Sign in to follow this  
ArchangelSKT

Mafia 2

Rumors are out that Illusion softworks will show off Mafia 2 at the Games convention at the end of august in Leipzig.

PLEASE let it be so notworthy.gif

the german site USK had a trailer that was later removed on the site today.

Still no 100% official word but I cross my fingers ( and toes ) for it.

I rememeber the first Mafia, truly an awsome game! might go and buy next time i see it round, gotta be on budget for about a fiver by now.

Never did manage to complete that infamous raceing mission.

Take two will reveal the games they plan to show in Leipzig later today I have read so hopefully we will not have to wait for a long time.

Damn long time since a game made me so excited (not since OPF) if this is true.

Illusion is next to Bohemia for me one of the top developers with the Hidden & Dangerous franchise as well.

Mafia was an excellent game. I even managed to complete the racing mission without using the patch that made it easier biggrin_o.gif It wasn't really that hard, you can follow the other cars for the first few laps to get a feel for the track then overtake then in the last couple laps.

Anyway, would love to play Mafia 2.

I smell conspiracy wow_o.gif

I have played The Godfather lately an decided to reinstall MAFIA just for the better feeling this week.

Mafia 2 ?

If it comes remotely close to MAFIA 1 I will buy it.

Even Mafia 1 is still a superb game.

Hope this is true, loved Mafia to bits. The 'Hardest Games' thread brought back a load of memories of just how great a game it was.

Thought Illusion were working on the 'Enemy in Sight' thing last we heard from them?

Hope this is true, loved Mafia to bits. The 'Hardest Games' thread brought back a load of memories of just how great a game it was.

Thought Illusion were working on the 'Enemy in Sight' thing last we heard from them?

Yeah so did I, I wonder if they have changed publisher now and are working on another game as well (hopefully next to Mafia 2) Not sure, but I think we will know more in the end of the month.

The new publisher is "3D publisher" think it is Japanese which have said Illusion have one unannounced game for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 that aim for a fall 2008 release. This game is not currently belived to be "Mafia 2" though.

I am to be honest quite happy just to hear something at all from Illusion again, they are great developers in my opinion.

one of the funnest moments I had was building up a mass of police cars and then speeding through downtown and crashing into the balcony above the beach, all the police cars would crash into the back of you and would start to do forward flips down into the water, not to mention the fun of the tight turn at the lighthouse which if navigated poorly would have you smashed on the rocks below smile_o.gif

Very happy to hear this. After HOURS of trying I finnaly passed the racing mission without the "go-around" patch...

but only after dusting off my old steering wheel and pedals.

This one is certainly on the list. Would be really happy to hear they were working on Armed & Dangerous 3, but I fear that's not likely.

Mafia rates among the best games ever released, combining a well crafted SP campaign, a stunning game environment (both the city and the countryside are excellent) and the Freeride mode as a more stylish GTA. The only drawback it shares with Hidden and dangerous 2 and Vietcong is that it is hard to modify.

Regards,

Sander

Aha, i also read these rumours.

Lets hope there will be features to make the game world more interesting/interactive this time.

And as we go thru it (and buildings open) they will remain open too.

Ahh Mafia inlove.gif .

Small detail, it's Take Two which might show Mafia 2. Not Illusion Softworks, so I doubt they are the developer confused_o.gif

I smell conspiracy wow_o.gif

I have played The Godfather lately an decided to reinstall MAFIA just for the better feeling this week.

Hehe, same here.

Yesterday, I really thought about reinstalling and playing Mafia without having seen this thread. Just five minutes ago I thought about researching about a possible Mafia 2 game . . .

And now I see this topic crazy_o.gif

Take two will reveal the games they plan to show in Leipzig later today I have read so hopefully we will not have to wait for a long time.

Illusion is next to Bohemia for me one of the top developers with the Hidden & Dangerous franchise as well.

dont forget vietcong too they had a hand in that as well. another a1 first class game.

I liked Mafia a lot.

At first it seemed like a GTA3 put into the 30's, but after playing a couple of missions, I saw it's a differrent aproach.

The story is one of the best I played on the PC, but the interaction with the city was IMO a weak point.

I had problems with the race too, but after about 20-25 tries, I managed to get the hang of it. Now I can relatively easily win it. well, about 1 of 5 at least...

I really liked the shootout at the airport and the mission when you had to hit a guy in his home, but when you entered, he jumped out the window in underpants, so you had to chase him.

