Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

XAM 1.3 Released

GOD DAMN SLOW FORUM.

Makes me keep double posting.

blahblah. people without not working on missions with blahblah.

Don't allow people without the mod to play then?

Make them go download it...

we can't. we need password for grab the file.

look my previous message ...

FTW (?)

English version is already 1.3.1

Edit : When I uploaded the torrent, I didn't know it was 1.3.1 but it is

Got it .

I thought you wanted the english version. The patch you talk about is only needed for the french version.

English version = no patch needed

Hey, was running this online a few times. The sounds are great really improves the atmosphere.

The only reason why I quit using it was because the standard blufor troops are changed into jarheads. Since the mod has its own ACU troops why weren't these kept as the standard with the marines still available in the editor?

Bloody brown digital cammies make blufor look exactly like opfor on shitty PCs like mine. Keep up the good work though, if future versions give you the option to set your 'default blufor uniforms' then I'll give it a shot again.

GREAT WORK all.

I just love the ghillie's best.

I love flying around in those blackhawks with some good ol' war music.

notworthy.gif

NICE WORK !!! notworthy.gif but I hate that 3D view. Could I somehow change that view to normal.

Quote[/b] ]wika_woo Offline

How do I enable the music?

Quote[/b] ]wika_woo Offline

How do I enable the music?

1st of all you have to be in a blackhawk (transporter), select this in the editor mode.

Then Once you are in the Blackhawk, select radio station in the bottom right menu of your HUD.

then something that looks like a Head Unit will pop up.

Turn up the tunes and just cruise.. lol..

I'm sure this has been addressed but the thread is getting too big for me to read completely. So if someone gets in a tizzy cause I asked again, I sincerely apologize.

That said... has anyone else had problems with loading a save for dynamic mission or EvolutionSP after playing for a little bit? I've run into this the past few days. I start the mission(either with XAMv1.3 activated from the beginning or not using it from beginning then after a while using it next time I load.) After I play for a bit, next time I start the game and load it crashes everytime for either mission. Now, I always make a bunch of backup save for both dynamic mis and EvoSP but they all CTD. Kronzky said it may be the fact that XAMv1.3 adds a bunch more variables and since the devs wont address the save/variable issue, the saves CTD. He wasn't positive of this though.

It works fine with vista (run installer as admin)

only problem is we tried this mod on MP with 6 or 7 guys, and the amount of errors our server generated (= lag) it eventually crashed after a few hours.

Really good pack though, but like i've been told, you're trying to mod something that is already buggy.

Is there anyway to open the .Pbo and just extract the Ghille Suits? This is probably the only thing I want from this mod (I dont care about the sounds, missions or anything else...)

The only problem is I cant seem to find them in the characters.pbo

Is there anyway to open the .Pbo and just extract the Ghille Suits? This is probably the only thing I want from this mod (I dont care about the sounds, missions or anything else...)

Hi smile_o.gif

Take a look inside XAM_GAVR.pbo wink_o.gif

Cheers

Hi smile_o.gif

Take a look inside XAM_GAVR.pbo wink_o.gif

Cheers

THANKYOU!

Cheeeeers indeed!

I like this mod alot. I played 13 hours straight this weekend; that would've never happened with the original Arma. Anyways I'de like to share some ideas for future releases:

1-Making blackhawks and littlebirds more resistant by adding "chaff" command, auditory "missile lock" alarm, fire extinguisher command, making it so that the game decides how much or little damage missiles do (could take 1 shot, or 2, or 3etc...to down it) Making the belly extremely resistant while making sides and windshields and exposed personnel alot less forgiving. Add crew cabin smoke if hit (pressing fire extinguisher button would clear fire)

2.Allowing players boarded on little bird or specially outfitted blackhawks (without rows of seats) to shoot there weapons from the air.That would include stingers and Javelins (but locks would take more time and would often be a "yellow" lock.

3.Adding water jet propelled patrol boats (with artillery capabilities and other stuff) and adding clusters of islands and wetlands (like in zatar wetlands map in bf2) to the map. Alot of the Arma map is water and is currently not being utilized. Adding boats to one side( the soviet side); and the Americans would have the blackhawks. This combination would result in alot of fun like we once had in Joint Operations where Blackhawks would go around boat hunting.

4.Also adding the "Dud factor" to ALL rockets and missiles. Meaning the computer would randomly decide when a malfonctioning rocket or missile would be implemented.

5.Adding more torque to the Shilkas so that it climbs hills more easily.

Thank you for the mod!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Err snake shood realy edit the orignal post thats why i did the first one cuz im a fourm whore lol

Mirror 1 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1758

Mirror 2 ftp://armed-assault.de/aa/mods/xam1.3_english.exe

Torrent 1 http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3756514/XAM_1.3_Eng_-_Armed_Assault_mod

i will be seeding the xam mod on my 100mbit line.

The trackers for xam mod please add theys thay will give you more peers & seeds

http://tv.tracker.prq.to/announce

going to update my server to

Name=@-=XAM 1.3 USA-USM 35mbit=-@

ip=72.55.153.123

port=2302

im going to sibmit xam to filefront and fileplanet and fileshack and evrywhare els i got the upload to do it.

I confirm, it does work with Vista.

The only thing i had to do was extract the lot to a new folder and copy the files across my self. Then create a -mod=@xam shortcut.

I like it. I have to questions;

1.Is it possible to swap the soldier models around, so that the Army are the default units and the Marines are the extra ones?

2.I find the third person view a bit odd. Can you tell me how to revert it back to default position please?

Other than those two personal preferences, I think this mod is great. I like particularly the chatter and shouting of the units when in combat. Very atmospheric. Well done.

I think this mod is awesome and i also have Windows Vista Ultimate and there hasent been any problems from what ive seen but i have one question how do you add your own music files to the mod like for the helicopter and all that

after alot of hours testing XAM1.3 i have to say something is completely wrong with it, it crashes some servers completely when shooting the rocket launcher. seems like it cant be used with servers without XAM installed!