Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

Basic flashlight

Well i was making a mission thats based in the dark and didnt want to use NVG's so i thought i need a flashlight. So i came up with this.

Its basic because you cant look up and down and i cant edit the soldier models yet to add a proper light source. Ive tried the memory points and they didnt work so ill have to wait till the mod tools come out to get this perfect. It doesnt work well when your close to something as the length of the light doesnt resize itslef, but good for seeing whats in the distance.

But anyways here it is for those that want to use it either in your zombie missions or for other use. It works for all units including civies.

arma2007073020235523zj3.jpg

arma2007073113121709eo0.jpg

courtesy of amraholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1764

courtesy of armed assault.info: ftp://www.armedassault.info/armad/addons/Flashlight.rar

Enjoy!

Hedcrusha

That's what i want! smile_o.gif

Of course you need the tools first of all to make your flashlight more realistic but it's fine that someone works on it!

You could make nice missions with this flashlight. Kinda special-forces with NVG's and insurgents with flashlights, would be interesting!

Continue! wink_o.gif

So its no model. But a light source ?

Still pretty good, id say id use this more than NVG wink_o.gif

Yep nothing special but a config that gives all units a light that can be turned on or off like a vehicle light.

It's great you did it, as I don't know why BIS didn't include it in the first place... This should be quite interesting for zombie missions !

Is it an item that can be equipped, just like NVG ? Or a script that creates a light source ? And, does the AI know how to use it ?

Malick

All it is is a reflector used in the man: base. They had reflectors defined but no entry's. It isnt a script nor an item you can equip. Just use the addon then when in a mission use the mouse wheel and you will see the action to turn light on or off. Havent tested it with AI. But im sure if you found the init command to turn the light "on" on a unit then that would give the impression that the ai is using it. Or you could make a script to enable the ai to activate or deactivate it.

I was actually thinking of this yesterday... i had put soldiers to guard a base and they were standing under 2 streetlanterns and they put on there nvg while guarding an entrance... !! i know i can remove nvg , but having this as a replacement is much better.

And then checking BI forums and seeing somebody made it is just brilliant.

thanks

Does it move up-down or just side to side? I mena, can you rise the light up when looking up?

No! just side to side! As i said this is just a basic work around for anyone wanting a flashlight. I would need to edit the p3d models in order to get the flashlight to move with the gun ect. But cant as the tools arnt out yet.

Such a Handy Tool!..

This is gonna be excellent for my new movie  as well (blair Witch Project)

yay.gif

Anyone who goes camping in sahrani woods needs one.  confused_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

EDIT:

What's the class name so i can add to a unit?.

Thanks.

very imaginative ! great idea thumbs-up.gif maybe you could make a gun with light or even with a laser beam ? that would be inlove.gif

Quick question. Will AI automaticaly turn it on at night when they are moving in Safe mode(just like vehicles in Arma)?

Not sure! havent testing it thoroughly enough to say it does and it doesnt. Try it out and experiment with it.

But AI can do it trough "nameunit action ["LIGHTON", nameunit] command in the init or via trigger.

Good mod hedcrusha.

great little mod , im wondering if i can spice my evo playing in the night maps up by using this? biggrin_o.gif

Any chance helicopters could have movable searchlights in place of guns....maybe even both?

Might be cool to have troops running around, and helos in the air searching the area with spot / flash lights.

would be cool. But the tools arnt out yet so i cant edit the models for what your asking.

u could use the an/peq thingy on sopmod m4 as a lightsource for the time being. It looks like a flashlight to me smile_o.gif

All it is is a reflector used in the man: base. They had reflectors defined but no entry's. It isnt a script nor an item you can equip. Just use the addon then when in a mission use the mouse wheel and you will see the action to turn light on or off. Havent tested it with AI. But im sure if you found the init command to turn the light "on" on a unit then that would give the impression that the ai is using it. Or you could make a script to enable the ai to activate or deactivate it.

rofl.gif  i did this 2 months ago on one of my soldiers, at night it shows switch light on -switch lights off by the game game default light. but i released nothing. as the reflector stands on the ground and not on any part of the soldier.

waiting for tools.

but now for weapon just add a reflector and it will work as you know the proxy places, you can attach the light were you want, and don't need to wait for the tools !

rofl.gif i did this 2 months ago on one of my soldiers, at night it shows switch light on -switch lights off by the game game default light. but i released nothing. as the reflector stands on the ground and not on any part of the soldier.

waiting for tools.

but now for weapon just add a reflector and it will work as you know the proxy places, you can attach the light were you want, and don't need to wait for the tools !

it could be possible on weapons itself, havent tested yet, but i have light on the GDI Tiberiaum Refinery (is a building), and its switched on. Its the source from the Light tower from arma, just without turning :P

and on the gdi soldier we have made a light too, cause he got a lamp on his helmet. and its very nice, it turns with the head, just everywhere, just how it must be. in ofp you cant move the light, now in arma you can.

and its possible to animate the light also. i have made a warning light how you know on the heavy transporter trucks, that orange one, and it works, you can turn the light 360°, so you can animate it.

so its possible too to do some nice police cars with light effects or other vehicles.

just use some ideas for arma, and you can do much whistle.gif

Sentry

Sentry nice too see that youve gotten further than me biggrin_o.gif. Ill give the weapons a try. Also if you wanted you could add flashing lights to your player models too! like red, green or yellow little flashing lights on his belt. Found this out when i was fumbling with the settings.

Would it be possible to make a blackhawk have 3 different lights in it. For parajumps.

Red: Jumpers Ready

Yellow: 5 Seconds

Green: Jumpers GO GO GO!

Tack-Up @ Aug. 04 2007,20:23)]Would it be possible to make a blackhawk have 3 different lights in it. For parajumps.

Red: Jumpers Ready

Yellow: 5 Seconds

Green: Jumpers GO GO GO!

yes. you can do so many lights how you wish. but you cant control them. maybe you can but i dunno how atm <(^^)>

Sentry

rofl.gif  i did this 2 months ago on one of my soldiers, at night it shows switch light on -switch lights off by the game game default light. but i released nothing. as the reflector stands on the ground and not on any part of the soldier.

waiting for tools.

but now for weapon just add a reflector  and it will work as you know the proxy places, you can attach the light were you want, and don't need to wait for the tools !

Can a light addon be made for weapons?

Since this addon is nothing more then a config file, is it possible to turn this into a script that can be implimented in missions?

I guess someone who is a script-expert, like Sickboy, would know?