Sign in to follow this  
Tijai

TK Global Banlist

What exactly has photoshop got to do with the Banlist huh.gif

ID's are submitted by admins who are on the game server, not by submitted screen shots by any tom dick & harry.

What if someone accidently kills a admin in a game via team kill. And doesnt say sorry. Gets kicked and banned then he adds the IP to that list rofl.gif

That guys pretty screwed tounge2.gif

What exactly has photoshop got to do with the Banlist huh.gif

ID's are submitted by admins who are on the  game server, not by  submitted screen shots by any tom dick & harry.

and do they submit real proof of the people in question, so everyone can see it for themselves? or do we just take their word for it?

Admins on a game server doesnt mean anything towards a banlist unless they can back up their claims.

We tend to play in servers that apply to see if the admins are mature or not before letting them do anything with the banlist

That doesnt really answer my question.

I dont care weither you or anyone else thinks they are mature admins.

I need proof. Not someones word.

So do they supply proof, or you just take their word because you trust them and think they are mature?

I only see 2 servers listed when I look on the site, dont know if theres actually more or not, but still. Public banlists require proof.

and if they do supply proof, it needs to be available to the public as well....

The admins for a particular server are responsible for any ID's they submit to it. The website provides the mechanism but we at the site dont require photiographic or video evedence, we just ask they follow the basic guidelines. If they keep pics or vids thats entirely up to them.

As for the number of servers, there are more than 2, but the others have chosen not to make there identities public, probably incase they get an influx of idiots onto there server.

Stats.swec is proff what mroe do you need then a full server and one player with negitive -35 score?

yah and i know a gbl admin who lies.

GBL + a more secure ID mechanism is a more workable and fair answer to the problems than some alternative's I've read on here re: banning a massive range of IP addresses. The GBL doesn't ban folks for ever, is it a month if I remember correctly? Think I read that the GBL doesn't ban on just one TK incident? The GBL is for persistent idiots.

I still want to see the ID mechanism securely fixed and the allow-list implemented though as an additional measure.

No I wont play in there, atleast the ones I know of, but since you have hidden rooms on the GBL, I cant know which those are.

Making a banlist based on peoples words, is just not reasonable IMO. I cant understand how anyone could support that. Im not willing to just take anyones word for anything, especially not over the internet in a game.

Stats.swec system is way better. Atleast it has more then just someones word. Id say its not perfect, but its a damn shy better then just someones word.

Yes, the IDs need to be fixed, and alot of other anti-cheat measures need to be put in the game. If that means contracting a Anti-cheat software developer like PB, then so be it.

Because of the way the game assigns a team kill.

A pilot with a copper full of troops, the choper gets rammed by an idiot in a truck on the ground, everyone dies and the TK is associated to the pilot by the game engine, not the idiot driving the truck.

Jerry hopper is working on his passport system. a Allow list and a collection of fake cd-keys anything 10+