Sign in to follow this  
telejunky

ArmA 2

Lugiahua

That is frankly nothing more than spam.

We are all waiting on further news. Wait like everyone else, I can assure you asking for an update will not speed the process up one second.

Lugiahua

That is frankly nothing more than spam.

We are all waiting on further news. Wait like everyone else, I can assure you asking for an update will not speed the process up one second.

I think he was cracking a joke about how similar the two games will be.

Almost as similar as the original screens of ArmA are to the finished product right?

*sigh*

He does have a point tho, I'm a little incredulous that BIS haven't released at least a snippet of the features list, they must have known this would happen if they announce the game with nothing more than a rough plot and a few screens...

Frankly speaking the OFP 2 screenshots look more beautiful then Arma 2 (and release date is just the same "coming 2008".Even Photoshop using

Pelease! I cant believe anyone thinks those OFP2 screenies and trailer are ingame rofl.gif

Anyways we must hush hush, the're will be no discussion of "OFP2" in these forums other then the offtopic section wink_o.gif

Lets see AUS 90 for new game = 9 days of smoking nicotine = 0.5 night out on the piss. Funny that no one complains alcohol/nicotine effect don't last a year. Though you might just get ill.

We should all stop whining. I pretty sure this was all being said when Resistance was released as upgrade to OFP??

Im not trying to say we might be getting duped nor that AUD 90 is not alot of money, but I think you need to put in perspective.

I will hold comments about game until its out their, might be an old man before it comes out. In the meantime go and buy Rainbow 6 Vegas

biggrin_o.gif

I think he was cracking a joke about how similar the two games will be.

Almost as similar as the original screens of ArmA are to the finished product right?

*sigh*

He does have a point tho, I'm a little incredulous that BIS haven't released at least a snippet of the features list, they must have known this would happen if they announce the game with nothing more than a rough plot and a few screens...

Well of course the two games will be similiar, even OFP and ArmA is the similiar, since they are in the same genre. The big difference is that ArmA 2 is gonna be a lot more detailed.

BTW we know the feature list, since this is the Game 2, they already told us about the feature list long ago!!

edit: and notice the fog in viewdistance is still there..  confused_o.gif

No i think that there is no fog bug.This is how is your view in real life.

What would be nice is if the fog occluded the sky as well as the terrain. Looks a wee bit silly as is...

Thats what you call low lying fog, ever seen that? I have..

Anyways That Hind Pic, you cant complain about that viewdistance.. Who says the person who took the screenshot had it on full view also who says that isint a top of a long ridge/hill or what ever.. you just cant tell so dont say something is when you dont have proof.

And like always the game still has a yeah in development, im sure WIP will change. and imo the trees look great.

I think its time for everyone to forget "game 2" already..

Everything we saw of game 2 was present in Arma (graphics)!

Everything else was just ideas, possibilities and lots of speculation.

Arma came out with what BIS had at the time (in working shape.. more or less).

Arma II will be a sequel and it should come out with whatever they manage to do with/for it by the time of its release. We dont know whats planned yet.

Thats not true tho ... we saw dynamic destroyable buildings in screenshots of Game2, and I haven't seen one of thoes in ArmA. So its clear it didn't come out with what BIS had at the time, and its very likely Game2's features stayed seperate. Your saying everyone should stop speculating, but your whole post is your opinion as to what BIS did, and what you think happened with ArmA. Only BIS employees knows what happened, and whats going to happen...

I do however agree with you that we don't know what they have planned... tho with a seprate team working on ArmA2 for years now, its going to be more then a slightly beefed up ArmA, or so it would logicly seem.

You saw dynamic destroyable buildings in screenshots whistle.gif ?

Well, the Arma bridges reflect this, it wasnt used in a larger scale because it would be too much work to make all the buildings like that, not to mention performance.

Im just tired of reading people bringing game 2 up all the time.. BIS made Armed Assault and now they are working on Arma II, its that simple, if there were two dev groups they wouldnt have an outsider working on QG.

