Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Can i put my download game on disc

Does anyone know if i can put my download version of the game onto disc. I am about to buy another motherboard, so i will have to reinstall the game.

Also i cannot remember what version i had when i downloaded the game, all i remember is that it was the german one, and i downloaded it last November, i'm thinking that its either 1.01 or 1.02...but what i need to know is, will the 1.08 patch this from the versions i have mentioned, or is there anyother patches i need first. Thanks!

Hey, if you still have the original exe that you downloaded when you bought it, that should be fine. You might have a few issues with reactivation, but I'm sure if you email Morphicon ... which are the German distrubtor's of the game, and to my knowledge is the 1.02 version, then you should have no trouble.

I personally got a crrc error when I placed it onto a disc, but I hope you are not as unlucky as I am! Seems many here have done what you are describing with no trouble, good luck! xmas_o.gif

Can i patch from 1.02 straight to 1.08, or is there anyother patches i need. Thanks!

yes you can burn your downloaded installation files to a DVD. You can also ask to get a download link to the latest version of ArmA.

Just a reminder to everyone, in case this discussion strays to forbidden topics: discussing the methodology of cracks or warez is grounds for instant and permanent ban from these forums.

The discussion so far is fine, just making sure no one accidentally walks themselves into a ban. wink_o.gif

-Ziggy- @ July 29 2007,02:03)]you need to patch 1.02 patch -> 1.05 -> 1.08 whistle.gif

Well I bought my copy from Metaboli. I think thats the name. An they gave me an up-todate download version of the game which is 1.08 when i asked for it. So no patching is required as of yet. Just ask who ever you bought the game from an ask if they have a current version for you to download. Sucks if they dont. Since the patches are big in filesize an what not.

I bought the Czech copy but after two activations it was useless. Even when I asked for more they sent me the same one's over and over. So just bought a hard 505 copy and kept a backup of the patches and works great biggrin_o.gif

It's situations like this that makes me wonder why anyone bothers with these releases at all. If they limit how many times you can install the program, how is it these people stay in business? Look at Valve and Steam to see how it's done properly.

It's situations like this that makes me wonder why anyone bothers with these releases at all. If they limit how many times you can install the program, how is it these people stay in business? Look at Valve and Steam to see how it's done properly.

20 pound was a small price to pay for my excitment of ArmA ... back in the very beginning ... no matter how buggy and my lack of speaking Czech wink_o.gif

20 pound was a small price to pay for my excitment of ArmA ... back in the very beginning ... no matter how buggy and my lack of speaking Czech wink_o.gif

Have to agree!

I couldnt be bothered to wait till Febuary either for the UK 505 version!

So i bought the Czech D/load version back in November! smile_o.gif