Sign in to follow this  
LordHorusNL

Functioning Elevators?

What ever happend to those working elevators in the hotels? I remember seeing them in some press video's just before Arma was released but havent heard anything since then.

I dont really play the campaign so i have no idea if they do work in those missions.

Might there be a script that triggers the use of these things in the editor/user mission.

Thanks

Might there be a script that triggers the use of these things in the editor/user mission.

Thanks

I don't think they're even there anymore. Well, I haven't seen any, but I haven't really looked for one.

The elevators them selfs are still there check the big hotel with 3rd.

I tink they never got it working properly if my memory doesnt fail me (again) i believe they said someting no that one wont work you need to use this one in that video, so mabey the script wasnt working propperly or lagged to much.

Its probably to do with that whole limitation in some game engines of having a free moving player on what is essentially a moving vehicle.

Its probably to do with that whole limitation in some game engines of having a free moving player on what is essentially a moving vehicle.

Which is a pity, 'cos I seem to remember walking around a flying chopper in Joint Operations. Or did I dream that? smile_o.gif

Which is a pity, 'cos I seem to remember walking around a flying chopper in Joint Operations. Or did I dream that? smile_o.gif

Joint Operation would be an example of a game that's different than ArmA. You can expect that games that are different than ArmA have different engine limitations, what, with their different engines.

maybe some scripting and addon skilled people may some day make a vehicle elevator that goes up n down. smile_o.gif but thats probably in the far future..

They weren't working right in the video, so I'm assuming BIS just forgot about them. Besides, stairs are more exciting. biggrin_o.gif

I think before that video BIS hoped to improve the phisics engine in a way you could stand on a moving object.

They did a great job on "improving" this, but failed in completing it. Therefore I think the elevator would be too buggy to work. (let aside the MP compatibility)

Maybe if they added a seat like script to the elavator of course that would make the elavator risky if there is enemies cause you would have to select Get Out

How very odd playing a Bezerk map I spawned inside the Hotel and inside an Elevator!

They can be found on the ground floor of elevators behind the desk and the doors, but it seems you can't go back in once you leave. It was just pure fluke that I seemed to spawn inside it at all, but at least we know they're there now! xmas_o.gif

Aside from walking through the 'second' door, I don't understand what was wrong with it.

In the past and OFP

Elevators were possible on active objects

You can lift a vehicle as long as its active (player in it)

same for people ,elevator wouldn't work for AI afaik

what fun wouldn't it be to send a stachel charge up to the floor you suspected a enemy to be on, and hope that he\she hears the elevator, and standding by to open fire when it stops.... tounge2.gifnotworthy.gif