Sign in to follow this  
Törni

ZU-23 AA Guns

zu-23_23mm-aa_001-s.jpgZU23_255114.jpg

QUICK FIX FOR THE TRUCK

You can download a fixed truck file from the link below. Please do note that the .zip contains only the updated version of the AATruck. The original gun files of the pack are still needed as well.

UPDATES:

- Driving wheel not visible from outside - fixed

- Roof not visible from the gunner's position - fixed

1.13b Fix for the AA-Truck

1.13 ZU-23 PACK IS OUT (ZU-23, ZU-23M AA-guns and AA-Truck)

(Original OFP addons by AKM74 and Offtime)

http://rapidshare.com/files/52119272/zu23_113.zip.html

1.13 UPDATES

- AA-truck added

- Mapping updated for the guns

- Real optics (widescreen compatible)

- Armory bug squashed

- Servo sounds added

- Quicker reload times

1.1 UPDATES

- Fixed geolod of the original OFP model

- Increased dispersion values

- Realistic sounds mixed from Finnish Defence Forces 23mm AA-gun sounds[

They fit in pretty good. Not all OFP addons had brutal texture jobs. biggrin_o.gif

good stuff getting them into Arma. thumbs-up.gif

Not yet, but textures are in two large image files so should be easy to make. Next maybe that. One thing I don't like is the blue color for opics - have to replace that if I find good references.

@Cameron - if you do the maps mind sharing the updated versions with the rest of the community?

It's certainly within my grasp, though I'm currently RHS-ing my arse off over here. I'll have a whack at it over the weekend. smile_o.gif

You mean the Russian soldiers pack or other stuff too?  wink_o.gif

EDIT: I'll see if I can find the references for optics and update the textures accordingly. Drop me a note if you go for it so we can combine our efforts.

EDIT: Might drop in the original 60's two-man version of the gun with manual targeting and old optics also.

we... when you said it was imidiatly ready i wasnt expecting it so fast biggrin_o.gif

thanks!!

I like this addon, its gonna work well with my D-day drop mission. only problem is when the AI in the guns shoot ground units which can be brutal. Is it possible to make it so they only attack air units, and not ground units?

I like this addon, its gonna work well with my D-day drop mission. only problem is when the AI in the guns shoot ground units which can be brutal. Is it possible to make it so they only attack air units, and not ground units?

Personally I like that feature.

The guns have that capability in real life so I don't see why it should be omitted.

The question I am guessing is though can it be edited within the config file?

Nice addon just one question which sound is used.

here you have some short action movies off the zsu23 I can't and don't know how to import the sound but if possible somebody can try.

nice job Törni! I really wanted to have this in my ArmA addons folder not only in ofp addons folder! inlove.gif

VITAPC was a classic, it's great he allowed the pack to be converted to Arma.

good idea and good job Törni !

Congrats for this good looking job, Törni thumbs-up.gif

VITAPC was a classic, it's great he allowed the pack to be converted to Arma.

good idea and good job Törni !

some of these great addons should be implemented in a future BIS official patch instead of addons.

Ofcourse it should be a selection. But there are classics.. wink_o.gif

They will be very usefull for us (the greek army has more than a 500 of them in the islands), until we build our own more detailed.

Thank you for the import.

Textures - Normal and Specular maps are on the way in the next releases.

Sounds - well sure. If there is a good quality source custom sounds can be made. Currently uses ingame ArmA sound.

Accuracy and fire againts infantry - something to consider:

ZU-23s have half the rate of fire of Shilka and AI mid range hit propability is also about a half. Consider what kind of meat grinder Shilka is. If you want to make them less effective slide that skill selector way down. They can still put a high volume of fire up to 1000 meters with a reasonable accuracy.

EDIT2: I'll edit and mix new firing sounds later tomorrow. Let's see if I can make it a decent one.

sweet i always wanted to have some basic AA stuff smile_o.gif

these where also in the bas tonahl pack, damn i miss the stuff in that pack... all the vehicle and the mercs and militias and stuff. smile_o.gif

btw are these for both opfor and racs? smile_o.gif

btw where is armaholic when you need them? rapid share give me a little bit trouble cause my net died while downloading and when retried they said i have to be premium or wait 5 mins tounge2.gif

Hi Torni !

I'll test this baby tonight wink_o.gif It's great you manage to convert OFP addons into ArmA, especially the ones you chose fit perfectly in Sarhani orders of battle.

Keep them coming biggrin_o.gif

Malick

Does anyone else get a CTD after destroying Camera.sqs via "V" key while using this addon? huh.gif