Sign in to follow this  
Kowi

Out of reserved memory....Code change required...?

Hello friends of Ofp,

in the last days I got serious trouble with my Ofp, Version 1.96. When I want to start a mission or even a campaign, game crashes and I land on my desktop. crazy_o.gif The following error message appears:

"Out of reserved memory (16384 KB).

Code change required (current limit 524288).

Total free 432875 KB

Free blocks 568, Max free size 6985."

I already reinstalled the game, with no other effect, game crashes furthermore. I read in other forums, that it might be running with launching the preferences and choosing "autoditect". I tried that and chose other values for total memory too. The error appeared also. Has anybody a hint how to handle the problem, I'm really frustrated with that. I can't wait to get my daily Ofp-dosis. Ofp is the best game ever. Thanks folks, greetz

System Microsoft WinXP Pro SP2, Ver 5.1 Build 2600

Motherboard ASUS P5B Deluxe, Socket 775

CPU 2x Intel Core 2 6600 @ 2400 MHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache

RAM 2x 1024MB MDT DDR2 @ 800MHz, PC2-6400 DDR2 CL5

BIOS AMI BIOS, Ver 08.00.12, Date: 03/09/07

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Graphics Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro @ 400 MHz, 256 MB DDR2, driver Ver 6.14.10.6660

Guest Ti0n3r

Add -nomap to the OFP shortcuts target field.

You will laugh! I already got that...effectless. Thx for reply either

One of the addons might be causing the error (for me it did, after I installed a particular addon, can't remember what it was though).

If you haven't already, divide your addons into logical modfolders, and try to pin down the addon causing problems (never hurts to keep your addonfolders clean).

I'll try that too. But for now I solved the problem. biggrin_o.gif It's a shame, but I went into the ingame-options and lowered my graphic details to "low", with a view distance (visibility) of nearly 2000m and decreased visiual quality and suddenly there was no crash again. I already worked with a resolution of 1024 x 768. The other measures I heard from, for instance to defragmenting my hard disk or set the system cache in Windows on "handle by system", didn't work too. So therefore it seems to be a graphics problem caused by some modfiles. I remember that there was no trouble without a modifiction with the same system configuration in former times. So anybody shall be carefull with the addons he installs. I'll inform you when I found out which mod causes this kind of problems. So long, I find it ridiculous to play on such low graphic parameters with this system notworthy.gif :

System Microsoft WinXP Pro SP2, Ver 5.1 Build 2600

Motherboard ASUS P5B Deluxe, Socket 775

CPU 2x Intel Core 2 6600 @ 2400 MHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache

RAM 2x 1024MB MDT DDR2 @ 800MHz, PC2-6400 DDR2 CL5

BIOS AMI BIOS, Ver 08.00.12, Date: 03/09/07

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Graphics Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro @ 400 MHz, 256 MB DDR2, driver Ver 6.14.10.6660

I tried it with creating modfolders, like Ti0n3r suggested. Packed my different BWMod and MAP-Addons into different campaignfolders in the flashpoint rootdirectory. How to use modfolders is described very good here in german: http://ofpc.de/article.xhtml?id=56. After that I used Kegetys ofp-launcher and increased graphic quality again. When starting the campaign all works fine like in former times and it doesn't crash any longer. That really worked it out, so thx to Ti0n3r. So the main problem seem to be caused by one of the famous mapfact- or BWMOD-Addons. Now I can go on fighting virtual enemies and not my own system biggrin_o.gif And the greatest thing of all, I can use the all my mods again. yay.gif