Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

Arma FDF sound pack v1.2

wouldn't mind if someone could give a brief overview of this comparing it to chammy's sound mod. pros and cons of each... smile_o.gif

Oh look a Troll!

how am i a troll? i just asked for people's opinions. sheesh, i guess i will try it out since my polite question seems to be a no-no.

Very nice, FDF team. smile_o.gif Your vechile sounds are still the best out there. The A-10 is joy to fly now with that new sound. thumbs-up.gif

I like this mod, but for the sake of constructive criticism:

When using the AH6 on outside view with 4,000rpm minigun, the volume is reduced to almost inaudiable levels.

You might want to check that out and if it's a unilateral bug, address it.

Otherwise, it sounds top dollar.

Good work guys, it's really easy for me to sit here and pick it apart. It's testament to the work you do that the only boo boo I can see is a chopper volume issue.

Thanx, Torch

wouldn't mind if someone could give a brief overview of this comparing it to chammy's sound mod. pros and cons of each... smile_o.gif

Well the first thing that I can think of is that the sounds in FDF are much muuuuuch much more crisp and alive. They are not as 'lame' or soft as the sounds in Chammy's mod are. A gun doesn't go "smoof" like they do in Chammy's, they go "Bam!". That's the biggest difference.

Chammys have cooler distant sounds when others are shooting from far away.

Excellent, they really bring life into the game.

There are a few that i dont like so much but i love most, i wont dare being more specific untill im sure to have heard it all.

Thanks guys smile_o.gif .

As I've promised - all tests done in squadnight - result: u f*beep*ing rock FDF! Excellent work, great sonic cracks, even better gunfire sounds and planes/choppers flying above us really gave us the much needed weekly adrenaline pump!

Nice work. Although the grenade throwing sample with the spoon flick sound is unnecessary and the swoosh sound is way too loud.

A small grunting sample of some putting the effort into throwing  said grenade would be better . Doesn't have to be a tennis player grunt either  smile_o.gif

Thanks for your effort on this mod FDF crew.  thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming.

Thanks to Buliwyf and El nino Foxhound for mirrors, added them to mirror list thumbs-up.gif

Weapon and environmental (insects, rain, ect) are just great, amazing firefights, much more imersive.

Most ground vehicles and especially the armored too, perfect.

The one sound i didnt like much was the minigun, its not sync'ed with the barrel animation and sounds a little quiet.

The mh/ah-6 sound a little strange, i would like it better with more engine rotation and less rotor. The harrier i find a bit strange too, it doesnt give me the impression of flying a jet while the others do.

The Kamov's and Mi-17's no longer give me an headache, those default sounds really were annoying.

Cant play Arma without this pack anymore, thank you inlove.gif .

Well the first thing that I can think of is that the sounds in FDF are much muuuuuch much more crisp and alive. They are not as 'lame' or soft as the sounds in Chammy's mod are. A gun doesn't go "smoof" like they do in Chammy's, they go "Bam!". That's the biggest difference.

Not that chammy has anything against this mod, but keep in mind that his was just a beta and will be releasing a video next week or so.

Yeah these new sounds are pretty sweet, keep up the good work.

Not a fan of the new bullet crack. It sounds more like a pistol shot than a whip crack now. I removed it and went back to the default, but all the other sounds are top-notch, as always.

Great work FDF! Can't imagine playing with default BI sounds anymore. smile_o.gif

How about adding some randomness to flies around bodies. Like it would take some time before flies reach a body and not every body would have them at all.

Not a fan of the new bullet crack. It sounds more like a pistol shot than a whip crack now. I removed it and went back to the default, but all the other sounds are top-notch, as always.

Quoted for the supreme truth, I also modified mine to use the original bullet cracks, they sound much more like the real thing. (I know I've worked the pits at my range biggrin_o.gif)

Quoted for the supreme truth, I also modified mine to use the original bullet cracks, they sound much more like the real thing. (I know I've worked the pits at my range biggrin_o.gif)

Record some then and post the wav file here wink_o.gif

Record some then and post the wav file here wink_o.gif

Well the stock ones are actually very damn close, plus I'd need some expensive sound gear to record real one swhich I just don't have.

I'd say up the volume considerably on the stock cracks (maybe even double it) and you'd have it perfect.

WOW.

i've tried all the sound mods, and this is now by far the daddy. the sounds are simply amazing, and the overall effect in battle is beyond words - it's the effect chammy is going for i believe.

i disagree - this is awesome, much better.

nice work.

i did edit your config by the way - turned all environmental (wind etc) effects right down, as they were almost as loud as the weapons.

My setup fyi - EAX & Hardware Accel. both ON with XFi Extreme Gamer Sound Card and Medusa 5.1 Surround Headphones.

andy.

Have you ever heard what it sounds like when a bullet cracks right by your ear? smile_o.gif

Thanks for amazing sound + extra sounds!

The engine sound in tanks could be more bump (like behind ear muffs)? Outside these engine sounds should be 2 clicks louder. Well i should have look into some nice "test-battles" so long.

Anyone else crashes with it?

Had about 5 crashes, all random and in MP, asked some players but none had this happen to them, it was like the game got stuck on an infinite loop or something, never happened before i installed the sound mod and hasnt happened since i stoped using it.

I have an audigy 2 sound card and im running xp pro, used the installer and the FDF shortcut.

I really miss the FDF sounds sad_o.gif .

No issues with the FDF sound mod here. I am using it everytime I play, if I crash its the memory error.

Have you other mods enabled? Maybe one of those is conflicting with FDF.