Sign in to follow this  
Kenwort

Lazarus island by Kenwort

Hey guys!

I want to inform you that i'm now learning to create a island and I'm currently creating my first island. It is very small 64x64, but i will try to make it as much as detailed i can smile_o.gif

The airport is finished now I'm creating the towns.. I have started the Capital already (first town)

here are some screens:

lazarus1.jpg.xs.jpglazarus2.jpg.xs.jpg

lazarus3.jpg.xs.jpglazarus4.jpg.xs.jpg

ScreenHunter_3.jpg.xs.jpg

It's actually quite interesting to create a island smile_o.gif

Stay tuned! More screens and info coming soon wink_o.gif

Kenny

The first town, the capital, is almost finished.. now to start the next city over the bridge on the 2nd isle whistle.gif

Here is a little poster, with some images from the the capital of Lazarus, haven't though of a name yet...

lazarus.jpg.xs.jpg

Awesome.

I'm looking forward to this now thumbs-up.gif

What kind of addons are in it so far?

I from what i see so far its mostly stuff i have like mapfact stuff.

I'm glad people are still pumping out quality into OFP, with ArmA out and all!

That looks good!

Are those island's connected to each other?

Maybe 2 bridges or 2 small and 1 bigger bridge?

How many addons are in use?

@Blazin: Yeap! Mostly there are Mapfact addons, like barrack addon, airport, dock, houses and other misc stuff. I use textures from Symbiots Malden textures smile_o.gif

@NoRailgunner: Yes the islands are connected with one bridge the same bridge as seen on nogova smile_o.gif

More pictures coming soon

wink_o.gif

Kenny

I'll be sure to look all over it for any glaring bugs and be as rude as possible abotu it, when you release it or an open beta tounge2.gif

jk. I'll be constructive thumbs-up.gif

Keep in mind that its my first island biggrin_o.gif Still a newbie in the making of island biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Looks interesting. I like mapfact addons used in maps.

Yeah mapfact addons look good. They match modern island styles.

You need WRP Edit Tool to edit the island, pbo tool (to pack unpack pbo) and maybe Wilbur to create the land it self smile_o.gif Thats what i use. And I'm learning from the manual that was in the WRP edit tool. whistle.gif

Kenny

Whats with the face Tate? confused_o.gif

tounge2.gif

I might try and make an Island biggrin_o.gif

I'll be sure to let you guys see its final state... If I can even make WRP Edit to work!

I'm looking forward to your island Kenwort.

It looks pretty small... Maybe you could make the towns and airport even more detailed than they are, cause most people's PC (Including my crappy one) should be able to handle it... biggrin_o.gif

Yes, looks nice this little islands.

Is it possible for AI (cargo transport) to land/start from airport?

((btw. how is the progress with BHD-Mod?))

Well maybe in time i will make it a bit bigger but for now i don't plan on making in larger, yes i will try to make it more detailed, but then it will get even more harder to fight the AI, because of all the objecs, trees and bushes.

No, i still haven't configured the airport config, so AI's could land planes, but i will try to do it smile_o.gif If thats what you're asking wink_o.gif

For news about BHD mod, visit the BHD mod website, i have a link in my signature whistle.gif

Hey guys well I have finished the island (most of it) but there are s still some little parts not finished a little bugs or some objects misplaced but I'm not thinking to finish it.

Here is the beta

Readme and more screens included in the download wink_o.gif Enjoy

lazarus4.gif

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Download Lazarus island beta here [4mb]</span></span>

Downloading now...

Man I can barley move through all the islands in my "Choose Island" mission editor screen now biggrin_o.gif

Err, its against the rules to type in all-caps.

Anyway. I found a bug: The dock/harbour is plaed just a tad too far down the slope, meaning units fall through it.

Yeah I noticed it too but was too lazy to fix it.. tounge2.gif

just a little question, could i have your permission to use this island as a base for my Umbrella addons and maybe to edit it

For me the airport is overgrown with bushes. Lol. I havent checked since I started using the editor upgrade you describe. I was using 1.03 (All of the 102's combined)