Sign in to follow this  
Solus

Extended Init Event Handler

Do i have to put Extended_Init_EventHandlers.pbo, Extended_Fired_EventHandlers.pbo and Examples folder i arma/addons folder ? just like that ?

Doesn't really matter which addons folder you use. So long as it is loaded by ArmA. Main addons folder is fine.

Don't install the examples. That's just something for modders to use so they can see how to implement it.

Also, mods which don't support it may conflict with it. Check if they have updated versions.

Thank You once more. Arma rocks thanks to Your hard work Moders thumbs-up.gif

Sorry to bump this thread and repeat this...

Solus, could you please sign this addon? ArmA Effects, as well as others now, rely on it and it's no use signing our stuff now since it relies on an unsigned addon.

Sorry to bump this thread again...

First a big thank you for all the great addon makers here   notworthy.gif  great impressive work!!!

I've been reinstalling ArmA after crashes that occured from bad addons.

I've installed these addons but still I get error messages when I load Arma, or in multiplayer regarding the sightadjustment addon ("you cant play/edit blah blah...")

I'm having a hard time with this....  banghead.gif

please check my addons list and shortcut for arma and tell me what to do and where to put the files.

here is my shortcut for arma with the addons:

"F:\Games 2\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@ArmAEffects -mod=DBE1 -mod=FDF_Sounds -mod=@DMSmokeEffects -mod=@TrueMods -mod=@NWD_Ballistics;@NWD_ScopeFix;@GMJ_SightAdjustment;@NWD_RangeFinder

and here is my folder list :

@ArmAEffects                             <DIR>

@DMSmokeEffects                         <DIR>

@GMJ_SightAdjustment                    <DIR>

@NWD_Ballistics                         <DIR>

@NWD_Rangefinder                         <DIR>

@NWD_ScopeFix                           <DIR>

@TrueMods                               <DIR>

AddOns                                   <DIR>

Campaigns                               <DIR>

DBE1                                     <DIR>

Dta                                     <DIR>

FDF_Sounds                               <DIR>

Keys                                     <DIR>

Missions                                 <DIR>

MPMissions                               <DIR>

MPTemplates                             <DIR>

Templates                               <DIR>

DO they conflict?

where do I put the "event fired/init handlers"? (right now it's in the addons folder)  

when I put "SightAdjustment_AutoInit" in the addons folder I get an error message when arma loads

"addon SightAdjustment_AutoInit requires addon SightAdjustment".... and then "script GmjSightAdjustment\scripts\SightAdjustmentint.sqf not found"  duh.... what gives??   crazy_o.gif

how do I quick check to see if they work??  

Sorry if it's been asked here - I checked and couldn't find a solution. I wish it was more stupidfriendly for guys like me.

it's hard to track all the changes in ArmA and the logic of the addons/pbo's and stuff (chinees for me ...)

(may you could post a folder picture with the text regarding how the addon should look in the in the Arma directory?)

I thank all the helpers

Ron533 aka IDF_Setup

here is my shortcut for arma with the addons:

"F:\Games 2\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@ArmAEffects -mod=DBE1 -mod=FDF_Sounds -mod=@DMSmokeEffects -mod=@TrueMods -mod=@NWD_Ballistics;@NWD_ScopeFix;@GMJ_SightAdjustment;@NWD_RangeFinder

and here is my folder list :

@ArmAEffects <DIR>

@DMSmokeEffects <DIR>

@GMJ_SightAdjustment <DIR>

@NWD_Ballistics <DIR>

@NWD_Rangefinder <DIR>

@NWD_ScopeFix <DIR>

@TrueMods <DIR>

AddOns <DIR>

Campaigns <DIR>

DBE1 <DIR>

Dta <DIR>

FDF_Sounds <DIR>

Keys <DIR>

Missions <DIR>

MPMissions <DIR>

MPTemplates <DIR>

Templates <DIR>

DO they conflict?

where do I put the "event fired/init handlers"? (right now it's in the addons folder)

A more correct way to write it (not sure if it solves your problem):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">F:\Games 2\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@ArmAEffects;DBE1;FDF_Sounds @DMSmokeEffects;@TrueMods;@NWD_Ballistics;@NWD_ScopeFix;@GMJ_SightAdjustment;@NWD_RangeFin

der

Extended EH addons can go in any addon folder, so long as that addon folder is being used. The main addon folder is fine.

Quote[/b] ]when I put "SightAdjustment_AutoInit" in the addons folder I get an error message when arma loads

"addon SightAdjustment_AutoInit requires addon SightAdjustment".... and then "script GmjSightAdjustment\scripts\SightAdjustmentint.sqf not found" duh.... what gives?? crazy_o.gif

The sight adjustment addon isn't installed properly. Make sure it's there in it's addon folder with the "sightAdjustment_AutoInit"

Have a read here for some info on modfolders. That should help you understand them.

@Solus: I've ended up just signing the extended EH addons myself for my mod.

Quote[/b] ]when I put "SightAdjustment_AutoInit" in the addons folder I get an error message when arma loads

"addon SightAdjustment_AutoInit requires addon SightAdjustment".... and then "script GmjSightAdjustment\scripts\SightAdjustmentint.sqf not found"  duh.... what gives??   crazy_o.gif

The sight adjustment addon isn't installed properly. Make sure it's there in it's addon folder with the "sightAdjustment_AutoInit"

Thanks for the reply!

I still have errors and I didnt get which file have I missed?

