Sign in to follow this  
ArchangelSKT

Mafia 2

Looks like we all agree about two things.

1. Mafia is a great game.

2. The sequel should have better/more interaction.

More side jobs, more interiors (restaurants, bars, houses) and more things to do/explore.

Lets hope for the best smile_o.gif .

aaah yes - i think deffinately something to make the free roam sections more interesting perhaps - or even bite the bullet and take up the GTA style of always free roaming between missions/chapters

but then you could risk losing the flowing story line

aaah yes - i think deffinately something to make the free roam sections more interesting perhaps - or even bite the bullet and take up the GTA style of always free roaming between missions/chapters

but then you could risk losing the flowing story line

Well, i remember there were some side missions in Mafia, remember the garage fellow who would ask you for favours? (and in return would tip you where you could find nice cars)..

I remember one where i had to take one injured guy full speed from china town to the doctor (very hard), i always payed him a visit before returning to Salieri's because i didnt want to miss out on any of the game.

And to make the city more enjoyabe/explorable they would have to open some buildings, the mission specific ones could be opened only after we beat their respective mission.

Imagination.. imagination tounge2.gif .

edit:

We only read some rumours this far and im already alot more hyped about a possible Mafia 2 than... crysis.

Heatseeker - well, yes, but I never really counted those as proper side missions, as they were always placed at the end of a main mission as an 'optional extra' so to speak.

I'm meaning much more like the GTA series, but in doing so, as I previously stated, I'd fear that it would detract from what is ultimately the best part of Mafia, and that is the story line

Heatseeker - well, yes, but I never really counted those as proper side missions, as they were always placed at the end of a main mission as an 'optional extra' so to speak.

I'm meaning much more like the GTA series, but in doing so, as I previously stated, I'd fear that it would detract from what is ultimately the best part of Mafia, and that is the story line

Well, i was just thinking about something "extra" to do in betwean the main plot missions, but not cheap gta type stuff.

They could throw in unique side missions like convincing some establishment owners that its a good idea to have a little side ensurance, small jobs we could do betwean the main plot missions, i would rather have these than free ride.

I just hope they give more life to the city, more events, more interiors, etc.

I installed Mafia's demo to see if it works (it does and looks great), Illusion's old ls3d dx8 engine can pull some really neat graphics, way better than any gta.

I haven`t read any news yet but I saw a list over the companies and the games that are to be shown (maybe not a compete list) and Mafia 2 was not mentioned there.

However there was a quote

"In addition to the stellar line-up, two new and unannounced games from established and popular brands will be revealed for the first time at Games Convention 2007"

So there is still a chance.

Eventhough I have to say with all the places I have seen this rumors online I believe we will see Mafia 2.

Well, i was just thinking about something "extra" to do in betwean the main plot missions, but not cheap gta type stuff.

They could throw in unique side missions like convincing some establishment owners that its a good idea to have a little side ensurance, small jobs we could do betwean the main plot missions, i would rather have these than free ride.

I just hope they give more life to the city, more events, more interiors, etc.

I installed Mafia's demo to see if it works (it does and looks great), Illusion's old ls3d dx8 engine can pull some really neat graphics, way better than any gta.

agreed - the stealing cars side missions were fun enough, but yes, a few extra 'hands on' missions instead of the free ride business - I'd also like the free ride intergrated into the story, so you can have a ponce around between missions with the vehicles you've stolen, and meet the people you've met etc

Another option that I would love to have is the ability to stash all kinds of stuff in your car ( think more like the loadout screen for H&D2 ) for weapons etc...

I also agree that I would hope we get more stuff to do smile_o.gif

Oh boy I just realized how dissapointed I will be if all the rumors have been false sad_o.gif

Hard to believe that Mafia is 5 years old, 1 year younger than OPF and with cranked up settings it still looks amazing inlove.gif .

Back then i used the imagine how great games would be 5 or so years down the road... today i wonder: wtf went wrong?

Watn is den heut schon Weihnachten? wow_o.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

juhu, great.

I will be the first one, which make the preorder. biggrin_o.gif

Nice but screens say nothing about gameplay. Hopefully it will be again a very story driven game like Mafia 1.

Holy those screens looks good, but as the above poster say it says nothing about gameplay, though the original game and the H&D series makes me believe that we are in good hands with Illusion rofl.gif

Uh, looks even better than i expected crazy_o.gif .

Illusion really working on it? I thought they were dead.

Ok, the trailer is still hidden but someone who saw it came up with a... description, looks like it will take place in the 50's though confused_o.gif.

http://www.subdogs.se/artiklar.php?ID=18

Uhm look on my post a few inches above tounge2.gif

Uh, looks even better than i expected crazy_o.gif .

Illusion really working on it? I thought they were dead.

Ok, the trailer is still hidden but someone who saw it came up with a... description, looks like it will take place in the 50's though confused_o.gif.

http://www.subdogs.se/artiklar.php?ID=18

Uhm look on my post a few inches above tounge2.gif

Oh, hmm oops.

Anyway i cant wait inlove.gif .

Oh man, MAFIA1 was great game. A lot better than GTA. Can't wait for MAFIA2. yay.gifyay.gifpistols.gif

I've always been a fan of gangster films, so I loved Mafia. One of my favourite things about it was how the police would try and do you for mundane things like speeding or running red lights, or carrying a weapon; a far cry from GTA, where you could stand in front of a police car with a rocket launcher and not have them do a thing until after you blew something up. It forced you to box clever a lot of the time, unlike most games. Plus, when you did start rattling away with a Thompson, or start tear-arsing around the city at high speed, it was a release. It was one of the few games that made me feel bad about killing cops too.

Can't wait for the sequel.

damn I hope this one's coming with multiplayer option! would have been great fun with the first game indeed. screens look nice.

looks great, first game was amazing. However i think they need to tune the bloom down when looking at the screen shots, every thing seems to be glowing.

I can't wait for this. DX10 we assume? This would be one of the only games that would make me get Vista and a DX10 card.