Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Visitor 3!

Doohh ... thx Rocko ... i ve read the Tut but i thought it was build up like in Visitor 2

lol i love this wiki it means well but like all bis things it speaks in riddles.

loving it.

nice map, i haven't even got that far ofp2 thumbs-up.gif I dont know but my ground elevation isnt displayed and i dont understand the texture sections yet biggrin_o.gif

It's a bloody nigthmare for the community. We have tools but we cant use it because we dont have a proper documentation.

When you find obscurities, shortcomings or outdated parts in the Wiki manual, please drop a note in the accordant wiki discussion page.

Chances are somebody already figured it out and we have a centralized documentation for common starting questions.

1) I create an image with GeoControl.

2) I export it in tga.

3) I open it with wilbur.

4) I export it to png. (16-buit values)

5) I create the pbl file with a texteditor and I write in it:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class cfg

{

PNGfilename="world.png";

squareSize=1;

originX=0;

originY=0;

minHeight=10;

maxHeight=376;

};

6) I open the file in Visitor:

sinttulo2jd7.th.jpg

PERFECT. BUUUUUT.... the problem now is that Bulldozer doesn't works with the maps I import in this way. When it is loading the map it says:

sinttulo2ma6.th.jpg

And then shuts down.

Anybody knows what's wrong in my process???

Anybody knows what's wrong in Bulldozer???

gL33k

for exporting dem too ascii xyz save as lat/long

and meters float

try that!

also found you have to start a new empty map and then select import xyz

if you just run v3 then select open xyz it promts you for data info and whatever you put in it says the data is incorrect

and sometimes even if you open a new project and then import

sometimes v3 just stops responding,other times it opens the xyz

fine!

BiGGiBs

Dont bother. I don't know any German, but it is appears to have less information than the wiki.

This Visitor guy seems to absolutely hate me inlove.gif

Well... I think i start to wait some proper tutorial, because i simply can get those $#% texturethings, satelitethings and other things working.

Also Buldozer hates me. Now it doesn't mock me with error messages anymore. It just gives me white and sometimes partially black island... i think i liked errormessages more. Atleast buldozer spoke to me back then sad_o.gif

I tought that i would become island making wizard just like that... Reality seems to be bit harsher crazy_o.gif

ps. Oh! Once i managed to do ugly square map with ugly textures... I was overjoyed... Then Buldozer crashed (sweet buldozer inlove.gif ). After that i haven't managed to reach that high point of map making... banghead.gif

I'm not blaming Visitor... It's just too clever for me sad_o.gif

Visitor and buldozer Loves me yay.gif

It's has ugly textures. It's flat, it doesn't have any objects yet... But this might be start of new beautiful friendship inlove.gif

How the F do I get a proper texture on the thing...

Ive tried several things, but I guess I dont understand the manual really well, or well there is something im doing wrong...

Should I take a screenshot from Google Earth or something and use that as 1 great texture? Or how does this work? Its very different from wrptool... sad_o.gif

Forget WrpTool, sir. smile_o.gif To texture the surfaces, you will need matching big bitmap for texture and similar bitmap in which every pixel colour refers to certain surface.

Sample layers.cfg needed for import (Rahmadi map):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Layers

{

class pisek

{

texture = "ca\desert\data\pisek_mco.png";

material="ca\desert\data\pisek.rvmat";

};

class travajih

{

texture = "ca\desert\data\travajih_mco.png";

material="ca\desert\data\travajih.rvmat";

};

class mesto2