Sign in to follow this  
Rambo-16AAB

Advance & Secure  Map night, 11th August 8pm UK

This Saterday night, 11th August at 8pm UK time we will be running a server populated the our second generation AAS beta maps.

All players are welcome, idiots are not.

Server will be Called:- 16AAB AAS Maps

AAS Maps, some basic info:-

AAS stands for advance & secure. Each map has a number of captural objectives for each team. Those objectives must be completed in sequence.

On maps with vehicles, take care of them. The more valuable a vehicle is to the war effort, the longer it takes to respawn. Use them wisely.

Each fully captured zone ( outer zone & command post ) becomes a selectable spawn point for your team.

Zones can only be captured by a superior attacking force at which point a Capture timer will start. The zone is captured if your team reamains dominent for the length of the timer. You can halt the timer by overpowering the team trying to capture it.

Maps end after a set time, or after one team holds all the Zones for the duration of the final count down which is started after the final zone & command post are captured.

How long will it run?

I would be interested in joining for some fun but am not sure if I can make your starting time.

thumbs-up.gif

The maps are set to work properly with join in progress and I'll leave the server running untill sometime on Sunday probabl, so any time after the start time.

Nice work Rambo. I remember you lads from the JO days. I'll encourage our guys to hop on your server this weekend.

AAS was an awsome game mode so im very curious to see how you guys have put it together in ArmA.

Its not identical to the JO one, its a more evolved version I think.

Than it can only be better smile_o.gif

I played only a tiny bit JO but if I did it was AAS with my brother and we had lots of fun with it.

Great work 16AAB, hopefully I can make it to join the fun smile_o.gif

got to try that AAS mode and maybe even make something similar on my own tounge2.gif or if i like your version so much i'll just stick to playing it to the bone wink_o.gif

Is there any way to get this mission? We do more realistic story-driven situations, but AAS would suit us fine too wink_o.gif

This isnt a single mission, we have many maps of varying sizes so far ( infantry focussed ones were more popular at the weekend ).

The map engine is still in BETA, although its now very very close to completion. Once were happy we have everything running the way its intended and optimised for quick load times we will be releasing a series of AAS map templates for map builders.

Untill then, after the fairly good night at the weekend, were planning on running the AAS server each weekend as its helping refine the map engine with more players playing it on the server. Those AAS maps also live in our Recruiting server on the database so you can play them at any time if you can get players to stop playing the Air Cav CoOp variations we have there.