Sign in to follow this  
Törni

ZU-23 AA Guns

Common guys, asking, begging or even demanding something won't make it happen.

Let Törni enjoy his "happy family incident" and get back to his countless unpaid hours of addon making when he wants to. wink_o.gif

Malick

Hello. I'll put the new pack online this evening. Seems that there has been no contacts from the author so far. I think we have waited for long enough. xmas_o.gif

Glad to see you back. I'm excited to see the pack. I can barely get to sleep. But that has more to do with whats in the bed then excitement for the new version. wink_o.gif

Regardless, I look forward to seeing this beast in game. notworthy.gif

Ah, great news...

I'm currently making some missions including them. If there's an update, I'll update my missions too.

Malick

EDIT: No where the hell is that Russian Federation Units 2?

You may speed it up if you help us tounge2.gif

OK. You can now download a new version of the pack. All credits in the accompanying readme as usual.

Here's the link (also in the first post)

download

Absolutely beautiful. It's an honor to be the first to post for this version. Your respect for the original creator is admirable. You are a tremendous asset to the ArmA community. Thank you.

Now excuse me while I go clean my nose and mouth. Thats enough ass kissing. rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ] Thats enough ass kissing.

Did you even try the truck or are you just posting? tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ] Thats enough ass kissing.

Did you even try the truck or are you just posting? tounge2.gif

Im not gonna break out the ass kissing if it's unwarranted. biggrin_o.gif

Of course, I'm still playing with it in the editor as we speak. I don't know what's more fun, firing it or driving around in the truck and checking it out in 3rd person view. Jesus, you really went all out. This was well worth the wait. You truly are my hero. notworthy.gif

Great Addon.

And also starting Bugreport biggrin_o.gif

Roof of the Truck is not visible from Gunnerseat.

img184....th.jpg

You can also fire through the Front of the Truck, but maybe thats Arma limitation.

Ok. Let's see if there is anything else. The roof thing is easy to fix.

The known issues:

- AI can fire guns through the cabin. It seems that in ArmA one cannot shoot itself and objects cannot collide with themselves thus AI ignores the geometry entirely. If the gun rotation would be restricted then it could not shoot 360 degrees at air targets which just would not be right in an AA-vehicle

- All damage effects are not as in BIS trucks. It is still impossible to define some values for damage effects with the current tools so the addon uses work-arounds

Quote[/b] ]You may speed it up if you help us

Really? - How?

I tried it, and I like it Törni, the Lods are ok, not perfect but ok, the textures need to be merged, specially now that you normalized them. Damage needs to be worked a little bit more, but... despite this small things I say you did a great job again, congrats and ty for your work wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- All damage effects are not as in BIS trucks. It is still impossible to define some values for damage effects with the current tools so the addon uses work-arounds

search the forums for Armoured_Sheep posts - there's solution to get damage materials work. if you about it smile_o.gif

Great Work Torni. They look very well made, its good to have some new toys.

ummm, a couple of things....white gun on the truck looks white. and there was no way to indicate the amout of ammo the truck gun has.

HBS out crazy_o.gif

ummm, a couple of things....white gun on the truck looks white...

You need to have the other two addons installed as well. smile_o.gif

I've also got a bug - the steering wheel doesn't show up when looking into the truck from the outside.

Yes - you need to have zu-23 installed for truck to work ok. I'll check the reported stuff and release a quick fix tonight - 1.131 or something wink_o.gif