Sign in to follow this  
plasman

DPM New Zealand Troops by Plasman

Kia ora

We have finally made the first New Zealand Army Mission "Domination NZDF". It uses DPM New Zealand Troops and is a conversion of Xeno's excellent mission Domination 2.21. It has proved to be very popular here in New Zealand and we run a dedicated server VMA#2 in Auckland New Zealand.

197.jpg

Hey Plasman

Australians at War mod have just released a New Zealand Defence Force Steyr. We were wondering if you could please replace the Vilas Steyrs and use the Australians at War version of the NZDF F88 steyrs.

262.jpg

New Zealand DPM Troops

Hi Plasman we have been wanting to use your addon on our servers in New Zealand. The problem is that the model appears to be overdetailed or have to higher polygon count. Would it be possible to get this improved so the troops run smoother on Arma with less framing.

Yes, I just read this post just then - I have a the same issue - I don't have a weak computer, but when I move past, or look at one of your Kiwis, I get a but laggy...

Are the textures too detailed or something like that?

Just my 2c, I know with the new Steyr pack, I'd love to be able to use your Kiwis smoothly!

Hi Stewey

We have been using the NZDPM Troops on our servers for some time now here in New Zealand. They seem very good in Multiplayer

and I may have been wrong about them being overdetailed. Because we found that it might be Vila's Steyrs (packaged within NZDF soldier's) that make your Framerate lagg. We found when we replaced all the troops with the New Aaw Steyrs F77 their was no framing.

263.jpg

Hey Plasman

Australians at War mod have just released a New Zealand Defence Force Steyr. We were wondering if you could please replace the Vilas Steyrs and use the Australians at War version of the NZDF F88 steyrs.

[/img]

Well I was thinking about it when I saw you released a new set of F88. What I also plan to do is to edit the flack vest as well when I have time. Does anybody has some good photographs of the flack vest used by the NZ Army (aside fm the NZArmy Website which I know already) ?

By popular demand Version 1.01 is now available.

There is no change on the uniforms' textures. I just modified the config to make my addon compatible with AAW's awesome SteyrF88 addon. You can consider this version as a place holder until I update the troops with improved textures, non interceptor flack vest and wound textures.

Release date : "when it's ready wink_o.gif"

Until then I hope you folks down under and elsewhere will enjoy the addon.

Download link:

http://files.filefront.com/NZ+DPM+....fo.html

Thanks for this Plasman your the best addon maker in the Arma commuinity. Once again the New Zealand Arma community is in your Debt. I have asked one of the chaps based at NZ Army base Waiouru to get some pictures of NZ DPM Flak Vest. This may help you but we kind of like the Vest you have at the moment.

Our Xmas wishlist for version 1.3

1)2 new units Engineer and Pilot with DPM Flak Jacket

2)Desert DPM with Green DPM Flak Jacket -all units SAS,Rifleman,Medic

3)Full Desert DPM units with Desert DPM Flak Jacket -all units SAS,Rifleman,Medic

133.jpg

Thanks for the mirror Big smile_o.gif

Thanks for the nice comments trinder1 xmas_o.gif

NZ troops in Desert DPM already exist HERE .I just need to adapt them to the AAW addon.

Just for info the forthcoming update (ETA still unknown, thanks your patience) will use the UKF Weapon Pack (so that the fighting kiwis get proper sniper rifles and MG) and of course the AAW F88 Steyr Pack.

Regarding the flack vest: fm the pictures I’ve seen it seems that your troops use big frontal/back plates on their vests (much like the French do).

WIP screenshots (click on the thumbnails to enlarge) :

nzriflemanay3.th.jpg

nzrifleman2ew6.th.jpg

WIP Screenshots NZ SAS:

(click on the thumbnails to enlarge the pictures)

nzsas01nw9.th.jpg

nzsas02pw7.th.jpg

Great stuff Plas! notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Can you do desert guys with black baseball caps? biggrin_o.gif

We have been using this addon for 6 months now and it has been awesome for the NZ Arma community. We are using this addon in conjunction with NZ Navy seasprite helicopter another classy addon. We wait in anticipation for the next release.