Sign in to follow this  
Lamont

Bioshock demo coming this week!

Maybe I am dreaming this up, but I thought I saw it would only be available through Windows Live. whistle.gif

Please pardon my previous unwarented alarmism here.  This demo is out now and free to all... I just downloaded it from 3dgamers.

I do find the whole Games For Windows and Windows Live "brand" quite suspect though, and I'm convinced M$ fully intend to make make us pay a subscription to play the said games in multiplayer, which imo is kind of insane, given that short of MMOs, the multiplayer aspect of pc gaming has never been any additional charge over the cost of the game itself.

No matter for this Games for Windows title Bioshock though... it's sinlge player only.

smile_o.gif

Yeah, that's PSU failure. Or lightning strike on the PC. I had a PSU failure once, it fried by hard drive and screwed my video card. Screwed as in it was still working but had many errors. And I'm not sure, but also a memory stick got corrupted and had to change it. Not sure if the PSU failure caused that.

Lesson learned: Never buy a cheap PSU. I had the cheapest one available. The one that came with the tower. I learned my lesson so I bought a quality Antec PSU for 150$

I'll be getting this game in about 5 hours or so, but I won't be able to play it till at least Friday..... Moving to University tomorrow and I'll be too busy to game. Why did it have to come out at the end of august sad_o.gif(( mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Bought the collectors addition and im liking this game. best part of the game so far is in Raptures Theater in the Arcadia district. won't spoil what your supposed to do here, but it involves my character w/ a shotgun and a psycho pathic theater director sending a horde of splicers after you while classical music Waltz of the Flowers playing on this intercom

this is currently my most favorite shoot-out in a FPS pistols.gif

Bought the game last night for the PC and it is a beautiful game with all the bells and whistles turned on.

The setting is very original and has some style, but the storyline is hardly one of akind... The game borrows so much from past classic games (Dues Ex) upgradeable weapons ,hacking ,body mods (Half life) and even (S.T.A.L.K.E.R) with it's baffling enemy spawns.

Granted these are titles the 360 crowd probably never even played ,so this will be lost on them.

I don't understand all the cries for GOTY, other than being a dry year for games sofar.

Still a good game if you like some run & gun in a dreary yet pretty game world.

Just my opinion

Apart from the lack of an inventory, it's a winner in my book. Loved every second of it; it's basically SS in a different setting with a couple of different outlooks here and there.

If you've never killed someone by hurling a gas cylinder at their head, I recommend, very strongly, that you try it.

I'm gonna try and force some advanced graphical settings on it tonight to see if I can get it even prettier. smile_o.gif Some of the aliasing in the ingame text irritates me, but that's a very small blemish on the overall picture.

Is this game as awesome as everyone is saying then? smile_o.gif

When I stayed at my aunts house the time my dad pushed my mom down the stairs, and she was in the hospital.

I got to play it on my cousins computer. It was even more disappointing then my copy of Arma.

My cousin loves it. He has always been distracted by bright colors and flashing lights ever since the accident and the resulting brain damage.

Arma and bioshock provide him with hours of entertainment. Before he used to sit for hours eating paint chips and playing with his little people play set, but would get really frustrated with its complexity. Now he plays Amra and Bioshock on his computer and thanks to how uncomplex and unchallenging they are - he never get frustrated.

Im happy for him.

Is this game as awesome as everyone is saying then? smile_o.gif

When I stayed at my aunts house the time my dad pushed my mom down the stairs, and she was in the hospital.

I got to play it on my cousins computer. It was even more disappointing then my copy of Arma.

My cousin loves it. He has always been distracted by bright colors and flashing lights ever since the accident and the resulting brain damage.

Arma and bioshock provide him with hours of entertainment. Before he used to sit for hours eating paint chips and playing with his little people play set, but would get really frustrated with its complexity. Now he plays Amra and Bioshock on his computer and thanks to how uncomplex and unchallenging they are - he never get frustrated.

Im happy for him.

Happy birthday and a nice life for you as well!

Bought it on Friday.

Its a decent SP FPS. Nothing really bugged me about it at all, except some of the water effects are scripted as you can clearly see when things crash into another object.

So far ive only had the good ending ( saving the little sisters ).

Though i dont think it was as good as the scores it got, there was nothing New about it at all that hasnt been in some other FPS, except the genetic enhancements.

All around its a decent FPS. Worth the money to buy and play.

Just a tip but someone better rename the thread since people are discussing the full game and not only the Demo it seems.

In order to avoid spoilers that is.

Bought the collectors addition and I'm liking this game. best part of the game so far is in Raptures Theater in the Arcadia district.  won't spoil what your supposed to do here, but it involves my character w/ a shotgun and a psycho pathic theater director sending a horde of splicers after you while classical music Waltz of the Flowers playing on this intercom

this is currently my most favorite shoot-out in a FPS pistols.gif

Yeah, that was a good part of the game smile_o.gif Reminds me of the first BATMAN movie, when batman was fighting the (jack Nicholson ) jokers goons in the bell tower.

I didn't fire a shot during that squence..... the whirlwind trap plasmid worked pretty good there.

The game still irks me, I clean a room out and not but a few seconds later the room has enemy's in it again....and I'm guarding the entrance!?

Seems a few things were left out of the finished game to. Machines are hackable, but we were supposed to be able to booby trap them through hacking....can't seem to do it.

Booby traps can be set up in front of machines though.

Research camera feels tacked on.....Dead Rising anyone?

Most guns were supposed to be made from crafting ...instead we only build ammo and small improvements to weapons.

Key parts of dialog and other important interactions can be ruined by random splicers who spawn right on top of you.

Enemy AI can turn a 38 pistol into a sniper rifle. Medpacks are pointless to collect thanks to AI spawn/ AI aim / and vita chambers.

I must admit, I got caught up in the hype machine with this game, I don't normally go for the mindless shooters.

Just my opinion.