If there will be a sequel, I hope it to be just as good. Just improve the city.

I really liked the shootout at the airport and the mission when you had to hit a guy in his home, but when you entered, he jumped out the window in underpants, so you had to chase him.

biggrin_o.gif

The game had some very interesting moments. The missions often had more to them than just shooting bad guys. Like the one where you had to get on board the boat to assassinate some guy. You could walk around, talk to people and drink some wine at the bar and get a bit drunk smile_o.gif

Hope Mafia 2 is just as good.

dont forget vietcong too they had a hand in that as well. another a1 first class game.

Yeah I thought about it when I wrote the post but I was not sure if it was a 100% Illusion softworks product or if there was other developers involved so I didn`t mention it  smile_o.gif

Strangely enough I haven`t tried that game yet  sad_o.gif

Looks like there is no official word yet, so I guess they just save it for the conference which is just days away anyway.

I liked Mafia a lot.

At first it seemed like a GTA3 put into the 30's, but after playing a couple of missions, I saw it's a differrent aproach.

The story is one of the best I played on the PC, but the interaction with the city was IMO a weak point.

I had problems with the race too, but after about 20-25 tries, I managed to get the hang of it. Now I can relatively easily win it. well, about 1 of 5 at least...

If there will be a sequel, I hope it to be just as good. Just improve the city.

Yes I remember this Mafia was released just after GTA III if I remember correctly.

It has never ceased to amaze me that some people claimed that the grafics was better in GTA then in Mafia, even the cars in Mafia is better ( I have heard ) then the cars in Godfather which is alot more recent.

I love Mafia and I have played it five times, first two times with a keyboard and the last three with my Logitech DFP.

Playing Mafia with a wheel is a true treat as the physics in the game is great on the cars.

Awesome feeling, just cruicing around, and the chases are alot of fun.

However I do agree with the criticism on the game that it is to linear in the storyline, so if we indeed get a sequel now then I hope for more non-linear gameplay and a MP COOP part which I have always wanted in this game.

aaaah, Mafia

Of all the computer games I've played it still rates as having the best storyline of any game to date. Very compelling and engrossing, even though it of course was a tad linear (some endings would change depending on the number of times you played it or how close you were to a chase etc), but the overall plot was very involving and you really got a feel for the era that was trying to be portayed

I agree with the points made about the city being less than perfect... it was beautfully made, but it as very much a backdrop, rather than something that could be truely interactive... one of my favourite missions was 'The Whore' - the hotel, roof and church sections were excellent - The bank raid was equally good.

to better it, the shooting from cars should be imporved (i.e. have more views so its actually possible to hit more things), and also should be more of it for the player - you get to use a tommy gun from the back of the car once (I'm not counting the rear of the truck shooting of the chasing cars here) and then it was following a slow moving easy to hit plane, and of course improve how much you can interact with the city.

with an equally good storyline, it could be a truely great follow up.

one of my favourite missions was 'The Whore' - the hotel, roof and church sections were excellent

That was my favourite mission. The last bit in the church was awesome; hugely clichéd but it was mega ducking and diving between the pughs and dropping rival gangsters with the S&W Magnum.

Probably the best shootout I've had in any game.

hehehe - indeed it was cliche, but I agree, one of the best shoot outs in any game- not to mention dropping the bucket of bricks onto the guys head at the start biggrin_o.gif

From the German magazine PC-Games:

Quote[/b] ]Vor wenigen Tagen tauchte auf der offiziellen Seite der Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle (USK) ein überraschendes Prüfergebnis auf.

Laut den letzten Testergebnissen wurde vor Kurzem der GC-Trailer zu Mafia 2 überprüft und mit der Einstufung "Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG" versehen. Daraus kann man erahnen, dass Take 2 zur bald stattfindenen Games Convention die Katze aus dem Sack lässt und vielleicht den langerwarteten Nachfolger zu Mafia ankündigt.

In English:

The German USK (Age controll for video games) checked a trailer for Mafia 2 and said it would be 16+. This hint could mean that Take2 will publish a Mafia 2 Trailer on the GC. The info was only for a few hours on the homepage of the USK and was then removed again.

So perhaps we can expect something smile_o.gif

Damn, If I had the time I would install it again and play it from the beginning again.

Its the best game in its sort by FAR, and GTA is way behind imho, in atmosphere, car handling, shooting etc.