Sign in to follow this  
RN Malboeuf

Planes rock the wings constantly while attacking

I had some tests recently porting OFP ww2 planes in game. And i ran into problem i can't solve for some time. AI units rock the wings (quite well seen roll up to 30-40 degrees ) every several seconds approaching ground target  and disengaging (coming for next approach). I guess they try to slow down ? maxLeadSpeed for weapons is high enough (if it can be the problem)...

It looks wierd  sad_o.gif like a drunk pilot smile_o.gif

Can anyone suggest what can be  wrong ?

standart BIS camels behave in the same way sad_o.gif

maybe its the headturnai value for infantry wich cause this?

they do this instead look left or right like a soldier would?

Have you switched to the AI pilot view while testing? I noticed something similar with the AV, it appeared to be trying to constantly line up with the target. But would keep over compensating, then try to re-adjust.

Quote[/b] ]it appeared to be trying to constantly line up with the target

_after_ approach and the strike?

Quote[/b] ]maybe aileron sensitivity too .....

of course, with less aileronsensitivity it's harder to roll, but it's  not the solution  (hard to fly for player looong turns for ai)

Quote[/b] ]do you have some mass on the wingtips ?

yes, but just a little - almost all the mass is in the fusalage

I looked through config parameters, tried flapsFrictionCoef ,aileronSensitivity,elevatorSensitivity,noseDownCoef with no luck, but i still don't know what envelope[] means...

Well it was a question rather than a solution….Still waiting for the answer...But believe it or not, the logic involved with re-aligning with an old target, is not that different to aligning with a new target.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Its caused by over sensitive controls and poor mass distribution in the geolod.

You cant get away with just a few points on the wing tips like we could in the OFP days.  You get far better handling using more points along the wing - dont go mad - but adding points every metre or so will give you the ability to fine tune the mass and therefore the handling.

of course, with less aileronsensitivity it's harder to roll, but it's  not the solution  (hard to fly for player looong turns for ai)

Sure, but what I meant was, was it OVER sensitive ...... ie value in inappropraite. ..... but its sounds like you have investigated that parameter.

Agree with Rock on mass ... its a pain, but trial and error.

Also another thought, are all weapons (memory points), models and proxies lined up at exactly 0 degs?

controls sensitivity is not the solution. read above.

Quote[/b] ]Also another thought, are all weapons (memory points), models and proxies lined up at exactly 0 degs?

yes. but you know - bombs can not be lined up smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] You get far better handling using more points along the wing

Do you have working example of such geolod ?

yes. but you know - bombs can not be lined up smile_o.gif

You need to think a little deeper than that my friend ..... the ArmA engine MUST line up a weapon some how ... so what is it that the engine is using?

Direction of the pilot proxy? Direction of the MG axis? Direction of the primary axis in the p3d? etc etc

Food for thought .... and no, no friggin idea myself tounge2.gif