Sign in to follow this  
jammydodger

German NH90 Tactical Transport Heli

German-NH90-Heli_s.jpg

Bigmike from our forums has been in touch with us (Armed Assault Zone) to let us know about his new German NH90 Tactical Transport Helicopter converted from Operation Flashpoint made by AfrographX.

download HERE from Armed Assault Zone

(AfrographX has now given permission for bigmike to release the addon)

Could you maybe ask mike if the original author has given his permission for this port? There is no readme but the rar file states the original owner only.

I think before you can port other peoples models something more needs to be done.

I dont want to sound like an *&^% but we all know how it works. wink_o.gif

I hope you understand.

Anyway thanks a lot!

The NH90 must be the sexiest transport helo ever build.

Hi Foxhound, yeah bigmike has told me that he contacts all authors before he release the work, I do agree that he should have included a readme tho to give credit, I shall contact him now and see if we can amend the file to include 1.

Cheers

Checked my pms on this forum and my email account and I haven't received a message from a person called bigmike nor have I received any requests from other persons asking to port the NH90.

I've no problem with other people editing my addons as long as they at least ask me and give proper credit.

You don't have to take down the download since I'd be too lazy to port the thing myself but bigmike will hopefully remember that there are certain rules of how to treat each other in this community. Addonmakers are not getting any money and paying a little respect is the least thing one could do.

Checked my pms on this forum and my email account and I haven't received a message from a person called bigmike nor have I received any requests from other persons asking to port the NH90.

I've no problem with other people editing my addons as long as they at least ask me and give proper credit.

You don't have to take down the download since I'd be too lazy to port the thing myself but bigmike will hopefully remember that there are certain rules of how to treat each other in this community. Addonmakers are not getting any money and paying a little respect is the least thing one could do.

hmmm, im very sorry about this AfrographX, I have removed the download link and am going to see what bigmike has to say about this now.

How may they do that ?? I don't understand huh.gif

This is a great chopper - and believe me - I'm the first fan of new content - however there are some issues...

Loading brings up "cannot load texture ca\air\data\jeep_kab_sklo1.paa"

The rear rotor is translucent

The main rotor wobbles like crazy - in RL I think it would fall off!

The seating positions are off and the soldiers' feet goes through the floor in the rear cabin...

But otherwise, a great idea - I think (most respectfully) that it needs a bit of work to be ArmA ready smile_o.gif

Believe me - I don't mean to nit-pick (I love das BW! (I'm 1/4 German)), but it needs some polish - IMHO wink_o.gif

***EDIT - Just read the above posts - deleting from addons***

Ok guys, bigmike has been intouch with AfrographX and he has given him the nod to release the addon.

so the download is back up with the readme giving credit to AfrographX for the original work.

Bigmike apologizes and says it wont happen again.

So Bigmike took only AfrographX OFP NH90 converted it and then told in Armed Assault Zone forums he had made a "new" helicopter?? No readme no credits??

Strange behaviour confused_o.gif

@jammydodger next time take a look in packed files!

Quote[/b] ]Checked my pms on this forum and my email account and I haven't received a message from a person called bigmike nor have I received any requests from other persons asking to port the NH90.
Quote[/b] ]Ok guys, bigmike has been intouch with AfrographX and he has given him the nod to release the addon.

...erm you have to know it huh.gif

NoRailgunner bigmike did give AfrographX credit in the post and he didnt say he created it himself so stop trying to make him look bad, he knows he messed up and has apologized for it, he's talked with AfrographX now and everything is cool so can we leave it at that please.

Whilst trying to avoid any dwelling on this accident/mess, I would like to point out that 2 bad things happened here one is highlighted and the other which is equally as important is that bigmike used AFR_ tag in this release , in order for that tag system to work it is imperative that people do not duplicate the tags of other addonmakers weather they have been given permission to use the models or not. (regardless of how the tag is used within the config).

my two cents

Thanks for clearing this up jammydodger thumbs-up.gif

This is really is a very nice chopper, impressive work from the original creator smile_o.gif

Hi, pimp chopper, looks good, flys good, sound good... but have

bugs; i get this message when i put this chopper in the editor:

"cannot load texture ca\air\data_jeep_kab_sklo1.paa." .

