Sign in to follow this  

Arma Hall Of Shame

_ALLAH_AKBAR_ - Don't waste yours or our time creating new accounts, after your first one was blocked. They'll just be blocked as well...

Moderators have permently banned CodeSkyWolf, the author of this thread because they believe he is connected to some kind of warez clan (or something like that). Funny how he is accused of that when he is the same guy trying to beat that kind of crap?

He won't be able to update this thread anymore i'm afraid.

he deserved it he's a cunt face

Heres a couple of morons currently hacking the FullContactWar server

|usmc|b.18m|dave|e-2|

ID 5294342

ar332

ID 2306152311

he deserved it he's a cunt face

That was quite uncalled for, Chipper: +1WL, plus 2 days off

ok lets get something useful out of this whole ID thing.

True like you say some admins may ban people for there own devices and get them added to a banlist when its not deserved.  Others may not take great care in what they are doing and ban for wrong reasons ie pilot in chopper crash etc HOWEVER.......

There are quite a few well admined and respected servers out there.

If the admins of these, and other servers were all to make there banlists gvisible by the general public then it would be upto admins to pick and choose banlists they TRUST.

So for instance imagine I play on 3 different well populated servers, thay all have submitted their banlist. Out of these 5 I know of 2 who have good consistent mature admins, then I would 'copy' their banlists and add them to my own.

that way its down to the server administrators to choose which other admins they trust.

sooner or later this would sort the wheat from the chaff.

I would be very happy to use the banlists from certain populated, well admined servers on our own server.

As far as I can see all we need is someone to start the ball rolling with their banlist.

They could also add what thay ban for eg consistent TKs, hack obviously but some mey have other bans such as admin abuse (voted admin messing up games)

If others add to the same thread then we might have a very useful repositry there for the community.

At the moment Its not worth me adding ours as there have only been 3 bans but I'm sure some of you must have a list as long as your arms.

If you think your banlist has been matureley and consistently updated, and you would like to see your list reaching further into the community of those who love the game, then post it, other admins who trust your judgemnent will use it.

Maybe a simple template like this on each post :

server: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

IP: ? ? ?

Ban reasons: TKs, Hacks, Admin abuse

Banlist:

? ? ? ?

? ? ? ?

? ? ? ?

? ? ?

? ? ? ?

? ? ? ?

here is everyone on my ban list that was banned just yesterday! All of these are Fake IDs, and/or comfirmed hacker, thanks to check file:)

*edit* taken off

Proof please for each one....................

This community is the most rediculous as towards banning, people make ban lists and offer of IDs or names to ban with no proof at all. Pathetic. All you need is one admin, hell not even an admin (its not like anyone asks proof of weither they even admin a server here), to lie or be mistaken and get innocent players banned.

I cant believe its allowed here, on the offical forums of all places.

None of the things Ive seen on here, would make it onto a real anti-cheat communities banlist, nor would they be allowed to make accusations with names/IDs without proof.

The names/IDs would instantly be removed and thread locked.

THIS is doing as much damage to the game as the cheaters are.

Prove that comment please. How many banned people are coming here saying "you banned me! I was just having a bad day you @#@$*"?

Not many.

That leads me to belive they don't want to show their faces because they know what their up to. Will accidents happen? You bet. Does the community forgive and give second chances? You bet.

This system helps.

All of the 10 and 5 digit ids are bad keys, and the 6-9 have been lifted after the players has posted on my forums, and has past a checkfile for all of the core files. But All of the 10+ and 5- are banned currently. When I jump on my server its hard to jot down every name with a bad key cause there are so many of the low lifes that do not want to go purchase the game like the most of us.

On a Be On the look out for a players by the name of

Alex~ while this player was on the server he/she was the only one in a MI-17 and was dropping Civilian Cars and Enemy AI on the Berzerk map, Once i gave this player a kick( hoping the server wouldnt crash everything went back to normal

And Shark14167 was just banned for Racisium for TKing with a negitive score of -35 and up and telling everyone thay "they were a bunch of dirty N$Q@#%@$#"

http://stats.swec.se/game/data/685405

http://stats.swec.se/game/data/685831

there is a bunch more with shark too

I run a clean server and as soon as any of these lil BF2 whining brats jump on and try to pull the same antics/hack/racisum/ Mass Tking/ even fake copies of the game they are delt with immediatly.

Prove that comment please.  How many banned people are coming here saying "you banned me!  I was just having a bad day you @#@$*"?

Not many.

That leads me to belive they don't want to show their faces because they know what their up to.  Will accidents happen? You bet.  Does the community forgive and give second chances? You bet.

This system helps.

Logic proves it......

How many know where to go once banned? or maybe they dont want to deal with it and just find another server instead.

What system?

I see no system.

I see people offering up IDs of people THEY SAY did so and so.....Which means absolutly nothing. Accusations without proof are meaningless.

