Sign in to follow this  
Flat!!!

Mi-17 (RACS) 0.5B

After a lot of people complaining about the lack of "good" choppers on the Independent side the BOS team decided to add a Mi-17 to the RACS.

mi17gl6.jpg

Currently Only the outside is complete and we have not started on the inside but it should come soon. We are also planing on giving RACS a Ka-50, D-30 (Static canon) and a M2 .50 cal (mounted) To make RACS stronger...

Tell me what you think icon_rolleyes.gif

Links:

FileFront:http://files.filefront.com//;8236525;;/

Armholic:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1795

For the next version which might take a while as we are busy with other stuff for you.

- Re-skinned interior for Mi-17

- Ka-50

- D-30

- M2 .50 cal

Have a nice one smile_o.gif

Nice job on the Hip, but I really don't think the KA-50 is a good choice for a small force like the RACS.

Quote[/b] ]Nice job on the Hip, but I really don't think the KA-50 is a good choice for a small force like the RACS.

Well we have not totally decided if we should have that one with or not... But we will see and take your opinion into consideration.

Based on the default equipment, I dont see the RACS using Russian stuff at all.

More like desert camo UH60s and hummers if you wanted to upgrade them.

Hmmm... I always thought of the vehicles the RACS use as more kind of old Russian stuff... well what do you think of the textures?

Quote[/b] ]a reskinned Cobra might be a better choice.

Ya that too...just use the RACS camo.  thumbs-up.gif

RACS use US equipment or Western Europe...The SLA use the older Russian stuff

First let me applaud a beautifully done job on that helo!!!! notworthy.gif

I am wondering what you think of maybe doing a Huey (UH-1) for RACS? I figure the Huey would be the most realistic option for a RACS helo. This makes sense if you look at the other equipment RACS operates such as the M-113. I think US military aid to a force like RACS would be the same as for other small countries. The Huey is provided to just about every country the USA helps militarily.

I think the RACS would pretty much stick to a western based table of equipment. Which would make spare parts, training, etc. much easier. Sorry I don't seem to be able to make a good argument today. So I hope you understand what I'm saying. biggrin_o.gif

Anyhow, once again I love what you've done with that helo!

Have nice day,

a300mech

To be able to make a Huey we need a modeler which of we have a lack in the ArmA community. But I agree Huey seems like if it where a good choice. If we get a modeler than maybe...

the mi-17 is one of the most widely used transport choppers in the world. its older brother the mi-8 is used in over 50 countries and the mi-17 is used in over 20, there is much more reason for the royal army to have one then not to have one. also, another army to the north, i believe it is something like the Sahrani liberation army, oh ya, they fly mi-17's

looks very impressive in a non-overthetop way. great work.

Quote[/b] ]the mi-17 is one of the most widely used transport choppers in the world. its older brother the mi-8 is used in over 50 countries and the mi-17 is used in over 20, there is much more reason for the royal army to have one then not to have one. also, another army to the north, i believe it is something like the Sahrani liberation army, oh ya, they fly mi-17's

Thanks Jaronimo...

@Twisted. What does it need to go over the top? tounge2.gif

It's a nice repaint, but I don't think it is in-character of the RACS. I would see them operating like CH-34's or UH-1's or something before they bought commie choppers. I do think it is more realistic of them to have an Mi-8/17 than a UH-60 or AH-1Z though.

Quote[/b] ] I do think it is more realistic of them to have an Mi-8/17 than a UH-60 or AH-1Z though.

They use M16s, M240's, M113s and Vulcans...as well as non Russian Landrovers and G36's. So there is an obvious US backing (considering they are being trained by the US to defend themselves against the North)

The South have no eastern equipment/gear whatsoever in the game as yet.

You dont see it being realistic to use western equipment?

um ok.

I see anything Eastern as being captured and used...thats about all.

Uh's are too expensiv to toss for othercountries. and racs is too poor to buy eny ...

so they capture some SLA

I don't think that Mi8s and 17s are unrealistic. I'm sure I've seen them used in Afghanistan in support of US operations there. Something about them being more suitable for 'hot and high' ops.

I don't think the RAC should be upgraded at all. hey are meant to be supported by the US, they are the power behind the RACs.

Good work on the choppe though. If you have to give the RACs anything, i would suggest a tank.

Great looking model pal.

I look forward to the completed version but this is nice till then.

*Opinion mode on* While RACS is obviously an ally of the western world and would likely tend to have mainly western equipment, I would suppose RACS might have any number of different choppers and equipment in their inventory. A lot of third world countries do. *Opinion mode off* smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] I do think it is more realistic of them to have an Mi-8/17 than a UH-60 or AH-1Z though.

They use M16s, M240's, M113s and Vulcans...as well as non Russian Landrovers and G36's. So there is an obvious US backing (considering they are being trained by the US to defend themselves against the North)

The South have no eastern equipment/gear whatsoever in the game as yet.

You dont see it being realistic to use western equipment?

um ok.

I see anything Eastern as being captured and used...thats about all.

Many less well of Western aligned countries use the Mi-8/17, and thats before you take into account all the former Communist NATO members. Countries like Hungary, Germany and Poland are donating or selling their old Russian stuff to smaller countries to build up their forces.

Keep up good work! Waiting for the inside and final version.

I think a "mixture" of arms from US/SLA would be better for the RACS. Not the newest weapons and systems... instead of Ka-50 the Mi-24 smile_o.gif

@ch_123

Quote[/b] ]Countries like Hungary, Germany and Poland are donating or selling their old Russian stuff to smaller countries to build up their forces.

Do you believe in such hearsay?

Germany has sold stuff to Greece, Poland and Sweden amongst other places. Hungary has either given or sold tanks and APCs to Iraq. Im pretty sure Poland has done the same, though Im not 100% sure.

EDIT: Google is your friend:

Germany

Hungary

"sold... to build up their forces." thats hearsay!

Old russian equipment "cross-selling" in NATO no deal. wink_o.gif

But lets get on topic. What would you prefer for RACS?

"sold... to build up their forces." thats hearsay!

Old russian equipment "cross-selling" in NATO no deal. wink_o.gif

But lets get on topic. What would you prefer for RACS?

It isn't hearsay at all. That is exactly what happens. Besides, Mi8s are being marketed by Russian companies as private luxury choppers now, fitted out with leather interiors, etc. Pretty nice for about $3.5mil.

The other option is to pick a type sitting at AMARC in quantity at the moment. There aren't many UH-1s, but there are a few UH-3Hs.

You can give them whatever you want I guess but Russian equipment doesnt fit with the original game theme for any of the South Sahrahni classes (weapons/cars/armour/air)

Myself, Ill wait to see new models instead of retexes for the sake of retexes.