caned in Tehran, Iran. There's also a video clip I saw once of someone being stoned, you could see the blood running out from under their burqa as they crumpled. The screams would be great for reference material too. I think it would be totally awesome if you could put that in game, so it would pump up the gore factor because that's really cool and awesome. The guy was all purple from the 80 lashes, and he was bleeding too. That would be really awesome, and I bet you guys can do that too.

Seriously, get a friggin life. help.gif

Oh God forbid if Russia/Iran/China/North Korea/Santa Claus should purchase SteelBeast Pro PE!

That would be the end of us all!

Hey, I saw this totally awesome picture on the UK Daily Mail's web site of this guy getting caned in Tehran, Iran. There's also a video clip I saw once of someone being stoned, you could see the blood running out from under their burqa as they crumpled. The screams would be great for reference material too. I think it would be totally awesome if you could put that in game, so it would pump up the gore factor because that's really cool and awesome. The guy was all purple from the 80 lashes, and he was bleeding too. That would be really awesome, and I bet you guys can do that too.

Seriously, get a friggin life. help.gif

that has to be the most obscure thing ive ever see you write shin.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Im not sure if your someone else...

@Chip360 Those iraqi vehicle reskins i made will be released again in a new iraqi pack complete with 65 new units. Iraqi army, national gaurd, swat, national police, special forces, civillians, insurgents, red crescent units, everything you need to make a mission in iraq. The insurgents can be used in any country really...

@XIRA bunker pics would be good.... high resolution pictures of bullet holes would be great...