Sign in to follow this  
ulfvarr

Snow/grass

im relatively new to flashpoint, so theres a bunch of things i don't get. such as why the no one is ever playing multiplayer when i check it, and how come in my game, the ground is covered in snow, but in all the pictures, it's grassy? i would much rather have grass than snow.

Specs of your computer would be helpful. My guess is that you have an integrated gfx card that doesn't have enough memory. One possible solution is that you go in options and disable multitexturing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ulfvarr @ Feb. 21 2002,21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im relatively new to flashpoint, so theres a bunch of things i don't get. such as why the no one is ever playing multiplayer when i check it, and how come in my game, the ground is covered in snow, but in all the pictures, it's grassy? i would much rather have grass than snow.<span id='postcolor'>

There's no snow in OFP, belive me. Something is wrong with your graphic card drivers or even with your grapahic card (memory, too old graphic card).

What are your system specifications?

If you've got an ATI rage, then chances are you need to turn multi-texturing off via the in-game options...that's if the ground is pale but still has some texture...If it's completely white then most likely your graphics card doesn't have enough memory.

I have same problem. I have on-board graphics(no card) and for some reason rather than using the RAM it simply decides that since it can't handle all the textures it simply doesn't bother with the ground textures.

The upside is that no beggar can hide since they stand out. This doesn't work to the AI's advantage cause they don't see in terms of colour.

I have the same all white problem. Hes right they stand out the only time I cant find them is when the are standing in the Forest. I tried to fix it to but randomly clicking buttons in the option menu didnt work.

Problem=No ground textures(white ground) right?

SOLUTION= start a game of ofp(lan, single player, multiplayer, whatever, just be IN the actual playing part of the game). Hit ESC to bring up the options menu, then hit Video, then in the bottom right portion of the Video Menu there is an option called Multi-Texturing, disable that and your ground should be textured biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ulfvarr @ Feb. 21 2002,22:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im relatively new to flashpoint, so theres a bunch of things i don't get. such as why the no one is ever playing multiplayer when i check it<span id='postcolor'>

Are you saying that you just click on the multiplayer option in the game menu, and expect to find other players waiting there?

It doesn't work that way. You need to connect to a server running ofp games (or another persons computer), and the best way to do this is via a program called All Seeing Eye,

which you can download (for free! and with no ads! ) here.

It will list active multiplayer games for you, and when you doubleclick on a server, it opens up Operation Flashpoint automatically, and connects you to that game.

IMPORTANT: Before you try it out, read the guide to online playing for n00bs in the Multiplayer section of this Forum.

<span style='color:red'>Don't bother with Gamespy, as it

1) hogs bandwidth

2) hogs memory

3) has annoying ads

4) has few games compared to ASE</span>

If I misunderstod your complaint, then just ignore all of this.