Sign in to follow this  
BloodOmen

ArmA Queens Gambit Packshot Winner ????

@ stegman

Your missing the point of this thread. The discussion isnt about the crap cover for Queens Gambit, its about why the hell was this cover chosen as the winner of the cover competiton. It just seems that with this cover the whole competion wasnt very well judged and they must of just picked a winner by random.

I read a few replies here before viewing the winners cover and well it aint to bad, in fact i like it nener.gif It's atmospheric and kinda gets the response of a one soldiers experience in war and is Queens Gambit not more story orientated? so it fits. It would make me pick it up of the shelves for closer inspection and hopefully there will be a few tasty varied screens and info on the back.

On a side note i think Queen's Gambit website is tacky Tron like puke and also the streamed video is stuttering like crap. Is it not more important to get a dynamic, functional, cool looking website than worry about the cover of the game. The best promotion is online for gamers and not on a DVD cover in the high street. I mean who here buys there games from a street store?

@ stegman

Your missing the point of this thread. The discussion isnt about the crap cover for Queens Gambit, its about why the hell was this cover chosen as the winner of the cover competiton. It just seems that with this cover the whole competion wasnt very well judged and they must of just picked a winner by random.

Exactly wink_o.gif

Isn't it the winner that who has more votes on the web? If so, it doesn't surprise me, that type of open votation always give weird winners (the more voted it's not the best cover if you can vote for yourself n times).

Posted the link before in another QG topic but here it is again:

This is how the cover looks on Amazon ( .de )

QG Cover

Seems they gone for a professional designed cover instead of the discussed one, personally i think it looks far better that way as it shows pretty well whats QG about.

Another option is that Peter Games / Morphicon decided to use that one for the German release.

Btw, there are also a few new screens on the Amazon pages but they show rather unimportant stuff.

Guest Ti0n3r

The Amazon one looks neat. Btw Shadow NX, where can I find those pics?