Sign in to follow this  
ArMoGaDoN

Servers that use VoN in-game Voice

My original post on this was probably lost as it was off-topic for the thread, so posting here in it's own relevant topic.

There's no way to filter in-game based on this, so I'd like to start a list up to let folks know which servers actually leave VoN enabled.

So far I haven't found even one yet..

If I find any then I'll list em here - and please if anyone knows of or stumbles across any VoN-enabled servers, add your knowledge to the list below, thanks.

yay.gif we have it [DBDUK] enabled and the volume is turned up!

but it is fair to say we are still testing it.

Ip: 193.47.83.230

Port: 2307

Alot of servers dont you voip becuse you can spam it and cant see who is doing it. so we use team speak downlaod it at www.goteamspeak.com

Rgr that, but I do have teamspeak, just I get better FPS with hardware sound (on-board), but Teamspeak conflicts with ArmA in that hardware mode. Hence my thoughts regarding VoN. It'd be great to play with better FPS, and with MORE people actually bothering to use voice comms.

Teamspeak seems an uphill struggle at many times as most players don't bother connecting, thus team coordination becomes an almost impossible dream.

I think that VoN could give a decent way now for most players to be able to communicate anyway.

Codeskywolf inside system.armaprofile this is what we have:

volumeSpeech=7;

singleVoice=1;

playerVoice=1;

When some one broadcasts there name comes up so if there spamming easily sorted.

edit; one thing i have noticed though is sometimes when ppl are using it there comm's stay open even had it at my end I haft to tap the broadcast key a couple of times sort of like the key is sticking but it ain't.

The only way of detecting who's transmitting is if they are 9th or higher in the scores. If they are transmitting then their name flashes.