Sign in to follow this  
msvbvm61

Is there a healthy ArmA Multiplayer Community?

I can only find a handful of servers with pings less than 100 and no more than 10-20 players for a 30 player game.

have you tried disabling your addons?

many servers don't allow them and thus are not listed as active on the servers screen.. just a hint.

have you tried disabling your addons?

many servers don't allow them and thus are not listed as active on the servers screen.. just a hint.

daikan

Thanks for the hint, I will try that and hope it helps

I see hundereds of people playing daily pistols.gif 75% are pining green 10% are locked or different version & 15% orange

ArmAs multi player realy isnt that fun, ive been playing since US release and im starting to get burned out. Heck normaly i can play the same game for 4 months, or even a few years without getting really burned out, but ArmA just burns away my desire to play.

6thSense.eu Community (Srvr2), just as other private communities I know about are surely healthy.

Amount of players is a debatable point, I have no problem with 10-20 players...

Rather 10-20 proper ppl, instead of 60 kids. General 6thSense.eu pings are ~30 for europe, ~80 for US.

http://www.6thsense.eu/play-arma-on-our-server

Games going on about everyday in the evening, weekends throughout the day... Altough it's hot summer here so it's fluctuating here and there, but who could blame smile_o.gif)

ArmA Multiplayer Coop imho is very good... maybe not the bare bis version but with the right mods and addons (in 6thSense.eu's case, nicely managed by a full-mod with easy-update feature) it's great and supersedes OFP imho. We got a lot of missions, not all are as good as the other, but there's enough good ones...

Improvements are done/added every week.

However, I believe that with extra patches (better performance for everyone, more bugs squashed etc), the game gets even more enjoyable, for more people.

Aye, also the [uSA] IMO server almost always has 15+ ppl on it 24/7, and most of the time Admins are present so its pretty fun there.

Only problem is its dedicated EVO, nothing else.

well it seems people dont want to play on low ping servers but crapy ones with no admin around

It depends what type of multiplayer you're after, it can certainly be hard to find a suitable game when you want to play, but as sickboy says there is fun multiplayer out there.

I enjoy most types, coop, evo, berzerk and every now and again a bit of ctf. .

But I love large scale combined operations so I joined the ArmaInteractive tournament. Hey I know its a shameless plug but it's a great multiplayer experience. It's much more structured and disaplined than a public game, but this makes it work well. I play in a infantry squad but I know that if it gets heavy I can call in armour, an attack chopper or a transport chopper to get me the hell out of there. All these roles are filled by human players with the same passion for a quality multiplayer game as you.

We're about to start our 2nd campaign but if you sign up quick and get through a very quick boot camp you could be in campaign 2 from the start.

Baz

ArmAI nteractive

There is a healthy community. I personally dont like playing public servers though unless its well admined. Like Baz above i play in an ArmA tournament Called International Conflict:Armed Assault See link below

http://www.ic-arma.com/index.php

Im the General of the Kindgom of Sahrani [KS] side. In my army there is 69 active people and theres around the same on the Democratic Republic of Sahrani side [DRS]. There is a great feeling in knowing that there is a whole army behind you i.e being a small cog in a big machine, not just 5 other guys. We have played with over 70 people on the server in our Beta campaign and there are always guys on our TS hanging out, playing games.

Heck yeah there's a healthy MP community! Just like Bazooka_Boy said, Im also an ArmAInteractive player. I don't even play pub servers any more. Every Sunday we have a huge organized battle day with mature players. No cheaters. No TK'ers. People doing what they are supposed to do. Plenty of US and Euro players. Its a blast. Not to mention we often play some CTF, Berzerk or C&H maps during the week together for fun.

But FYI, don't expect to drop in and it be like joining a full pub server. Its a worlds difference. In a good way.

It cracks me up to read these guys posting there's no MP community or how it sucks. Clearly they haven't checked out the ArmA Interactive community.

Do I think Arma is dead?huh.gif

NO WAY!!

Like Baz and Super, I am also a member of ArmaInteractive. I enjoy playing here more then any other place that I've tried. We have a great bunch of MATURE players here. IMHO, the structure here is great. From the Commanders to the communications that are in place. If you're looking for just another BF2 type game, this is NOT the place. If on the other hand, you are looking for a place that stresses team work and is close to a true war simulation, this is the place to be.

Check us out at ArmaInteractive.com.

SnowMan

^^^ Didn't Infam0us just post that link?

Anyway, the answer to the question is yes absolutely there is a healthy community and here's another example of the strong multiplayer community. Our forum is busy as is our gameserver. We have at least 5 members creating multiplayer missions for the community and addon packs in the future.

You just need to look around.

www.ic-arma.com

Great community, loads of fun. The people that own it (My internet Service or MyIS) have loads of other great communitys aswell.

www.ic-arma.com

Great community, loads of fun. The people that own it (My internet Service or MyIS) have loads of other great communitys aswell.

the people that own it are not so great to my taste....

A healthy community doesnt need commerce.

Is there a healthy ArmA Multiplayer Community? - im still here!

Like parents you can't always chose your owners... however like friends good membership make a big difference.

I think we've demonstrated at least three large groups of community minded ArmA players active.

Is ArmA dead, hell no.

Does ArmA have the same number of players as BF2, no.

Does ArmA have the same number of idiot players as BF2, most definitely not. biggrin_o.gif

BarmyArmy

Mod Team ArmaInteractive

Another ArmAInteractive player checking in and I have to say that ArmAI is so good that it has totally ruined regular pub play for me. ArmAI uses ArmA like it was meant to be used. Full scale, combined arms conflicts with organized units and strategies. You're not going to waltz in and be commanding a Ranger unit your first battleday, however. Just like in real life, you've got to put some time in and practice. And it makes the community a much better place.

Ok, I think we've established here that their are two large communitys that enjoy playing ArmA. So let's leave these posts for the recruitment threads smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Is there a healthy ArmA Multiplayer Community

I have a bad hangover. crazy_o.gif

no arma is not dieing it is slowing down. but will pick back up when the economy picks up again. and people can put down thare second job for some pc time thank god im lucky enof to play the time i do smile_o.gif

and this will kinda anser it to

http://www.tsviewer.com/index.p....=11&y=9

http://stats.swec.se:3001/server/list

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=arma

seems like people are just holding off on ArmA till the expansion/new patch comes out.

you just need to find a server near you.

servers are mainly west, east coast america, canada, and UK.

(88th server is based in LA)