Sign in to follow this  
4 IN 1

minor hot fix for 1.08

to me it makes no sense.

i tought i was something better.. i guess not.

If they want to release a new patch, im all up to it. But this "nonses" hotfix.. please..

anyway, im glad bis is still active smile_o.gif

long time they didn't report news tounge2.gif

edit: @4 IN 1: i know what it means, you dont need to remind me what it means. IMO would make more sense if they fix the "oil in ladders" instead. Or maybe if the add the full destruction building... The copyright thing in a hot fix is just ... bah!

to me it makes no sense.

i tought i was something better.. i guess not.

If they want to release a new patch, im all up to it. But this "nonses" hotfix.. please..

anyway, im glad bis is still active smile_o.gif

long time they didn't report news  tounge2.gif

maybe you need learn what hotfix, in terms of english, really means? confused_o.gif

it sounds like it fixes the most irirating bug i ever had the stupid stuck on the ladder ting.

it sounds like it fixes the most irirating bug i ever had the stupid stuck on the ladder ting.

still installing, but should fix that, or atless i hope whistle.gif

there are better things to fix / work then a ladder thing. No offense!

there are better things to fix / work then a ladder thing. No offense!

yes we know, but what you are talking about is a patch, not a hotfix, and hotfix may/ may not fix those more improtant things, which sometime means a version update(patch)

They fix what they can fix. If someone at BIS realises what went wrong with 1.08 to cause this bug, why not fix it? It makes perfect sense to release a hotfix.

same for M$, take a look at your windows Add or Remove programs and see how many "hotfix" they pumped out

hmm, im supprised.

The 1.08 release is 2 month ago. I thought that hotfixes are supposed to be released few days after patch releases, when some major trouble has been found.

Anyway, nice to see that the ArmA development is still alive, but i don't hope that's all they've done the last 2 month.

I guess they are working on their expansion pack.

Nice. But are there any other changes mentioned in the readme? At least that damn ladder bug is fixed.

I just dont get it. I can understand the part of the hotfix being the securom issue, but the ladder bug. We've had to wait for months for the 1.08 patch which fixed alot of bugs, now instead of making us wait until the whole patch was ready, why couldn't they of released these hotfixs. I mean we were waiting on some bug fixs in the 1.08 patch for ages which IMHO were more serious than the ladder bug.... crazy_o.gif

Hi.

Description from www.armedassault.eu

Quote[/b] ]

Description:

ARMA UPDATE 1.08 HOTFIX

THIS IS NOT FULLY TESTED FINAL RELEASE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

CHANGELOG

=========

* FIX (COPYPROTECTION): Securom issue preventing game to launch on some computers

* FIX (ANIMATIONS): some problems with ladders introduced in 1.08 (stuck on ladders, problem when going from kneel or prone on a ladder), installs animationHotFix.pbo and its signature

* FIX (LOCALIZATION): mission M13 is localized to all languages

* FIX (RUSSIAN): several missing translations in russian version, UI.pbo is modified to prevent an error message displayed in Russian version of the game when entering Single mission directory

Cheers

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, nice to see that the ArmA development is still alive, but i don't hope that's all they've done the last 2 month.

I guess they are working on their expansion pack.

..and bugs, mod tools, trying to stay sane from all the ridiculously un constructive complaints etc.. smile_o.gif

i could think of many reason for this, but i think none of it would make sence for you

i dont wanna spoil your fun but, lets make things complicated....

its a Hotfix Release Candidate

*A hot fix is a single, cumulative package that includes one or more files that are used to address a problem in a software product (aka. a software bug). Typically, hotfixes are made to address a specific customer situation and may not be distributed outside the customer organization.

A hotfix package might contain several encompassed bug fixes raising the risk of possible regressions. An encompassed bug fix is a software bug fix which is not the main objective of a software patch but rather the side-effect of it.

* The term release candidate refers to a version with potential to be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this stage, the product features all designed functionalities and no known showstopper class bugs. At this phase the product is usually code complete.

banghead.gif

i dont wanna spoil your fun but, lets make things complicated....

its a Hotfix Release Candidate

*A hot fix is a single, cumulative package that includes one or more files that are used to address a problem in a software product (aka. a software bug). Typically, hotfixes are made to address a specific customer situation and may not be distributed outside the customer organization.

A hotfix package might contain several encompassed bug fixes raising the risk of possible regressions. An encompassed bug fix is a software bug fix which is not the main objective of a software patch but rather the side-effect of it.

* The term release candidate refers to a version with potential to be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this stage, the product features all designed functionalities and no known showstopper class bugs. At this phase the product is usually code complete.  

banghead.gif

if they get the point i wont needed to spend so much gas on the same subject over and over and over again for the past months banghead.gif

Hotfix, Patch, i couldnt care less.

Another bug bites the dust, thats whats important for me yay.gif

Good work BIS, but please speed up your bug fixing rate a bit tounge2.gif

What makes me kinda upset is the SecureRom fix. I had to buy a new DVD drive just to load the game!!! Why could they not release that DAY ONE?huh.gif?huh.gif?

mad_o.gif

? I never use them anyway, It's a good way to catch a bullet.

If you wanna release a fix how about fixing that awful parachute bug where you release from your parachute 20-50 feet above the ground. banghead.gif

That would make it worth my time to actually install the fix.

Well it's nice to get a Hotfix Release Candidate. Thank You BIS.

I don't get what is wrong with the people who complain about getting only a small Hotfix? And that you got it now but not on day one? Do you want a huge multi-gigabyte patch instead? This Hotfix, it was fast to download and fast to install. Probably the people who have had some Securom problems are very happy now. I am happy for them if this Hotfix fixes their problem. I can take this Hotfix too, as I see it should fix the 'stuck on ladders' bug which I encountered a couple of times.

Anyways, happy Monday evening for all of you, sun is shining here and I hope it shines for you too.

I dont have the ladder bug.do i have to install the hotfix?

Nice one the ladder thing was bugging the shit outa me.

Cheers Bis .