Sign in to follow this  
xpetit

When Oxygen 2 will comes ???

Quote[/b] ]you merge them together with a .ptm script.

Well that's a trick I certainly would like to learn to use.

Would make life much easier.

Any tutorials/examples of this? Wiki is silent.

Games Convention

takes place from 22. - 26. august 2007. IDEA games is said to be

present with Queen's Gambit. Lets see what news that event

will unveil.

Quote[/b] ]you merge them together with a .ptm script.

Well that's a trick I certainly would like to learn to use.

Would make life much easier.

Any tutorials/examples of this? Wiki is silent.

Check out part way down the page of The SJB Weapons Pack Thread for some info about how to use the PTM Merging scripts.

For starters, BIS has to make a stable update and get all their problems/bugs worked out. I did that little C-5 Conversion in 1.02 and when 1.05 was released it stopped working, so even if we are to get tools, the next update might render all that hardwork useless becasue the coding in the game changes around and then OFP models that potentially could have been converted, become useless. Thats why I scrapped my *UNOFFICIAL* F-15, B-2 and C-5 Conversions. (That and because I just didn't feel like emailing and asking for permission to release.) But first the game MUST be fixed completely before any work should be done.

For starters, BIS has to make a stable update and get all their problems/bugs worked out. I did that little C-5 Conversion in 1.02 and when 1.05 was released it stopped working, so even if we are to get tools, the next update might render all that hardwork useless becasue the coding in the game changes around and then OFP models that potentially could have been converted, become useless. Thats why I scrapped my *UNOFFICIAL* F-15, B-2 and C-5 Conversions. (That and because I just didn't feel like emailing and asking for permission to release.) But first the game MUST be fixed completely before any work should be done.

How many PC games do you know that are, as you put it, "completely bug free"? Seriously, how many are there? ~6 Years on and OFP still has bugs and issues. Simple fact is, if you postpone working on addons because ArmA has a few bugs that you want fixed before you begin work, you're a bigger idiot than those who think they can't make models until Oxygen2 is released.

if you dont like oxygen simply model and skin your model in another app. and then just port it over.. whats the problem..

some people act here like they could only use oxygen for this...

Hopefully before the world ends in 2012! biggrin_o.gif

Indeed, BIS is scared to release the tools before the expansion becuase they prob think some pissed off modmarkers will make the addons they have in less time with better quality and sounds or something haha. rofl.gif

Yeah thats a classic BF2 situation....

Except EA had a fun little patch which came out every 3 months and broke all your work. They were too concerned with their expansions like bf2142 ...did i say expansion... i mean new game wink_o.gif

ah and if you want to know when the new o2 comes out....it will come out

ah and if you want to know when the new o2 comes out....it will come out

So it'll come out at the end of what?

Quote[/b] ]Oxygen: Model creation and import from 3D Studio Max

YES! Confirmed 3dsmax compatibilty atleast for VBS2 and hopefully for ArmA.

Now for some news from the devs for ArmA.

Quote[/b] ]Oxygen: Model creation and import from 3D Studio Max

YES! Confirmed 3dsmax compatibilty atleast for VBS2 and hopefully for ArmA.

Now for some news from the devs for ArmA.

Well, that's old news isn't it? Improved import from 3dsmax and Maya. It was stated in some interviews a months ago.

Yes, but not fully confirmed. I heard some talk about it, I heard something is being done on improving it, but that was it.

Initialy BIS said that the tools were released BEFORE the release of Armed Assault... icon_rolleyes.gif

Thats OK, they said the same thing before the release of OFP too. I still have the FTP username and password for the release of the OFP tools to certain mod teams the week of the US release of OFP. Of course the first tool came a full year after that.