In my ArmA\@GMJ_SightAdjustment\Addons   folder

there are only these txt files :

rangecard_aks74pso.txt                  

rangecard_ksvk.txt                        

rangecard_list.txt                            

rangecard_m107.txt                            

rangecard_m16a2.txt                        

rangecard_m24.txt                            

rangecard_m4spr.txt                          

rangecard_svd.txt    

and now added this file as well:                      

sightadjustment_autoinit.pbo

and it gives me an error message (see above). without it (the last pbo) - it doesnt.  

is there a file missing here? (it's extracted directly from the RAR file).

still didn't get what this file does but I guess you need it with the eventhandlers etc'... smile_o.gif  and I thought it might eliminate the error I get when logging into some servers about the sight adjustment plugin that cant be played/edited (see above).

what do I do??

how should it look like??

I see from the questions here that it is an enigma sometimes...

thanks for the helpers again!

Ron

p.s.  which weapon uses this new scope with the red arrow by NWD? I want to make sure the addon works for me cause I cant find this type of scope...thanks   :

SCOPE...

You don't have the sight adjustment addon there. All I see is text files and the init patch. I don't see the addon pbo file there. I guess the text files are for the range cards, but they don't do anything if you don't have the addon.

Instructions to install the addon should be in the readme.

That scope is the ACOG on the M16A4.

Also that pic is too big. Max size allowed on the forums is 100KB. Replace the img tags with url tags before the moderators see it tounge2.gif

You don't have the sight adjustment addon there. All I see is text files and the init patch. I don't see the addon pbo file there. I guess the text files are for the range cards, but they don't do anything if you don't have the addon.

Instructions to install the addon should be in the readme.

That scope is the ACOG on the M16A4.

that's the problem - there was no readme in the downlaoded file from armaholic...

So, now that I know what to look for I searched these forums and found the original post from NWD with a link to James adjustment addon and post. I've downloded the 0.4 beta and put the pbo in NWD's folder with the NWD's text cards.

Now I dont get that error no more. I guess it's in it's right place, right?

But now I have a new error when logging into servers about "unable to play/edit this mission..." problem with your addon Maddmatt "armaeffects".

Now what?? is that the servers problem or mine?

this the list of files from your addons folder, tell me if it's correct and am I missing here again?

extended_fired_eventhandlers.pbo

extended_fired_eventhandlers.pbo.maddm..

extended_init_eventhandlers.pbo

extended_init_eventhandlers.pbo.maddma..

maddmatt.bikey

math_armaeffects.pbo

math_armaeffects.pbo.maddmatt.bisign

Does it conflict with "DMSmokeEffects" addon??

Thanks!

Ron

@Solus:

I think there is some problem with this addon when a new addon tries to utilise it but get the syntax slightly wrong. In this case, an unrelated (but correctly made) addon will fail. I think it may have something to do with whatever concatenation method is employed to string handlers together.

But now I have a new error when logging into servers about "unable to play/edit this mission..." problem with your addon Maddmatt "armaeffects".

Now what?? is that the servers problem or mine?

Actually that's probably my fault. Just click ok and it lets you play anyway. I noticed it once while testing. I'll try to fix it.

@Solus: DMarkwick is right. In a version of my mod I didn't add the ';' to the end of my fired EH code. So when another mod used the extended fired EH, the error prevented both mods from working. I guess because the code strings are added together and it causes an error because there is no ';' in between.

Making sure you have the ';' will prevent it though. That's what I did to fix it.

There seems to be a strange bug with this addon... I made a mission that won't load if this addon is used... is there any known information about this problem ? and any known fix ? I will realy appreciate any information about this...

LCD OUT

There seems to be a strange bug with this addon... I made a mission that won't load if this addon is used... is there any known information about this problem ? and any known fix ? I will realy appreciate any information about this...

LCD OUT

Make the mission by only and only using essential addons for it, as if you use custom buildings or units.

That way you don't force addon dependency into the mission.

mission doesnt require any addons... at all... :P

it does suport couple of extras (if u got da addon it kicks in, if u dont have it it wont :P)

and nywayz dis reply doesnt help solve me problem :P

btw link 2 da mision : O-Team :P

LCD OUT

after lots of expirementing i found out what was the problem... it seems ArmA didnt like the fix that applies init EHs to units inisde vehicles... i remade tha .pbo file... so now the code inisde it looks like that...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

if ((count crew _unit > 0) and (not (_unit in (crew _unit)))) then

{

{[_x,_Extended_Init_Class] execVM "\Extended_Init_EventHandlers\Init.sqf"} forEach (crew _unit);

};

and it fixed the problem... now if solus would be kind enough to offficialy update his addon to fix this ill be very glad biggrin_o.gif

LCD OUT

Hi, sorry for taking so long. I've packed up the latest version of the Extended Init EH.

Extended Init EH 1.2 @ FileFront.com

Changes:

Changed the ExecVM to call compile, thanks to UNN.

Added LCD's fix, thanks for finding that!

Added signature files.

Also ArmA SLX Mod is in the final test release.

And sorry to anyone that has tried to PM me, the message box got filled up.

great, now we can only hope more mod makers utilizes this ...

Excellent. Now, consolidate everything into say a "Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo" addon that covers all event handlers, and we'll have something neat and tidy and universally usable for modders. xmas_o.gif

Thanks for the mirrors!

Mr Groch: Sorry about that, here's the bikey.

SLX_XEH.bikey @ FileFront.com

Killswitch: Unfortunately I'm not going to have time to make more extended EH addons so maybe someone else can try doing it for the other event handlers.

Thx for the bikey file, but something is wrong with signatures...

(or bikey file)... I have tried many times, but always same result.

I can't join to the server with Extended Init Event Handler.

I'm always kicked becouse of wrong signature... I have placed

bikey file on the server....

Yes - I'm sure that this is foult with your addon, I have many

other bikey files on the server nad I don't have problem with other

addons...

I recommend you to create key file once more and sign your 2 pbo

files again with that new key...