Sign in to follow this  
USMC NEEDER

Any AAV7's?

Well, they both look good. Although I do hope that SFOR marking comes optional, hmmwv. smile_o.gif

EDIT - I recommend you send some wireframe pics into the WIP thread so the modelling nutters there can give you a draw over to fix any problems you have, e.g. the wheels.

not only unneeded, also stupid and wrong. spain was in iraq... so make your homework Tawalkana, before writing bullsh!t! banghead.gif

EEK OMG.. Spain sent what 500 troops to Iraq? The Spanish Navy.. I'm guessing 1990 from NATO so they where forced to sent troops. So don't talk to me that the Spanish have been in a war since Iraq doesn't even have a Navy. Last time Spain was ever in a war was in 1898. They pussy'd out in both World Wars.

They are NATO and have not even been to Afghanistan. Instead of sending troops they are allowing their bases to be staging points for the US... Like we really needed that since we could just land in Japan or Kuwait...

They pussy'd out in both World Wars.

Actually they did serve in WWII but the majority of the serving soldeirs where on the wrong side...spanish serving in WWII

Nice looking AAV7 you guys have there. I'll be happy with any one of thoses models... thumbs-up.gif

Great model (AAV7) NZXSHADOWS and nice screenshots notworthy.gif

Awesome model. I've been waiting for this to make a USMC campaign.

I just need a CH-46 and Ch-53 sad_o.gif

Looking good, if the mod makers have any questions about AAVs at all I'm an Amtrac marine and can tell you just about anything you'd want to know about an AAVP7a1.

A couple suggestions: the center return roller should be raised just a bit, there should be a horn above the port aft brake light (looks like a small black circular item if woodland camo), and the top of the the ramp should be less tall and should form like a little lip.

If you want to make the gear more realistic you should cross a tow cable diagonally from either fore mooring cleat to the opposite for towing eye as most AAV units use this as a safeyy precaution to help be able to tow a damaged trac out of danger quickly. It is something that unit SOP usually decides.

You could also add a hmmv tire to be strapped to the front or have one the the tow ropes draped accross the front with both ends strapped to the fore mooring cleats. This would also be something decided by unit SOP as it helps protect the vehicle from damage when impacting and also helps keeping telephone cables and power lines from smacking the driver in the face while driving.

Last, remember that the commander in an AAV sits in the gunner's position. The three crew positions would be driver, crew chief (commander/gunner), and rear crewman (sits in the troop compartment/dungeon).

excellent work and I hope you get to release soon biggrin_o.gif

Awesome model.  I've been waiting for this to make a USMC campaign.

And an UH-1N...and an UH-1Y...and an MV-22...and a LAV-25...and an LCAC...and a Wasp class LHD or/and Tarawa class LHA...and a HIMARS...and an M777...and an S-MAW...and an F-35B...and a Marine F/A-18C/D... whistle.gif

Oh it's still 7 months until christmas??? maybe if I send the letter to Santa now he will be ready with them by December...if the deers help him out a bit rofl.gif

Anyways Tack-up currently working on an USMC CH-46, but it's been a while since I've heard anything about it...and there's an IDF CH-53 already released.

Off: By the way what backround setting would your campaign take?

Awesome model. I've been waiting for this to make a USMC campaign.

And an UH-1N...and an UH-1Y...and an MV-22...and a LAV-25...and an LCAC...and a Wasp class LHD or/and Tarawa class LHA...and a HIMARS...and an M777...and an S-MAW...and an F-35B...and a Marine F/A-18C/D... whistle.gif

Oh it's still 7 months until christmas??? maybe if I send the letter to Santa now he will be ready with them by December...if the deers help him out a bit rofl.gif

Anyways Tack-up currently working on an USMC CH-46, but it's been a while since I've heard anything about it...and there's an IDF CH-53 already released.

Off: By the way what backround setting would your campaign take?

Yea, I saw that someone was working on the CH-46 but I haven't seen anything on it in a while.

I've also seen the IDF CH-53, but I do not know how to get an USMC texture on it.

Sahrani is occupied by the Russians...I think you can figure the rest out. Still debating though if I want this..

Yea, I saw that someone was working on the CH-46 but I haven't seen anything on it in a while.  

I've also seen the IDF CH-53, but I do not know how to get an USMC texture on it.

Sahrani is occupied by the Russians...I think you can figure the rest out. Still debating though if I want this..

Well I think in a few months we will have about a ton of Marine addons seeing how many enthusiastic are part of the community smile_o.gif (but maybe that's why nobody's done these already, thinking that there are others already making/made them huh.gif )

Just an idea: In the meantime maybe you could do the frame of your campaign with some "replacements" (for example I use MAP Chinook as CH-46, Hawk's Nimitz for LHD, stock M113 as AAV7 icon_rolleyes.gif I know it needs some imagination biggrin_o.gif ) and when the addon cames out you just implement it into what you have already done.

For me I borrowed the idea from the original Ghost Recon story (big credit to Mr Clancy biggrin_o.gif ) for my campaign set on the original OPF worlds. But I'm still debating too smile_o.gif

For those Jarhead lovers here

USMC mod

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....58;st=0

They have an AAAV-7 WIP

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7430/mc021lvtp7ap1.jpg

Gnat is developing some very interesting add-ons for the USMC lovers

Gnat's V-22

http://members.iinet.net.au/~nrspence/ArmA/MV-22_7.jpg

There is also a WIP LCAC also by Gnat

I think there's someone working in an LHA and a LPH. If we couple this with Gnat's Arma Navy

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....33;st=0

And also with the incredible scripting skills of the all-powerful mandoble (his mando airfields script suite can be used so the helicopters and other vehicles properly land in ships) we could have a fairly good MEU-SOC in ArmA.