Sign in to follow this  
stegman

Ugly Bugs

Not sure if any one else has seen this, thought I'd ask before trying to log it on the bug tracker thingy, or maybe it could be to do with my drivers..

After upgrading to version 1.08 I'm starting to see some crazy things.

(([EDIT:First up was the "extended window" glitch.  On the harrier, the cockpit canopy juts out and stretches around to the engine intake!]

After installing new graphic drivers, this glitch / bug has gone. ))

OK, how about the "Infinite grass and earth" glitch.

I forget the exact coordinates, but it was to the north, near a bridge.  A section of the ground has come up and stretches off into the distance, over the sae and out of view!

grass.jpg

Still not weird enough?

Then we have glitch #3.  What i like to call the "evil crab claws of doom" glitch!  When a soldier perfors the News reporters animations his hands turn into these giant, evil, scarey Crab Claws of Doom!

hands.jpg

So, what do you think?  Game or Hardware drivers?  Bare in mind that all was ok before 1.08... crazy_o.gif

And funny :P.

But yeah ive seen the 'claws of doom' bug before.. its common with the model of the news reporter for some reason and the animations are messed up... did you place the news reporter in the editor or something? or is this in the campaign itself?

Havent heard of the other two bugs...though occassionally i have seen the distance grass layer be too high and you can walk through it up to your knees...

Screenies would be helpful.

I'll grab some tonight.

Also i saw the reporter hands int he object viewer i downloaded.

The Return of Edward Sicssors Hands and new Wife maybe?

tounge2.gif Also the Vehicles Glass when inside the hangers you can look though the glass and see right though the hangers i said about this bug as soon as i got 1.08 but confused_o.gif there is lots of bugs but we arnt gona get patched untill after the release of the expansion.

The Return of Edward Sicssors Hands and new Wife maybe?

tounge2.gif Also the Vehicles Glass when inside the hangers you can look though the glass and see right though the hangers i said about this bug as soon as i got 1.08 but  confused_o.gif there is lots of bugs but we arnt gona get patched untill after the release of the expansion.

guess your right, but we can have fun laughing at them! biggrin_o.gif

sounds like your graphics card is overheating or overclocked (hence overheating) have you cleaned the fan and heatsinks recently? same goes for the rest of your PC download a program caled Everest. it will show temperatures of your PC. anything above 55-60 isnt so great. it should run cooler than that at idle, graphics cards are always hot, but you should be able to touch it without gettting burned!

i think the problem your talking about is called artifacting or something similar

Havent heard of the other two bugs...though occassionally i have seen the distance grass layer be too high and you can walk through it up to your knees...

Thats not a bug, thats just to show grass in the distance ... makes the FPS higher if it does'nt have to draw grass from range, or so says Dsylexi smile_o.gif

Thats not a bug, thats just to show grass in the distance ... makes the FPS higher if it does'nt have to draw grass from range, or so says Dsylexi  smile_o.gif

Noo, sorry i should have clarified. I mean the 'distance' grass layer is present right at your feet so you end up walking through a floating layer.. instead of you only seeing it at a distance wink_o.gif

I don;t get that with the Reporter but I only get that in Evolution when the people are discoing

grass.jpg

I get this too, at first i thought my Vid card was over heating, but I realized it was at a normal temprature. Hmm, it can get annoying, at least it doesnt happen in MP...

Did you remove all addons? The soldier bug looks like a wrecked cfgmodels.

Seen this with tree's BUT there stretched upwards. Try changing the shading details and restarting the game which solved my problem. i changed the setting from low to high.

And no it is not due to V card overheating only 70c when playing which leaves plenty of room for even a overclock.

I get that second one sometimes. I'm sure it's an engine glitch, because it's literally part of the terrain. Artifacting from overheating moves with you as you move. That happens when I put my texture detail any higher than "low". This is different. I usually see it on the east of North Sahrani. Near Masbete. It takes different forms though - sometimes there's a texture that looks like the old OFP bushes, but stretched along the ground for hundreds of metres. You can walk up to it, along it, through it, no worries. It's just a pain because you can't see through it, even though for all intents and purposes it isn't really there. It's only 2D as well.

Other times it's simply a wall of grass texture. As in, a knee high wall of the grass overlay that normally replaces grass at range. You walk up to it and it doesn't disappear. Walk through it and it's gone, walk back and there it is. Again, not game breaking, but it could be a problem if you're playing a mission and someone's behind it. Or at least, behind where your PC's drawing it.

Yeah, the gras bug was at the North East of the island.

And no I don't have any addons installed (yet).

It's all funny any way, not really an issue. smile_o.gif

Have you seen any other "Ugly Bugs"?

I've seen "The Thing" bug a while ago and posted a thread on it but unfortunately didn't take any screenshots. I killed an OPFOR officer and when he fell to the ground he looked like that guy with the wierd hands but much worse. More like the thing frozen in the ice in the movie.

"But I've known Lt. Jennings all my life. He's my friend!"

"That wasn't Jennings. That was one of those things out there,trying to imitate him"

smile_o.gif

"But I've known Lt. Jennings all my life. He's my friend!"

"That wasn't Jennings. That was one of those things out there,trying to imitate him"

smile_o.gif

rofl.gif

LOL!

Not an effect due to overheating. There's lots of similar reports, look through the threads. I remember one, where I posted a similar issue into. Vehicles and parts of the islands geometry spread with sharp edges and rectangles. The thread had the word "urchin" (or "sea urchin") in its title. Look it up. It's most obvious a bug since 1.08. All had this after patching. I myself only had it twice with 1.08. Don't ask me how I got rid of it (maybe it was alt-tabbing, maybe one of the 6-7 times reinstall, how knows).