I could come here and say you cheated, put up your name and ID, what are you going to say about it? Well I didnt cheat, then I say, well thats what they all say cheater.....

How can you prove your not a cheater/ect., if someone doesnt have to prove YOU ARE!!!!!

I know IVE been banned from a server, for informing the admin about a cheater no less. The cheater, turns it around on me after I exposed him, so I get banned too.

O well, how nice, maybe my IDs on someones ban list.

But Im not going to do anything about it, not going to waste my time with it. Theres nothing to do about it anyways, people get banned in this game on nothing but someones WORD.

Chaos no one if forced to add any IDs to their ban list, including those in this thread I don't see what's the big problem. Personaly I dont mind banning fake ID's as they didnt buy the game and many if not the majority are doing BS on the servers.

I think you're over reacting. I doubt server admins go to every "this guy hacks" thread and ban everyone just like that without any kind of proof. If some are well that's too bad I guess I won't miss playing on a bad admined server anyway.

Last thing... No offense but I can easily imagine, reading your posts, that your attitude might have played in getting you banned once that cheater tried to make it look like you were the guy cheating.

@ o.Chaos & Hyrax

Your both missing my point completeley.

As I said If there are servers whos admins you RESPECT to make the right decision then you would use their banlists only.

No one is going to take a list just posted on the website and use it, but if that list has backing from respected server admins or squads then why not.

I would not use one from just any list but if say someone from a respected server put theres up there then I definateley would.

Its the server admins choice how they want to run the server, and if they choose to ban from a list that may be dubious then that is their problem as they will lose decent players.

Remember this is a choice, no-one is saying any of these lists have to be used, but posted lists from respected servers would get used by others and really help to weadle the loneleyboys out of the community, or at least of the popular servers.

I for one am willing to do this as soon as some RESPECTED servers post the lists.

I know who I TRUST and others I wouldnt touch with a bargepole, but thats my decision no-one elses.

The sooner this starts the sooner it all gets sorted.

I have nothing to hide, and in the future would know people using our server havent either.

Server admins will always make mistakes and ban a couple of people who maybe dont deserve it but its a small price to pay to keep the hoards of TKers and hackers off your server.

They arent forced to add them, but they may add them just because someone put them here or wherever making claims about them.

Nothing wrong with banning fake IDs, the IDs in themselves are the proof.

Im not over reacting, people here are under reacting.

Their making public banlists without any proof to back up their claims. Might as well call them the innocent players banlist, since none of them are cheater/tker/whatever untill you prove they are.

and theres nothing wrong with my attitude, I didnt say or do anything wrong to get banned. Just because he said I was, thats all it took.

Theres alot of poor quality admins in this game. Then combined with players able to vote themselves admins, even worse.

If you all want to be serious about doing something about cheaters/griefers by making banlists, you better be professional about how you do it. That means you setup a system to provide proof for all your bans.

I'll continue to criticize all them untill they do, because its not right. They are publicly puting up peoples information, making accusations without proof, and potentially getting innocent players banned from MULTIPLE servers.

Quote[/b] ]Server admins will always make mistakes and ban a couple of people who maybe dont deserve it but its a small price to pay to keep the hoards of TKers and hackers off your server.

This isnt acceptable in my eyes.

Letting a few tkers and hackers go untill the next time when you can prove it is far more acceptable then banning innocent players.

and its fine if you respect and trust another server and use their banlist but that should be done privately, these shouldnt be public banlists if they dont provide proof.

Letting a few tkers and hackers go untill the next time when you can prove it is far more acceptable then banning innocent players.

First off I never mentioned anything about your attitude so please do not try to discredit me or my ideas by trying to make out this is so.

I will answer matureley and hope that you see your opinions will read better if you do the same.

Its the issue we need to keep perspective on so no character assassination please.

Your quote does not seam to read correct.

Its not a few TKers of Hackers, its alot of them that would be removed by publishing banlists.

Remember not everyone would use these lists so there would still be available servers.

Banning very few innocents and keeping hundreds of TKers and hackers out is far more acceptable than burying your head in the sand and giving the 100s jerks free reign because 2 or 3 joe blogs cant play on 3 or 4 servers anymore.

I do feel your quote does try to confuse the perspective of the argument.

I FEEL that I have purveyed common sense in my opinions of this issue.

... and BTW if someone does have a grievance with the ban then they can contact the servers forums ...remember like we used to in the old days?

with the power of a few servers together someone somewhere will be able to vouch for the innocents.

Most of my last post was towards Blackhawk.

---------------

So why do these banlists have to HAVE NO PROOF? WHY?

Why cant they just provide proof? Is proving their accusations too much to ask?

How can you justify putting someone on a public banlist if you cant even prove anything....

How is puting innocent players on a banlist, because nobody cares enough to provide proof of anything, ok?

