Sign in to follow this  
Roughneck

2 PC's behind router cant play in same server

:hlp:I have 2 pc's behind a router "Linksys WRT54G" and two Brand new Combat Operations DVD games from walmart. "

So dont ask if im using the same key"

So my problem is we cant play in the same server 1 pc can get in but when the other joins the server that pc 1 is in it gives connection issues and boots us and the 2nd pc cant connect. We both play fine in different servers at same time just cant be the same one. This really blows as that was the entire purpose of getting two games so my boys can play together.

Anyone have any ideas huh.gif???

each PC has its own ip 1) 192.168.1.100 2) 192.168.1.101

thanks for the help

Hmm, sounds like maybe server is limiting connections to only one from the same IP, or it cant distinguish between the different connections from the same IP which would explain why 1st Player has issues when 2nd tries to join.....

Either that, or router cant distinguish which packets to send to which PC when coming from the same IP{server}.

btw, those arent really different IPs, they are local IPs within your network, aka router. To the server, they are both coming from the same IP.

Dont know if you have already done so, but update to the latest version 1.08 if you havent.

Also you may want to update to the latest firmware for your specific router.

Have you tried different servers?

Some servers don't allow "clone" ip's

Like chaos said, those are your local lan ip's, your still sharing your same internet ip

I don't have multiple copies of Arma and haven't tried.Our family been playing online games for years and have asked several servers to allow same IP

I am behind 3 routers

well that what i was thinking to about the server not allowing same ip connections.  COD2 did the same thing and we had to add this line to the target area  for it to allow them to play in the same server +set net_port 28961  (for pc 1) and pc 2 would have 28962 cause its in the second port on the router. that worked like a charm for them to play cod2 in same server.  But it dont work for Arma.

i know its the local ip. We do share the same ip isnt there a way to change the ip of the second pc?

thanks for the help

:hlp:I have 2 pc's behind a router "Linksys WRT54G" and two Brand new Combat Operations DVD games from walmart. "

So dont ask if im using the same key"

So my problem is we cant play in the same server 1 pc can get in but when the other joins the server that pc 1 is in it gives connection issues and boots us and the 2nd pc cant connect.  We both play fine in different servers at same time just cant be the same one. This really blows as that was the entire purpose of getting two games so my boys can play together.

Anyone have any ideas huh.gif???

each PC has its own ip  1) 192.168.1.100  2) 192.168.1.101

thanks for the help

Quote[/b] ]We both play fine in different servers at same time just cant be the same one.

Okay, so that says your port forwarding is working ok.

Quote[/b] ]So my problem is we cant play in the same server 1 pc can get in but when the other joins the server that pc 1 is in it gives connection issues and boots us and the 2nd pc cant connect.

This should work no problem. It may be a problem with the router itself, if it indeed isn't a server issue.

Seeing as how the WRT54G doesn't have alot of networking tweaking capabilities, it would seem the best chance you have to get it to work properly is to run a CAT5 cable from one PC, to the DMZ port on the router. While allowing the 2nd PC to connect either wirelessly, or being plugged into the main portion of the router.

Only when you're gaming should you be plugged into the DMZ port, as this leaves you vulnerable and not protected by the SPI. When you are not, switch the cable back to the 1-4 LAN ports.

Also, check to see if uPnP is enabled in the router. That might ease some of your issues. Hope that helps smile_o.gif

im not at home but i had my son check the back of the router and he didnt see anything for a dmz port. he said there was just 4 plugs and one for internet. so i guess ill have to buy a new router. Funny thing is the demo plays fine with both pc's. thats why i bought the full games for them.

full games worked the first night, ever since though we cant play in the same server.

demos have worked always in same server

that makes no sense to me

Oh I see. I'm looking over the user manual now, it's not a physical DMZ port, it's a virtual DMZ port. That's my fault, sorry for the misdirection.

For schnicks and giggles when you get home, to use the DMZ feature on your router, you open the Applications and Gaming Menu, click the DMZ menu, click enable, then type in one of the IP addresses you listed above and then Save Changes.

Apparently the new versions of the router are rather 'user disliked,' due to its inconsistent firmware issues. You may be able to flash it with an open source firmware like DD-WRT, but I would strongly suggest trying a different router first, to verify the router is actually the issue.

If the server(s) in question are restricting clients to 1 per IP, no matter how you jig it, putting one PC in the DMZ etc, to the outside world they are all going to be seen to come from the same IP so it almost certainly won't make any difference.