Sign in to follow this  
codarl

The surroundings of Bis.

After a looong break I return here, and during a stroll trough the hall of nostalgia I had these findings:

the <a href="www.bohemia.com" target="_blank">Main page</a> was updated a staggering four months ago: no word about Queens gambit, Texview, or anything about their BIA partner. quite frankly, they've made a staggering number of two updates, not one that takes care of the heavely outdated articles / acient OFP screenshots.

<a href="www.flashpoint2.com" target="_blank">flashpoint2.com</a> redirects to ArmA, while Bis said that ArmA is NOT their "next major project", in fact, the way I see it, all Game2 news has stopped after Bis replaced the "2007" by "2008" on that page, and no word comes out on how the project is going, while ArmA screens weren't published with over a year of interval (though sometimes it DID felt that way wink_o.gif ).

the Secret Bis page was a great and fun story about finding a new office, and showing some personality of the persons at bis, yet even that hasn't recieved any care, or "own" ArmA version.

Seventh which supported BIS in more ways then just music, seems to have dissapeared from the face of the planet:

OFP News Network is accessible, but hasn't been updated in years (the "page updated" bug was there in 2005 as well.

Seventh's main page is gone (couldn't find an alternative either)

Indipendence lost's website is gone, while displaying "delayed until after OFP2" when VBS1 was already released (gave me the idea the concept of the Timor conflict was still there)

As far as I'm aware, those were all the web pages they maintained, sad.. very sad.

---------------------------

Could anybody supply the community with the information those die-hards eagerly await? why was the independence lost project cancelled? why the rare ammount of updated? (and perhaps, since that was the reason I came here in the first place: why Oxygen II still hasn't been released?)

Thanks in advance,

Codarl

I think they gave up on everything because Armed Assault sucks/sucked so hard.

OFP was fun while it lasted.

I sent Marek a pm, that the BIS Page need an update ( not only the frontpage) but no answer yet.

btw. pls. correct the links.

Parts of it are subject to NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreements), company policy and secrecy concerning projects that have not (yet?) left the stage of concept defining (how many screens did we really see of i.e. Independance Lost? 4?).

The chance of every getting an explanation about these matters is next to nothing (lets be optimistic and say it's 1%)...

Yeah, BIS has the worst PR department after KGB. biggrin_o.gif

This is a sad thing, because the BIS products have a very dedicated community.

Yeah, BIS has the worst PR department after KGB. biggrin_o.gif

This is a sad thing, because the BIS products have a very dedicated community.

The fact that Placebo left didn't help. sad_o.gif

What has BIS' PR and Placebo to do with the original post?

Stay on topic or this gonna be closed as fast as back in Placebo's time.

well, not Placebo's PR, but PR in general. Fans dont know what's going to happen anymore, and feel kind of depressed about it. Afaik, the release date of both ArmA and Game2 were posponed without anybody going into the details of why.

Another example, Bis said the modding tools for ArmA would be out in shorter time that they were for OFP, yet all I've seen is Texview, and man am I already getting tired of that. Due to the incredible lack of addons, allot of servers just "ban" all addons altogether to prevent cheaters, whilst this is understandable, it isn't really a good motivation for those people that have been creating a true tsunami of digitally camo'ed units smile_o.gif .

Thought that people weren't meant to post that info publicly? Although most of the community already know it anyway I suppose.

Thought that people weren't meant to post that info publicly? Although most of the community already know it anyway I suppose.

The logins been around for quite a while. The password was never leaked on the forums. Though clues were posted in a topic on the forum cant find it now ( cant be botherd to search )

Would be nice to see some ArmA Behind the scenes pictures in the fun page.

But yes nice to layout, amazing they actually updated it rofl.gif

Would be nice to see some ArmA Behind the scenes pictures in the fun page.

I like your thinking Blood wink_o.gif