Ok m8 point taken.

Regarding proof.

As far as I can see providing proof can be both time consuming and sometimes impossible.

But then again as I said before, it would be upto the admins as to which banlists they choose to copy.

Personally  I have our own banlist.

For TKing,  hacking and for admin abuse upto now.

As far as I'm concerned I have no reason to supply proof to anyone.

Tkers, Hackers, Admin abusers and racist/abusive players get banned end of.

If a server admin posts his banlist (from a server I know is admined well), then as far as I'm concerned I would use theirs and jump at the chance.

A few of our bans I cant now for the life of me remember why they were banned other than it was one of the 3 reasons above.

I think the point that is being missed here is that it is down to the server admins who gets banned and for what.

There is no Global code we must follow, however the ideas I had regarding a central repositry could be the start of one.

As far as no-one caring to prove anything..

I think the only thing you can do is be a good admin after the fact, and if for some reason someone does dispute a ban then hear their case and be clear them why they were banned OR why they have been reprieved.

As someone said earlier it is a game where we are supposed to have fun.

In other games in the past people got banned and usually if they put their case forward inthe forums, the admins would look at these cases and make a decision.

thats good Admin.

If they cant be bothered to hear banned persons out who think they have been treated unjustly, then the servers obvously not worth playing on anyway.

If we want to 'cure' the community of the lonelyboys then we have to work together and act with maturity and a certain amount of compassion.

what do you think?

If they cant be bothered to hear banned persons out who think they have been treated unjustly, then the servers obvously not worth playing on anyway.

QFT. Same goes for an admin who will blindly use all of these unproven global banlists. Lame admins, lame server. Not all are lame; as far as I'm concerned, if I was on a global banlist it would practically weed out the real crap servers for me biggrin_o.gif

Until we figure out a foolproof "proving" method, a compromise needs to be made; if you give one TK'er a "second chance", then he will cause 5 innocent players to decide that server sucks and they'll leave. Sure they may come back another day but it has ruined that game for them and ruined the server for that period of time. If you ban one TK'er plus one accidental innocent (which doesn't happen very often), then you lose one innocent who can try to get allowed back on via forums, and you ban one douchebag who won't ruin any more games. If the innocent isn't willing to try and get unbanned, then he either has another nice server he can play on, or IMHO he's someone who doesn't add anything to a game anyway (like one of those braindeads who doesn't chat and has 0 kills, 3 deaths after an hour of DM because he's busy seeing if the butterflies can be shot like the birds)

Sh*t happens -- the world is not a child-friendly place. Until we hire and pay taxes for the BIS Police, we're going to have a fairly rudimentary system. Mature admins are mature admins -- find a server with them, and you will have nothing to complain about.

Quote[/b] ]They arent forced to add them, but they may add them just because someone put them here or wherever making claims about them.

3 words : Bad "admined" server. I wouldn't want to play there anyway. I must say I mostly play Evolution at this time so I'm pretty sure there are more cheating accusations from other players in PVP from frustrated players that simply suck wink_o.gif. I know I was getting accused a lot when I was playing Americas Army. I guess I was too good for the amount of "honnor" I had... Never got banned from anywhere even when I got accused by some newer clan members of the servers where I used to play. Just play regularly on a good server you won't have any problems.

Quote[/b] ]Nothing wrong with banning fake IDs, the IDs in themselves are the proof.

Aren't most publicly available banlists made out of almost exclusively fake IDs? I admit I am not looking at all those banlists so I'm not well aware of that so I may be wrong.

Quote[/b] ]Their making public banlists without any proof to back up their claims.

Of course it would be better if they provided some form of proof. What proof do you want? Screenshots? I can photoshop all the proof I want and I'm not even that good at photoshopping stuff. Server logs or something? I guess I could write that up too. You can fake anything making any proof worthless. I am with Tijay on this, I'd rather trust good server admins word.

I understand your point but it doesn't seem possible, at this time at least. I'm also wondering... what's next? Trial before judge and jury? Even in real life cases innocents are sometimes convicted and in some countries a lot of them. Just thinking your views of this seem too idealistic. I guess I would agree with you if it was possible to provide bullet proof evidence, that is when not considering the extra work for server admins.

Quote[/b] ]and theres nothing wrong with my attitude, I didnt say or do anything wrong to get banned. Just because he said I was, thats all it took.

