Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

XAM 1.3 Released

Do i need the XAM v1.2?

i don't think that is necesary but is horrible the one i have :\

Do i need the XAM v1.2?

i don't think that is necesary but is horrible the one i have :\

Xam 1.03 is stand alone -so no you dont need 1.2 smile_o.gif

Excluding some error messages here and there the MOD is overall pretty well inspired and well polished.

Some minor changes might be required in order to make it "better", especially in terms of :

-CSV Stringtable (Include the english part in the relevant place) in order to avoid having "english" words with "non-english" versions of ArmA.

-Slightly increasing dispersion values might make combat last longer and would make it more immersive, it would be a + in terms of realism as well since it is hard like hell to hit anything in real life, especially in a high stress environment.

-The tracers scripts architecture might need some little tweaks to avoid having'em disappear in "condensed battlefields" with a lot of vehicles and units.

Regards,

TB84

Download seems to have gone fine. Awesome sounds and everything.

But whenever I try to use the onboard radio in either a humwee or a C&C Stryker it just disappers.. and clue on what I'm doing wrong?

6th sense is config addons not a full mod like XAM whistle.gif

I beg to differ, sir!

Anyways, a buddy and I had a good time blowing up bad guys with HE strikes (are they supposed to last 10 minutes) and a few well-placed bounding mines. Good job guys.

One gripe tho, sometimes the bounding mines (and maybe other AP mines as well, we didn't try) are a bit quick on the trigger when you're placing them - we blew ourselves up quite a few times trying to get clear of our own creations. It was quite hillarious at the time but could be a liability in a "serious" mission.

Excluding some error messages here and there the MOD is overall pretty well inspired and well polished.

Some minor changes might be required in order to make it "better", especially in terms of :

-CSV Stringtable (Include the english part in the relevant place) in order to avoid having "english" words with "non-english" versions of ArmA.

-Slightly increasing dispersion values might make combat last longer and would make it more immersive, it would be a + in terms of realism as well since it is hard like hell to hit anything in real life, especially in a high stress environment.

-The tracers scripts architecture might need some little tweaks to avoid having'em disappear in "condensed battlefields" with a lot of vehicles and units.

Regards,

TB84

"-Slightly increasing dispersion values might make combat last longer and would make it more immersive, it would be a + in terms of realism as well since it is hard like hell to hit anything in real life, especially in a high stress environment."

That is true. Can you make there (in some next version of XAM) option to trun on "REALISTICS DISPERSION" which means that all hand and turrets mounted weapons have:

a) higher (double) recoil in compare with current state

b) half or third accurate to the current stat

That can be maybe made by an SWITCH which can be set in mission in editor, or in mission config.

In real battle soldiers are not so much accurate, and when you something hit on high distance (150 or more) you have luck.

Great job. Works great. Installed easily.

Played the BUDS missions with it and it made it much more enjoyable. Now we just need a English manual to figure out how to use most of it and maybe some bug fixes.

Once again great job.

Regards,

TB84

Hey TB welcome to the ArmA part of the forums! smile_o.gif

Sorry for OT!

Is there any way of changing the songs available on the UH 60s radio.

Is there anyway of using the addons we had previously installed with this mod?

Great job. Works great. Installed easily.

Played the BUDS missions with it and it made it much more enjoyable. Now we just need a English manual to figure out how to use most of it and maybe some bug fixes.

Once again great job.

what mission is that, couldnt google it, do u have a link pls?

I played with the XAM mod and it seems a little buggy, I lost the ability to zoom witch was also anoying.

Other than that I loved it, I have to say that the various minor changes make a load of difference and overall its a large improvement.

Think I got that mission set off of armaholic. I was playing the 3rd mission where you take out the D-30's/AA on top of the mountains. The second mission is a SEAL beach mission.

BTW, I have never had any problems with ArmA. CTD's/graphics, etc... Game runs smooth as silk with everything on High. I run it on 1024x768 with 16:4 widescreen on a 22 in flat screen.

My specs:

HP xw8200=

two 3.4Ghz 64bit Xeons

2Gbyte DDR2 RAM

four 70Gbyte 10,000 RPM Ultrawide SCSI hard drives in RAID 10.

evga PCI-e 7600 GS 512Mbyte (no fan version)

MERC keyboard (awesome for ArmA)

Microsoft wireless mouse

Saitek x52 full setup Stick/throttle/pedals

Windows XP SP2 32bit version

Any way of using our own sound tracks in the Black Hawks radio?

Regards,

TB84

"-Slightly increasing dispersion values might make combat last longer and would make it more immersive, it would be a + in terms of realism as well since it is hard like hell to hit anything in real life, especially in a high stress environment."

That is true. Can you make there (in some next version of XAM) option to trun on "REALISTICS DISPERSION" which means that all hand and turrets mounted weapons have:

a) higher (double) recoil in compare with current state

b) half or third accurate to the current stat

That can be maybe made by an SWITCH which can be set in mission in editor, or in mission config.

In real battle soldiers are not so much accurate, and when you something hit on high distance (150 or more) you have luck.

Please keep "realistic dispersion". Do not make any HD-mags/weapons.

If anyone want longer firefights and less precision from the AI open up your xxx.armaprofile and change the AI precision. That way you can keep the weapons realistic regarding dispersion, have the AI high skilled (aggresive and "smart") but have them to miss more.

I use this:

skillFriendly=0.771426;

skillEnemy=0.768620;

precisionFriendly=0.400000;

precisionEnemy=0.400000;

I´m going to raise the precision as they right now are a little to bad at hitting anything. Its ok as infantry but also choppers and tanks miss a little to much.. 0.4 was my first test and I havent had time to play/test more..

Just installed XAM on our Server. We think its mostly brill, however, the difficulty levels are screwed. No tags? etc

I know XAM ships with Simulation and Extreme Simulation (which have their pro's and cons), but is there anyway to overwrite it back to default cadet/vet mode etc?

This mod looks truly awesome, but its a pretty big down load when the only place you'll get to use it is in the editor.

It is completely 100% unbalanced... not one mod for east.... is there a server anywhere that will run this lop sided mod, it really is a pity cause it 'looks' very nice....sigh....

have to agree, not having tags is a bit annoying, especially when you cant zoom in to see if the guy running down the street is a friendly or not. Also can you call arty if your just a squad in trouble, i can get it from the humvee ok but i cant figure out how you call it when you dont have a humvee (i.e. in a town and cant move because of armour)

The No tags option has always infuriated me.

Yes its realistic, but in real life you can recognise people's faces/build/mannerisms/clothing in staggering detail. In ArmA you are lucky to get a poor quality distinguishable custom face, and even then its far too hard even at short to medium distances.

Yep Gotta Agree 76, excellent mod but wont be on our servers due to the reason you state, no east equivalent mod. lopsided engagments

I asked this on one of the first pages but I wasn't able to find an answer(Alas, I didn't look to hard). I apologize upfront if it's been answered already.

Anyways, has the XAM squad made any SP campaigns or missions to go along with this Mod? I found a few missions in the XAM forums but haven't been able to get em going and the readme's weren't to helpful.

--Manzilla--

Realism, Realism, Realism, Realism... I love to write the word Realism. What do I love more than the word..... A debate/argument regarding what is/isn't "real" enough in a video game. Anyone else share my love?

This mod is just excellent...I like everything (except the loss of the zoom)

Great job!  thumbs-up.gif

Love the radio in the blackhawk. biggrin_o.gif