Sign in to follow this  
4 IN 1

minor hot fix for 1.08

i dont wanna spoil your fun but, lets make things complicated....

its a Hotfix Release Candidate

Well i asked Murray about this and he said that the readme was leftover from on older (RC) version - the readme´s and filenames from our servers are missing the RC.

i dont wanna spoil your fun but, lets make things complicated....

its a Hotfix Release Candidate

Well i asked Murray about this and he said that the readme was leftover from on older (RC) version - the readme´s and filenames from our servers are missing the RC.

so this is no longer true then they have made it an officialy stable release ?

mareks official statement

Well it seems I spoke too soon. Since I installed the hotfix I cant join MP games because as soon as I click multiplayer then click OK the game freezes, I cant get to the server lists.

Just my luck hotfix, fixes one thing then spoils another. help.gif

STRYKER555, that`s the onle problem you have noticed after the upgrade? Anybody noticed any others?

Well it seems I spoke too soon. Since I installed the hotfix I cant join MP games because as soon as I click multiplayer then click OK the game freezes, I cant get to the server lists.

well then reset your Firewall or whatever your security is, because when you installed the fix, it changed the .exe, SOOo your FW/AV/security needs to know its ok. Some ppl dont run there security so high as to cause this, but some do.

And so many whiners? The ladder bug was the worst bug from the 1.08... nice to see it is done. I can only hope the 1.09 will help ppl with there issues and get them to mellow out.

well then reset your Firewall or whatever your security is, because when you installed the fix, it changed the .exe, SOOo your FW/AV/security needs to know its ok. Some ppl dont run there security so high as to cause this, but some do.

And so many whiners? The ladder bug was the worst bug from the 1.08... nice to see it is done. I can only hope the 1.09 will help ppl with there issues and get them to mellow out.

True, Zone Alarm has a habit of doing this,i either disable it or put in game mode!

btw Mr Burns-nice sig! pistols.gif

Just to clarify, i'm not whining about this hotfix release. I would just like to know if it would be possible to have hotfixes in the future instead of waiting months for a 300mb patch. If BIS can release a hotfix with such a small amount of fixes it makes me wonder why they couldn't of released the last patch in 5 or 6 different smaller hotfixes, as and when the bugs were fixed.

Because it's better to have all together - tested and packed!

--------

Next ArmA-download are all tools?!! biggrin_o.gif

i dont have that prob...was able to join a server without any probs!

i think its nice that BIS shows that they are still working on it. biggrin_o.gif

they can bring out every week a hotfix till the Queens Gambit release.

The traffic lights are annoying as hell too...i cant believe that a tank cant drive over a traffic light tounge2.gif...can the traffic lights been hotfixed too please! smile_o.gif

Welll..... Haven't downloaded this yet, as I currently DONT get any securom problems...

But I DO get the ladder bug.

quote:

"installs animationHotFix.pbo and its signature"

Can I get these two files alone without the rest of the stuff?

I'd rather not risk the copy protection going fubar now it's all running ok...

Thanks a lot bro you saved me from a painful re installation of Arma and updates.

It was indeed my Zone Alarm that was blocking the game from going online.

Thanks very much!

notworthy.gifyay.gif

STRYKER555, that`s the onle problem you have noticed after the upgrade? Anybody noticed any others?

That was the only problem I noticed and its now fixed thanks to kklownboy's advice.

Nice, some fixes that really should've been done before hand.

But glad to see BIS workin on the problems.

notworthy.gif

I rarely even use ladders and i havent got any other securom bugs or anything like that, so i dunno whether i'll bother downloading this... It wont stop you accessing servers using the hotfix will it?

And for those moaning about the little amount of fixes, dont expect a patch for a while, i'd say maybe when the expansion comes out we'll get one now.. as its scheduled for september.. so another patch before that would be unlikely...

I hope we get better performance in the expansion!! thumbs-up.gif

Ciao

I rarely use ladders and I don't have Securom, so should I install this or not? Will the future patches require it?

Personally, a hotfix every now and then is fine, but I hope this doesn't replace the patches.

wait wait wait......wait.........wait...

2+ MONTHS to get... WHAT!?! 4 THINGS Fixed!?!

Only 800 people playing this game and they're worried about translations... :/ I'm more concerned about... oh I dont know.. the real bugs.

Well I guess 1.09 is 12 months off.

Where's my parashoot cutoff patch? I select 11 men to jump from a chopper and 9 of them die every time.

seems like they working on the Queen´s Gambit Expension and the Editing Tool at allmost full capacity, just imaging an impact like Resistance had some years ago. the remaining bugs aren't that important, as they don't really destroy the gameplay.

i would like to see the whole anim system changed to somethink more fluently and fast (flashpoint), to awaken the cqb comunity, but i know that i can dream on by now...

... every single fix is very appreciated !

since when did debuging is a easy 10 mins job?

Queen´s Gambit are not offically made by BI BTW, they are from the creator of Alpha Prime

Too minor for me.

If i were russian or if i had CP problems i would be very happy, its very important that everyone can play the game.

But im ok, the ladder bug doesnt happen all the time and if it happens i just climb one step up and use the "drop ladder" action from the action menu, thats good enough smile_o.gif .

But im ok, the ladder bug doesnt happen all the time and if it happens i just climb one step up and use the "drop ladder" action from the action menu, thats good enough smile_o.gif .

If you get the ladder bug then you can't climb one step up, since you are completely stuck. At least that's what I experienced.

Hi,

Is this hotfix compatable,

ie, will mission created for 1.08 run ok with the hotfix

and vice-versa (will missions created with the hotfix run on 1.08 versions)?

Arkon

I can't see why not. It's only fixing a minor aspect of functionality.