Alright I will trust your word and take that back. Will you miss playing on that server? I know I wouldn't.

my server has a pretty safe ban and watch list going on our forums

http://www.88th.proboards32.com/index.c....&page=1

all the players that have been banned were witnessed by an 88th member or a trusted member of the ArmA community. (then again, a GP player has only provided proof to us twice tounge2.gif )

if a server admin witnessed it should we have to provide proof of the accused? if that was the case then an admin would be taking up most of his time taking the pictures, finding a host then hosting the pictures, posting them and typing out exactly what happend. then adding their ID to the ban list if they had their ID handy... if not then they have to go into the server FTP, enter the Net.log (which takes awhile to open up) type in the players name and find their ID and they they can add them to the ban list. crazy_o.gif

i understand the argument on how a server admin can just post a persons ID on a public ban list and accuse a person of Cheating/TKing/ or ruining a game simple because they don't like a person.

that's why 88th doesn't just find someone else's ban list and just add their ban's to our list. we tried that out in OFP and there were some trusted members of the OFP community suddenly added to our ban list. Global ban list's are a tricky thing to be implemented and or time consuming trying to provide proof of the accused.

if someone was banned from the 88th server and they feel they were wrongly accused they can always post their complaints on our forums.

our Watch-List is just a list of players that have TKed or tried to ruin a game but were kicked, but we feel they shouldn't be banned for just one incident. this list allows us to keep track of the trouble makers and we watch them closely when their on our server. we don't require proof for having someone added to the watch list though. if a person proves they are a good player then they are removed from the Watch-List

it's a never ending war out their Ladies and Gentlemen. lets keep up the good fight against the Morons out there trying to ruin our games. band.gifthumbs-up.gif

Well, BIS needs to add some anti-cheat tools or something, because what we have now is just not enough for public banlists.

@Blackhawk

Well since you played on AA, I know from my time playing AA, I've been banned from servers for "Cheating" accusations, now what if that server was able to add me to the banlists of ACI/AASA/ect. simply because they said I was???

Now thats what we have going on here..

Mind you the setup is no where near as sophisticated, but its relation is similair.

If people want to have their own little private banlists where they dont provide any proof and they just trust each other, fine, but dont make them public then. Thats all.

Public banlists require proof, simple as.

Like you said it's not as sophisticated and I would even add that it has little if nothing to do with our problem. From what I can remember AASA regroups a bunch of trusted servers and requires PBSS to add to their banlist.

ArmA doesnt have anything like PBSS so what proof is there : none. What's left for us? Trusted server admins.

There is no such thing as being banned on massive amounts of servers just because some guy posts your name somewhere. There is no "ArmA SA" so you don't get banned everywhere at the same time.

Maybe you should consider trusting the admins a little. You know, not all of them are "ban 'em all brain dead morons". wink_o.gif If it's not good enough for you why don't you start an "ArmA SA" yourself and make it the way it should be because this is going nowhere. Wait, I don't think you can... The banlist would have to rely on admin's word because there is no source of reliable evidence for ArmA yet.

While I'm at it I think it would be easy to modify a PBSS and add the GUID and name you want. So it all comes down to the word of the admins on AA too.

Well, BIS needs to add some anti-cheat tools or something, because what we have now is just not enough for public banlists.

@Blackhawk

Well since you played on AA,  I know from my time playing AA, I've been banned from servers for "Cheating" accusations, now what if that server was able to add me to the banlists of ACI/AASA/ect.  simply because they said I was???

Now thats what we have going on here..

Mind you the setup is no where near as sophisticated, but its relation is similair.

If people want to have their own little private banlists where they dont provide any proof and they just trust each other, fine, but dont make them public then. Thats all.

Public banlists require proof, simple as.

Bottom line: There are only 2 reasons to have a fake user ID

1) You;re a cheap bastard

2) you're a hack

Anyone with a fake user ID should be instantly banned from any, and ALL servers.

Quote[/b] ]Anyone with a fake user ID should be instantly banned from any,and ALL servers.

He hasn't said it in the particular post you quoted but he did say that same thing.

Quote[/b] ]Nothing wrong with banning fake IDs, the IDs in themselves are the proof.

*Edit buggy quote code

As the topic says... Name + Shame!

I caught a hacker and now time to shame!

whats the point in posting ID's? why not find there home address and post that yay.gif

This guy uses every hack under the sun, but even with all these hacks i can still own him loooooool...

<span style='color:red'>(Personal data/address removed by moderator)</span>

Apparently hes moved round the corner so hes still within the area smile_o.gif

How do i know all this?

Because Dave was a member in my clan, until i found him on the KFC site using all the hacks AND even paying for them. How sad lol.

What proof do i have, that hes hacking?

<span style='color:red'>(Link to KFC site/forum removed by moderator)</span>

Have fun with this address smile_o.gif

Oh and hes sky broadband user is... 5ac36ffb.bb.sky.com

IP: 90.195.111.251 or 90.205.*.* this changes abit from time to time smile_o.gif

Because my post has been edited by a MOD, PM if you want he's home address smile_o.gif

Bear in mind Animal Rights activists have been charged under the Prevention of Terroirism act for posting peoples home adresses on the inetrnet. They have spent jail time some 12 years plus for conspiracy. Post 911 has narrowed your civil liberties.