Sign in to follow this  
evilnate

Specific error while crashing to desktop

After crash to desktops for no apparent reason, and no change in software I have started getting the same following error;

ArmA: Cannot create sytem memory surface 4444,50x50 (size 6272 B) Error code 8876086c

I have been having CTD problems in the past and the CTD thread has been stale for eons. This is the first time that I am getting actual errors. Anyone else getting this error?

This problem is caused by wrong size of texture (like suqad logo etc.).

I have this problem when one of my mates have wrong size of clan logo. Everytime when i look at him when he is sitting in a wehicle or on the playerlist under "P". I have this error. You have the same problem with texture size 50x50 px. Do you have squad logo or smth? Or maybe playing with your mates caused this problem?

I have a squad logo and have played with others with the same logo with no problems. When these errors were happening i was on a server that I don't normally go on with strangers so I think you are on the right track.

Thanks for the input! smile_o.gif

i get boost to desctop also and get this error

cannot creat system memory surface DXT1,2048x2048(size2796224 B) Error code 8007000e

I had this same error when I had my in-game texture settings to default. Once I changed it to normal it stopped