OPF, Resistance, OPF:E and Arma.. one game at a time.

I am very excited by the news of ARMA2, but I do habour some concerns that key flaws and limitations from the ARMA/OFP engine might be inherited by ARMA2 if indeed it will be using an evolved version of the former.

I would like to see like to see more of America's Army's infantry featues in ARMA2, like being able to 'cook' or roll grenades.

Anyway don't leave us in the dark for too long BIS and ignore some of the negative postings on ARMA2.

I think its time for everyone to forget "game 2" already..

Everything we saw of game 2 was present in Arma (graphics)!

Everything else was just ideas, possibilities and lots of speculation.

Arma came out with what BIS had at the time (in working shape.. more or less).

Arma II will be a sequel and it should come out with whatever they manage to do with/for it by the time of its release. We dont know whats planned yet.

Thats not true tho ... we saw dynamic destroyable buildings in screenshots of Game2, and I haven't seen one of thoes in ArmA. So its clear it didn't come out with what BIS had at the time, and its very likely Game2's features stayed seperate. Your saying everyone should stop speculating, but your whole post is your opinion as to what BIS did, and what you think happened with ArmA. Only BIS employees knows what happened, and whats going to happen...

I do however agree with you that we don't know what they have planned... tho with a seprate team working on ArmA2 for years now, its going to be more then a slightly beefed up ArmA, or so it would logicly seem.

You saw dynamic destroyable buildings in screenshots whistle.gif ?

Well, the Arma bridges reflect this, it wasnt used in a larger scale because it would be too much work to make all the buildings like that, not to mention performance.

Im just tired of reading people bringing game 2 up all the time.. BIS made Armed Assault and now they are working on Arma II, its that simple, if there were two dev groups they wouldnt have an outsider working on QG.

OPF, Resistance, OPF:E and Arma.. one game at a time.

Yeah Remeber that screenshot with the SU in it, and the building was dammaged and then the tanks shoot at it it falls down more.

I sometimes get the feeling all you people are emo or something. What the hell is up with the black goggles you guys seem to have on? If you honestly think those screens look remotely similar to what ArmA looks like now you're just GO RED ENGINE.

One guy shouts, "THIS LUKS SHT AWFOL LAWL!!11", and all you people need to parrot him?

The ONLY thing similar to ArmA in those screens are the d*mn vehicles and player models as they haven't had time yet to make NEW ONES. The same happened with ArmA. Look at some older ArmA screens. They all featured OFP units. The landscape and lighting effects on the vehicles just look awesome. Nothing like ArmA now.

You people really need to stop beating down every GO RED ENGINE thing BIS puts out.

http://www.armedassault.info/pics/news/news_ArmA2_2.jpg

Do you HONESTLY think that looks anything like the ArmA we have now?

Amazing how you guys seem to know every single little thing about this game two years before it's released as well. You seem to all have made up your minds the campaign is going to blow, the units won't be realistic, the animations will not have been fixed, there'll be no dynamic destruction and the sound quality is going to be aweful.

You know, I'd LOVE to see the official article from which you guys seemed to have pulled this cr*p, because you seem to have unlocked some parts of "tha intahnets" on your computer which I, in my blissful ignorance, have no access to.

PS. Yeah, give me a warning level or whatever for this, but I thought it had to be said.

EDIT: To Matt Rochelle's reply right underneath mine:

Dude... wait... you think THAT pic doesn't look like ArmA as we have it now?! How can you people whine about how the new screens look too much like the ArmA we already have, while the older ones look even more so. Sorry if I misunderstood your post, Matt, but sometimes this community just baffles the hell outta me.

Like you said the have scraped all that though witch is totaly gay..

used to look like this:

wink_o.gif

The ironic thing is that I thought those old 'Game 2' screens were absolutely mindblowing in their quality and advancement. Now they look postively ancient and archaic.

