Sign in to follow this  
Mike31

Mikes Weopon Sound Mod

Here is a weapon sound mod I have been working on for some time know.

These Sounds were found from videos and other games close to the realism of the sounds.

Sound Changes:

Ak74

PK

SVD

M4

M21

M249

M240

RPG

Grenade Explosion

and my favorite the Supersonic cracks.

Hope you like it and if you have any Suggestions please tell me. This is just a beta and I will be working on more.

What to do:

Mainly Explosions of all sort

Body hits

Ricochets

Installation:

Create a mod folder in your main ArmA directory. Doesn't matter what you name it. Then put a Addons folder in it. Then unzip the file and put the weopons.pbo in the Mod folder/Addons.

Make a short Cut with the lines -nomap -nosplash -mod=@Mikes (This can be names what ever you want) behind the main destination of ArmA of the target field. Example

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@Mikes

Also do not use this with any other sound mod

Download link:

http://files.filefront.com/Mikes31Weoponszip/;8167768;;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy!!!

There's no AK47 in ArmA crazy_o.gif

And how about a youtube video? smile_o.gif

There's no AK47 in ArmA crazy_o.gif

And how about a youtube video? smile_o.gif

agree about the youtube video pls smile_o.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p9F6F2G5n3k

Here is the first one don't mind the crack sound on my profile becuase thats a old crappy version. These Sounds were made a little back back but have not got a any major difference.

Lol sorry guys its really weird how the sounds work on ArmA. in the Sound file there is a Ak47 sound so I edited that. When I whent to the Ammo crate and picked up a AK74 it sounded different then the Ak74 the Riflemen Uses in the SLA. Its weird. But it shouldn't be like that becuase I made the Ak74 sounds the Same as the Ak47 right after I herd the difference.

If you want a video of all the Guns I will be happy to do so.

I dont like the sound in that video, it mkaes it sound bigger than what it is if ya get me.

I dont like the sound in that video, it mkaes it sound bigger than what it is if ya get me.

I dont get ya...explain your self

Fraps makes the Sounds louder; when your In game its diffrent.

Fraps makes the Sounds louder; when your In game its diffrent.

I think he meant the uber-hollywood´ish style of the sounds.

I don't know what you mean have you tried it? I think there pretty real.

Watched the youtube video, and by comparison with my youtube videos i can say - not my kind of taste smile_o.gif

I agree with the dramatized hollywood sounds, no affense to the maker. You just have to go to a range of some sort. There are lots of gun clubs that shoot all kinds of auto weapons.

A lot of them are from the Insurgency mod. I been to the Shooting range and shot a AK-74 and It made my ears ring for the first time.Its a loud gun... But I will check in to it more smile_o.gif

no offense but the ak-74 on the video sounded more like some AA gun firing than some assault rifle

with chammys and all the other great sound mods, I think that sadly ur mod will get ran over. Maybe try a different approach to the sound thing, like u could do some extra effects mod.

The video sounds made me think of mashed potatoes for some strange reason. The AK could work as AA gun sound as someone stated...

I'd like to see a good blood mod where i don't have heal myself with a kit and stuff...

Your sound mod isn't too bad, but unfortunately with chammy's sound mod, he's gonna be changing every sound that you can think of in the game (not just weapon sounds) so that will pretty much make it the #1 sound mod around.

I'd like to see some really good blood mods, I tried that one guys mod where the blood drips and stuff but the blood drops are all the same everytime and i hated having to use a medkit to stop bleeding, i'd rather just it just keep bleeding for certain amount of time then stop or somethin...

But it shouldn't be like that becuase I made the Ak74 sounds the Same as the Ak47 right after I herd the difference.

Curious about this as I havent heard an ak74 in real life. I thought the sounds from an ak47 and ak74 should be different as ak47 is 7.62 and ak74 is 5.45?