Sign in to follow this  
Kenwort

ArmA BHD:MOD

did you know that benoist and co sound like blackdog and co , reblman and such ? ofp never had so many fans over score and tenty ,its the fact you nevr knew what was coning, the evil was always u k f and a man called pa thy y

well yeah indeed we will make new cars smile_o.gif

for now I made only 2 cars with 5 different skins... smile_o.gif

and a teknical with 2 different ones

What about flipping those models? That would add extra 3 ones, right?

146_62-2.jpg

keep up the good work guys wink_o.gif

did you know that benoist and co sound like blackdog and co , reblman and such ? ofp never had so many fans over score and tenty ,its the fact you nevr knew what was coning, the evil was always u k f and a man called pa thy y

What you talking about Willis?

Flipping them is a nice idea,or add them to a roadblock, or perhaps also make them on fire (with other textures).

I think i just got a mention . rofl.gif

I don't get how myself or UKF are evil but.... crazy_o.gif

funnyguy1 do you mean some new car wrecks? Would be nice but i didn't see so much in BHD but a lot of burning tires. Hopefully BHD will work on or get AI smoke-viewblock too.

funnyguy1 do you mean some new car wrecks? Would be nice but i didn't see so much in BHD but a lot of burning tires. Hopefully BHD will work on or get AI smoke-viewblock too.

You'll have what you deserved wink_o.gif

For the risk of sounding like an ass again, but the car wrecks do look much too new for Somalia.

The technicals I´ve seen there hardly had 4 tires of the same kind, were mostly rusted beyond believe, origined from the late 70´s to the early 80´s and nowhere looking like the glossy ones you´ve made. They were practically moving wrecks with lots of metalworks done to them, sometimes they had handpainted symbols of the warlords they represented and all of them had in common that they were in terrible shape.

For roadblocks they often filled the wrecks with concrete and rubbel and scrap metal to make them more solid and heavy.

Additionally most of the roadblocks were boobytrapped, so once you push them aside with a tank they went boom.

For the risk of sounding like an ass again, but the car wrecks do look much too new for Somalia.

The technicals I´ve seen there hardly had 4 tires of the same kind, were mostly rusted beyond believe, origined from the late 70´s to the early 80´s and nowhere looking like the glossy ones you´ve made. They were practically moving wrecks with lots of metalworks done to them, sometimes they had handpainted symbols of the warlords they represented and all of them had in common that they were in terrible shape.

For roadblocks they often filled the wrecks with concrete and rubbel and scrap metal to make them more solid and heavy.

Additionally most of the roadblocks were boobytrapped, so once you push them aside with a tank they went boom.

well I don't know if this will be possible to make, cause the city is veeeery big, adding a lot of features like those ones, will blow also the best PC out there! crazy_o.gif

I don't think what was being suggested, was about adding anything, but rather, making the technicals and other cars more realistic.

These cars need to look like CRAP, with lots of primer, missing fenders, corrugated metal sheets welded on, bullet holes, Arabic writing spray painted on, off-road tires on a station wagon with the roof removed, etc. etc.

You need some inspiration? Watch Road Warrior, and google "hooptie" and "rust bucket".

BTW, the Ural, the tractor, and other Eastern trucks might look great as a technical, maybe even the bus could be modded into a battle wagon.

Quote[/b] ]I don't think what was being suggested, was about adding anything, but rather, making the technicals and other cars more realistic.

Exactly.

To be honest I'm with balls... the models are good, too good, if you know what I mean....

It's just a suggestion though...

To be honest I'm with balls... the models are good, too good, if you know what I mean....

It's just a suggestion though...

what do you mean? be more precise please or PM me smile_o.gif

He's saying that the cars that you wrecked are too good.

You need to make the cars older, more beat up... and then wreck them

By "from scratch" you mean "from Call of Duty 4" right?

By "from scratch" you mean "from Call of Duty 4" right?

nope, from our model maker which I know can make good weapons...

I don't play COD4 m8 smile_o.gif

anyway for any problems, PM

Well I cant take any screenshots at the moment, as I'm at work, but over lunch I'll take some screenshots for you.

The wrecked cars, the M82 and the M249 are all from CoD4.

Well I cant take any screenshots at the moment, as I'm at work, but over lunch I'll take some screenshots for you.

The wrecked cars, the M82 and the M249 are all from CoD4.

Ok m8, surely our model maker will have some explanation for this...

holy crap...

Removing them, and taking some action against him...

thanks for the info DM smile_o.gif

Had this suspicion aswell with other things they "produced" for the mod.

Would be nice if they speak fact. It´s no problem to use work from other games for a mod, but you should be aware of the legal consequences and be honest to the com about it.

Just out of curiosity, who has been "making" that models ?

LinkerSplit:

Quote[/b] ]for now I made only 2 cars with 5 different skins... smile_o.gif

Ups. whistle.gifconfused_o.gif

Are you going to punish yourself now ?

Had this suspicion aswell with other things they "produced" for the mod.

Would be nice if they speak fact. It´s no problem to use work from other games for a mod, but you should be aware of the legal consequences and be honest to the com about it.

Just out of curiosity, who has been "making" that models ?

LinkerSplit:

Quote[/b] ]for now I made only 2 cars with 5 different skins... smile_o.gif

Ups.  whistle.gif  confused_o.gif

Are you going to punish yourself now ?

@Balschoiw for the last lines LMAO rofl.gif

Linker Split try to contact Makers of COD4 it is not commercial use but it is for a fan made mod I am sure they will have no problems with that.

No word you got and yes you can get by asking good luck wink_o.gif

I will explain you how the facts went:

A model maker of our team (The Boss, the one who made the Ninja model with which I was trying to represent Gray Fox) told me to not give him any credits, he said that models were easy to make (of course, he imported them).

The strange thing is that everytime he gave me some models, he only gave me the 3DS max format of them, that's why I always say that I made those models, and that they are from scratch... sad_o.gif indeed what I did was to import them into O2 (from 3DS to P3D) and make all the needed LODS!

Anyway, we are taking precautions and I'm personally checking all the other models he gave me (since the others are 100% made by me, and seriously no importing process, I can use only Oxygen). for what I checked, only some models have been imported from Call Of Duty 4, but they are pukes, considering my 256 models we made.

I still apologize for the crappy inconvenience.

Linker Split

A question... Will you be modelling an airbase as well with hangers and barracks and some static aircraft like E-3 Sentry's and C-130's??

Also will there be an AC-130? and UN vehicles