Sign in to follow this  
msvbvm61

Is there a healthy ArmA Multiplayer Community?

servers are mainly west, east coast america, canada, and UK.

FYI: raw global stats tell us that the vast majority of server (and player) numbers are either germany, us or uk based. see for yourself:

http://stats.swec.se/server/country

(this is at the time of writing, however)

I normally play few MP games.Lately I only play BFV online.

I hop on a Armed Assault server on ocassion.

This winter I would play more. Sorta waiting for good missions/addons

And true the comment on economy...I have to work all the time!

IMHO ArmA is slowing down/dying...

Don't get me wrong the ArmA community is amazing, and theres alot of organizations out there that are trying to keep it alive. But theres only so much you can do.

1/50 missions out there stand out from the rest. Even though the other missions are different, but most still have the same type of goal.

Without the tools, all we have is re-skinned addons which is great at first but their still the same addons in theory. Once the tools have been released then im sure ArmA will be the biggest game around and their will be enough addons and missions to keep everyone interested smile_o.gif

Look at the stuff RKSL are working on for example, which looks amazing! but im sure they need the tools to release most of there work! sad_o.gif

Does anyone have any sort of idea when we are expecting the tools to be released???

I dont know i havent played arma more than once in the last two weeks. Seriously, i cant get into it.. OFP i played for hours on end, i cant play more than 2 hours of ArmA without getting severely bored. No idea why, whether its the community, the game, the way its so similar to OFP and doesnt seem 'new' i dont know.

I just cant get into it like OFP :\ only thing i actually enjoy is IC-ArmA :\ lol

I sort of know what you mean Jack?

I hardly actually play the game,spend most of my time making missions!- and thats hard work!

To me there's something seriously lacking in the Sahrani Island!

Just can't put me finger on it! crazy_o.gif

I sort of know what you mean Jack?

I hardly actually play the game,spend most of my time making missions!- and thats hard work!

To me there's something seriously lacking in the Sahrani Island!

Just can't put me finger on it!  crazy_o.gif

Yeah same, i love making missions, im crap at it, but i like making them regardless! :P

And yeah about Sahrani.. its really laggy and probably the cause of a lot of ArmA problems.. im hoping the expansion will sort that out, but still ArmA has LOTS of performance issues which shouldnt be in a modern game.

I also find it hard to find good areas to make missions in? I dunno if u feel the same about that, i found it much easier in OFP :S

All missions in ArmA seem to be based around the same places also... Tons of coops start from the South Sahrani airfield, CTF missions are usually custom made 'towns' in the desert in the south of sahrani.

Still cant find why i just get bored of the game after a couple of hours tops tho lol. at least i aint the only one! smile_o.gif

try to find servers with maybe 5 or so ppl in it, those are the games

u want to be in, as the big evo maps are just a big hassle.

and ofcourse ur welcome to join in some planned and structured coop fights in finnish jaeger troops server smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

My team usually plays once weekly (not including training and fun on public) with a realistic settings and an interesting mission/mini-campaign.

There are around 15 players and we encourage other serious teams to join us as "Bravo Squad". They get their own teamspeak channel and NCOs talk/cooperate via the ingame chat.

I love the multiplayer game more than ever, it's hardly ever boring ... perhaps it depends who you play with I don't know? I mean when I play IC it's just awesome, and pubbing during the week on Bezerk Maps is awesome ... perhaps if the ArmA Community is dying then all the cheater's will leave wink_o.gif

To all those who think the ArmA Multiplayer Community is dying ... try this and see what you think ... xmas_o.gif

Multiplayer Dead?