It don't opens the side door/doors, the units in the cargo clip through

the seats, helo walls, and helo floor. No damaged model or textures,

The Main rotor texture, is too pixelated when the rotor is spinning,

it don't holds the wheels in flyight, the artificical orizont is so dark

that can be hardly seen; at certain day times and weather conditions,

the sight turns weird, all the colours look really really bad, burned

and unrecognizable (maybe a thing of the ArmA itself). One thing

that i like is how hard it's to shot down, i wish that all the helos

where as thougt as this NH90 so you'll not be scared of the

rocks that the VC's could throw at you, you spitt to a BIS UH60...

& it gonna fall down for sure. THe model look good and the textures

too, i guess that still WIP... a pack with swedish NH90's, and

some euro camo version will be pimp, all with a damaged model.

Also, the 12.70 or 7.62 bullets don't pierce the front glass or

windows glasses. I like this chopper. Let's C ya

cfg overwriting BIS base classes and TONS of rpt errors. Sorry but il use the Addon when its clean.

I remember the Cougar chopper I got from Armaholic. Looks like beta, it doesn't even have damage/destroyed texture/model. Does this one?

Nice to see some German stuff in the game, even if there may be a few config problems from what I read. Anyone know what BWMOD is doing these days?

I have to say this also. On a server,

"[FR]-Mapfact-RHS-Bushwar-NH90-CHopperAddons Server"

was

"CO 44 AirCavOnslaughtII(chopperADDONS)"

We were asked only two days ago about re-making the old version of Onslaught that had the Apache in it - and it was promised that a new version complete with all decent air addons would be forthcoming in the near future.

The code to handle the Apache respawn is still in the respawn script - LUCKILY FOR THE RIP GUY, else he woulda had some nasty surprises on respawn, and ended up getting the map a bad name...

I don't appreciate folks ripping other's hard work in this way - it only takes a few seconds to ask for gods sake.  I have no problem with folks dissecting maps, and re-using stuff to make their own maps - this is how we all learned after all.

You want a mission with your new addon? Either host privately if you are tempted to rip something, or go make your own and get YOUR creative juices flowing huh?

This was, btw, how I found out that there is a new RH90 addon in the first place, looking to determine why I couldn't join....

More on-topic now - the ArmA.RPT is FULL of spam error messages, some look like they are to do with stuff that should have nothing to do with this kind of addon / port.

This is an addon to give a wide berth to, at least until it's fixed and fit for release - a job better done by the author I'd imagine...

NH90 looks beautiful.  I also get the wobbling main rotors/tail rotors (funny to look at).  IMO the sound is the wrong one for the NH90 but that's me.  Fix those minor things and it will be awesome.

Gd Mast

From someone who hasn't made a release just yet this may sound off, but I gotta say that while it looks pretty sitting doing nothing ..... this is a bad conversion

Errors, transparent textures, no instruments, holes in views, wobbly rotor .....

..... yes, I loved the OFP version.

Come on guys - it's probably his first.

And I'm gratefull for not having to look at Blackhaws 24/7 anymore.

Besides - great attitude to say words like "shit" to comment on something someone gave you for free....

Gnat @ Aug. 06 2007,15:57)]From someone who hasn't made a release just yet this may sound off, but I gotta say that while it looks pretty sitting doing nothing ..... this is a shit conversion

Errors, transparent textures, no instruments, holes in views, wobbly rotor .....

..... yes, I loved the OFP version.

Whilst I agree it's not the best conversion and still needs work there is such a thing as constructive criticism.

Other people have pointed it's faults out somewhat more politely.

Ok ok, replaced with "bad".

Bigmike only had to ask the community a few questions on how to solve these problems before trying this.

I guess Im annoyed because its a beautiful model.

Placing the word "alpha" very plainly anywhere might have help the pain.