Sign in to follow this  
Penguin

Truck bomb

I was wondering, im making a mission where you have to find a truck carying a diplomat and a bomb hidden in it. I was wondering how to use a timer (i know ofp has the capability) and make the truck explode on completion of this timer. This would be a really neat effect Help me please smile.gifbiggrin.gifwow.gif

sig.jpg

Name the truck something, lets say its TruckOne.

Then create a trigger.

Trigger example:

Axis a: 0

Axis b: 0

Angle: 0

Ellipse

Activation:Anybody

Once

Not present

Counthdown: Min: 20 Max:20 Mid: 20

Type: Switch

Text:

Name:

Condition: this

On activation: Bomb="Shell125" camcreate [(getpos TruckOne select 0),(getpos truckOne select 1),-0.01]

This will create a HEAT125 (HEAT from T80) at the truck after 20 seconds. The HEAT will be placed a little under the ground incase there is any delay in the explosion when its created at 0 (wich Im not sure).

The HEAT125 and Sabot125 have the opposite names in the editor (dont ask me why).

Good luck with your mission smile.gif

Is there any way to increase the magnitude of the blast? or is there a larger explosion biggrin.gif i want it to be utterly chaotic

thanks!

Guest SC Jolly

Well, you could place TWO shells, or more. But I know there is a AP-mine-someting, haven't played OFP for a while so I dont know.

Use a LGB instead of a tank shell.

I created a suicide truck bomber this way.

The blast is big enough to kill most units (even M1A1s) in the vincinity. Have a mission demonstrating this if anybody wants it.

DF

I made my own REAL sucide bomber for OFP taking an artillery script and modifying it a little.

The only problem with it is that after the bomber goes boom, a Heat round lands somewhere near after the LGB goes off to act as the bomb.

I've also created a mission that makes uses the artillery script I modified to make an indestructable suicide bomber as long as he dies when he blows up.  This only last about 4 to 6 times then OFP won't revive him again.   confused.gif

Oh well, if any want to try my demo missions, I'd be glad to give them to ya.

you might want to use a "Maverick" instead of an LGB, depending on where its going to go off. LGB's might take you out at the same time.