Sign in to follow this  

My arma Multiplayer Rant

arma voteing

Well so many times i have gone in to a server with no admin a cheater or tker comes in "i normal paly c&h or Ctf maps" anyways and im like err no admin great! so i copy and paste #vote admin bla bla. and 10min later i might get admin. That is if Vote is enabled on the server. WTH no voteing or 50% voteing?!? why run a server and go afk and then shut off voteing i can understand it on a evo server but c&h maps you are jsut asking for tkers to come in and have thare idiotic fun Why!!! a voted admin cant shutdown a server or ban he/she can kick and change maps. and why is it people wont vote for a admin is it all the idots out thare who cant evan type? im not power hungry i dont like to be a admin it takes away from my gameply you have to watch text all the time it seams like people onley do that when a player gets tked and wants to figure out who did it. do do players not know how to type in game?

why do two people play on a evo server by them selfs to start up the? why cant people go to a populated server is it becuse thay are anti-social or dont want to louse thare score? or is it becise thay are haveing fun destroying thare own base.

oh my ping! oh youre a hacker evryone els hacks and cheats cant a player be good? cant a 100mbit in the usa server host youre dsl line if you are in egland yes!!! fact is bandwith is what counds and if you have crap bandwith in-game you will lag the whole server out.

Im realy sick of evryone calling each other names and acting like 12 year old adolesent kids. just becuse you are around them alot does not mean you have to copy it. i guess it is the entire multiplayer Clicks that make you do it. crap i dont have a life so my clan are my friends but you can call me loser. i dont care.

Wasint this game Rated Mature 17+ age i know in euro and other countrys the Game rateings dont realy exsist idk how it works but im sick of seeing when i play u f+g you a hackers youre a noob.

Look i know most people hate helping noobs but it has to be done becuse the Game Publishers are to cheap to print a good manual.

Add to the comunity Feed it let it grow like it did with OFP dont add to its downfall and belive me it is not arma has been out for 6mo now and we have more them 50mb in user missions about 1TB of user addons & Total conversion mods. and we have 2 free expantion packs comeing out and one we are going to have to buy.

so lets shape people up and try to be mature

goodnight.gif

2 free expantion packs comeing out and one we are going to have to buy.

Two?

2 free expantion packs comeing out and one we are going to have to buy.

Two?

and free?

Cold war Rearmed is and Resistance Rearmed its the ofp convertd its being made by the arma Comunity under the control of bis offical release around December xmas_o.gif  whistle.gif and them Bis project that will fall 6-9mo after that yah Indpendent is geting a major overhall. thats the expantion pack that will cost yumm leopard & winter/woodland area

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Cold_War_Rearmed

thay cant sell the ofp addons stuff becuse it belongs to Codemasters. so the comunity is makeing it jsut to be extra safe.

Cold war Rearmed is and Resistance Rearmed its the ofp convertd its being made by the arma Comunity under the control of bis offical release around December xmas_o.gif ?whistle.gif and them Bis project that will fall 6-9mo after that yah Indpendent is geting a major overhall. thats the expantion pack that will cost yumm leopard & winter/woodland area

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Cold_War_Rearmed

thay cant sell the ofp addons stuff becuse it belongs to Codemasters. so the comunity is makeing it jsut to be extra safe.

do ya have any more sources of info for these

Is there any reason why the ban.txt needs to be edited manually?

I thought that the #exec ban 0000000 would do the job now as the ban.txt is no longer locked, but it has never worked whenever I've tried to use it, as a #login logged on admin.

Is there some setting elsewhere to enable this to work?

WarWolf @ Aug. 05 2007,19:44)]Is there any reason why the ban.txt needs to be edited manually?

I thought that the #exec ban 0000000 would do the job now as the ban.txt is no longer locked, but it has never worked whenever I've tried to use it, as a #login logged on admin.

Is there some setting elsewhere to enable this to work?

it works for me

u just need to use the server number of the player instead of his ID.

so use #userlist or P for finding out the server number of the player you wanna ban and then use this server number for the #exec ban ...

BIS need to make the multiplayer like BF2's but they wont, as there too busy adding 1 car per patch and useless crap when theres a game still needing finished. if im wrong it would be nice to hear some input from bis as to what there actually doing

Its great news there is going to be OFP missiong in ArmA, I haven't got time to finish all OFP missions yet. Language in multiplayer is bad becouse majority of players are youngsters whos every other word is beginning with f, but that doesn't bother me so much as cheaters and hackers who are ruining almost every game. I think TKers are only frustrated players who can't play properly or hit anything, so they like to choose easier targets, but this is only a game and don't let them ruin the whole fun, you could also play only in well administered servers.

I feel your pain man. Luckily when i got into servers im usually with 4 or so lads from IC and so we just vote one person in as admin and the whole server seems to go along with it. But i have to agree there is a terrible TK'ing problem and maturity problem.

9/10 if a person is tk'd by ACCIDENT the reply from that person would usually be "You f**king n00b man your a a$$hole" etc etc. Its actually worse then CS:S YES WORSE THEN CS:S!

Personally if i ever tk someone it's usually by accident and i say sorry in global chat but even when i do that i usually get a very harsh reply bar the odd time where the person replies "Its okay"

So to ALL Arma players "Grow up please lets no all be dumb founded 9 year olds and enjoy the game!"

Hi all,

sometimes i think, there was "zero tolerance" to the most of players. i read more and more childish (maybe they are childs?) statements in the chats if somebody makes a "tactical mistake" (or somebody thinks he has allways the best tactical resolution. I.e. "dont use the coaxialmachinegun of a t-72 agains infantry, it is not fair and you shall come out and fight like a man...or i put you into a ban list"). Or even if you write a "sry" after a teamkill (yes, me too, it happend sometimes in some cicumstances and im sorry about that, really) you can read all your "new names" and statements about our mother (my mom dont play Arma!? :O) ) in the chat (i know, exeptions are outside at the servers, but i have met/read only a few) and if you make the mistake to write a polite "pls watch your language" as answer (childs need frontiers) you get more nice "names". hope Arma and the MP-missions will get more complex (like RTS-4) and only the "real" wargamers (and the errors they made, must be tolerated, this is life) stay here. see you on the battlefield.  smile_o.gif

If you're noticing that you're getting told off for TKing a lot.... look at your playing style.

TKs should be a rare event. You shouldn't be shooting at something if you aren't sure what it is.

If you're noticing a lot of childish behaviour see if you can find a better server, which is admined or has admins available. The problematic type of player tend to favour the more arcadey missions and servers.

Hmm, from what I can see, ArmA public gaming seems to be indeed cursed somehow. I don't know if it was the same in OFP that early, because I played only SP the first 3+ years until I started the Gamespy for the first time.

Hi all,

hope Arma and the MP-missions will get more complex (like RTS-4) and only the "real" wargamers (and the errors they made, must be tolerated, this is life) stay here.

Now that you mentioned RTS-4, we tried it yesterday and planned to play a private 2vs2. Later in game when we realized it'd be nice to have more players on the battlefield, I asked the admin to unlock the server so more can join.

Soon a new player connected and slotted to my side. Although he didn't even say 'Hi' I ordered him a M1A2 as welcome present. His first action was running straight to our MHQ-Truck and destroying it. With allies like that...

"Ok, so much for public gaming, admin".

I mean, come on. I understand there are nice players and not so nice among them. But if even one single guest can't behave I don't want to meet his buddies... crazy_o.gif

Ok, back to private and locked servers. (Which is a bit sad, because many mission seem to be even funnier with more players.)