Like you said the have scraped all that though witch is totaly gay..

used to look like this:

wink_o.gif

If you had just looked a *little* bit longer then you would have noticed that there is nothing there in the background and what you are looking at is most likely a tech demo for Linda, grass, Dx9.0 and other stuff. huh.gif

Oh and they are from 2005.

This might as well be locked, this topic is currently only goodfor complaining about how it *looks* like ArmA and 'speculating' that it will be the same as ArmA because we dont have any information and we dont see evidence of the dynamic destruction and the talking to civilians stuff, both if which weve last seen in 2005. For now we should just hope that the dynamic campaign stuff hasnt been scrapped yet.

My point exactly.

Game2_talksyst.jpg

It looks nothing the same.

Im praying that feature hasnt went out the window goodnight.gif

But i like ofpforums idea, that the rest of them have nothing to do. It makes sense. But doesnt that mean that the programmers have to work on ArmA 2 instead of arma 1 like the rest of the team ??

I think a moderator should make a post putting everyone in their place and then lock the thread. Everything's been said and it seems the BIS community has little faith, on the whole.

Remenber the shots from E3 2005 were not even Alpha version yet, suma or Maruk said that. For me, I'm looking forward to ARMA 2.

Listioning to the story your a Marine Corp Force Recon squad so that cant be that many people so maybe the Ai interface is still in it to talk to friendly soldiers

I hope this will at the very least have a fraction of what SteelBeasts simulates in AFV combat.

Me too

guys guys... edit your posts.. i smell a mod coming with PR.

anyway, i agree... lookslike something was lost.. maybe a new hole begining? smile_o.gif

[mg]http://www.armedassault.info/pics/news/news_ArmA2_2.jpg[/img]

Do you HONESTLY think that looks anything like the ArmA we have now?

I think it looks exactly like Arma, diferent foliage and scars hinds flying around but other than that its the same.

Im really not concerned about the graphics or how it will look, just looking forward to what improvements and new features they will throw in smile_o.gif .

edit: you might wanna link that pic.

One thing... why some people start to worry about what kind of teams BIS has, and if they are working and how they are working... it's really something we should not worry about in my opinion. I'm sure BIS has a manager who overlooks the company and arranges teams and their work? That would mean it is not for us to worry about.

Think about BIS as a black box which from time to time spits out a game which you can then buy if you want...

...and you got Flashpoint already, didn't you?

inlove.gif

One thing... why some people start to worry about what kind of teams BIS has, and if they are working and how they are working... it's really something we should not worry about in my opinion. I'm sure BIS has a manager who overlooks the company and arranges teams and their work? That would mean it is not for us to worry about.

Think about BIS as a black box which from time to time spits out a game which you can then buy if you want...

...and you got Flashpoint already, didn't you?

inlove.gif

the thing here is when the "back box" speaks and promise thing.. the community STOPS and listen.. waiting for more spits

Ok so Game2 (next gen game) is ArmA2, now what to do with Next Generation Game forums, will they be renamed "Arma 2" forums? Will they be revamp? many things have been posted there, official features include.

So do they count for anything now that Arma2 is announced?

I can't quite get my head around the massive outpouring of negativity when it is based upon essentially nothing other the similarity of a bunch of screenshots, pre-release and work in progress, to what we have at the moment. Of course it's going to look similar - think about how similar Armed Assault looked to OFP:Elite when it was first announced. They were virtually identical. ArmA came on in massive leaps (graphically) compared to how it was when it was originally announced - oweing to BIS' track record, is it not unreasonable to hold fire on the damning criticism?

Ok so Game2 (next gen game) is ArmA2, know what to do with Next Generation Game forums, will they be renamed "Arma 2" forums? Will they be revamp? many things have been posted there, official features include.

So do they count for anything now that Arma2 is announced?

i also think organization is important.

bis forum should be teared down and start all over again smile_o.gif

some directions would be nice though..