Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

Battle Royale

I saw Battle Royale last night for the first time. Would make a great mission. Pure luck as to your weapon, good or bad you're stuck with it, and NO respawns smile_o.gif

It really is a kick to the head psychologically but you have to think that half the people aren't going to stand a chance in hades, 90% are going to be watching the dirt in front of them after dying for 4 hours, and the last few win... something? Yay?

It really is a kick to the head psychologically but you have to think that half the people aren't going to stand a chance in hades, 90% are going to be watching the dirt in front of them after dying for 4 hours, and the last few win... something? Yay?

I find that no respawns makes people play entirely differently smile_o.gif

Just an idea. It would make people play with cunning instead of with firepower & 15 lives, but only a certain type of player would appreciate it. I call 'em "old school OFP types" wink_o.gif

I think every MP mission maker has thought of it assuming they've seen the movie. It sounds nice but making it exciting and fun for everyone is extremely hard taking into account that people may not have hours of time, there are rarely over ten players per game unless a map is popular and that the island is very big.

I think every MP mission maker has thought of it assuming they've seen the movie. It sounds nice but making it exciting and fun for everyone is extremely hard taking into account that people may not have hours of time, there are rarely over ten players per game unless a map is popular and that the island is very big.

Yeah I already conceded that the game wouldn't be for everyone. I don't think games should be made to appeal to one type of player, disregarding all others. That's why we have endless BF2 type nonsense biggrin_o.gif my least favourite phrase in the whole world is "lowest common denominator". Makes for good business but bad products wink_o.gif

But I noticed the other day that there's a mod/addon/script that will create a wall around a marker area. I think it wouldn't take too much imagination & skill to make a mission where a large area could be walled off for the duration of the mission. And it could be different each time, with different sized areas based on either player numbers, terrain or any random combination.

smile_o.gif

But I noticed the other day that there's a mod/addon/script that will create a wall around a marker area. I think it wouldn't take too much imagination & skill to make a mission where a large area could be walled off for the duration of the mission. And it could be different each time, with different sized areas based on either player numbers, terrain or any random combination.

I was thinking the same thing so it might even be decent if you could only get 5 players as long as the zones were sized to fit the total number of players.

Why do you dig up a five year old inactive thread?

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.