Sign in to follow this  
wika_woo

unit Spawn ON Water Tower

Hi I've tried searching around..

I've tried the Unit Get in Waypoint thing as well, but that's no good you see.

can someone please tell me how to spawn a unit on a tower..

When I spawn a unit on a tower it just spawn underneath it..

Thanks a Bunch. If there are any other threads regarding this issue. please link !

Thanks again!..

wink_o.gif

if nothing else setpos the unit up high enough to be on it

in units init line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1),X]

try different numbers for X (which is in meters) until you get the unit on top of the water tower

you need to place the unit on the tower in mission editor then in the units init field type <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, + 12.

that should do it and 12 is the meters you change for how high or low you want it to be. you can even set 0.5 and such values i think. smile_o.gif

Recent thread.

Quote[/b] ]1. You need to use something like buildingPos for proper internal building placement.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_soldier setPos (_house buildingPos _i);

If you're stuck, do a search for the keyword "buildingPos" and you'll find a ton of threads, since this topic was heavily discussed early on in the year.

This allows you to use the special predefined locations on a object (building) to place a unit (person).

Also try ,add a waypoint to the unit over the tower,then there is an option in the waypoint 'Building position no#'

Usually highest number is the top smile_o.gif

Yes Commando, you can use .1 values

Thnaks for the response people..

@ ck-claw i did also try the position number's that were at the bottom of the waypoint settings..

But I'll have a go at the setpos.

thumbs-up.gif

Yeah the setpos is better

Tis also funny too!

I setpos'd an ammo crate on a second floor of a building for a mission,just for fun blew the building up and after the smoke cleared the damn crate was just sat there mid air! rofl.gif

Personally, i use this a lot:

this setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1),X]

Already used to place units on top of a lighthouse, on top of an antenna, inside a guarding tower, on top of a hotel and even to place an engineer on a SU wing to add some life and reality to the SLA base =D

Finding the right spot to place them can be a bit boring, but once you do, it's awesome! wink_o.gif