Sign in to follow this  
Rogueci5

Desync with E 3.0

Hi all

Didnt really know where to post/ask this so forgive if its the wrong forum

Ev 1.5 played if with out a hitch for ages. Ev 3.0 and on a server run by my ISP I am getting lots of Desynch messages to the point where its really not worth playing. Interfears every 5 minutes at least.

I have checked my connection etc, play in a different server (as soon as I exited Ev 3.0) running different co-op with more players in it, and smooth as silk.

Game is standard patched to latest.

bad server config.

Well, that can be too, when is noone connecting and desync appears, there is probaly problem with internet connection speed or server config.

But i think that EVO have some problems when new player is connected to the game. That is independent on server speed(thru monitor was speed constant on 48-49fps) or server config. We have tested that on C2D 6340 CPU, 2GB RAM, clean EVO, only one player in game and another in connecting progress....and desync is there automaticaly (10000). We try every possible configuration (number of messages, size of packets, EVERYTHING, but nothing helps). That was tested on 100Mbit ETHERNET LAN network (0-1ms ping/echo), and still there.

No mods, different players and another one server (another HW) too, nothing helps.  Maybe is that problem in ARMA game, maybe there is no desync in real, but you only see red mark on screen and desync number 10000.

Hi guya and sorry I was not back to this very quick, work has been hell

Ok

Anunnaki: that is what is happening mate, and because we have so few Australian servers, I guess lots of people are comming and going,

Its killed me more times than the AI lol

CodeSkyWolf: it could be that as well, I am sure they just slapped it up without much thought, however what Anunnaki is describing is whats happening my side.

bad server config.

Well, that can be too, when is noone connecting and desync appears, there is probaly problem with internet connection speed or server config.

But i think that EVO have some problems when new player is connected to the game. That is independent on server speed(thru monitor was speed constant on 48-49fps) or server config. We have tested that on C2D 6340 CPU, 2GB RAM, clean EVO, only one player in game and another in connecting progress....and desync is there automaticaly (10000). We try every possible configuration (number of messages, size of packets, EVERYTHING, but nothing helps). That was tested on 100Mbit ETHERNET LAN network (0-1ms ping/echo), and still there.

No mods, different players and another one server (another HW) too, nothing helps.  Maybe is that problem in ARMA game, maybe there is no desync in real, but you only see red mark on screen and desync number 10000.

Had same problem at ses server while we were testing versions up to v3.0. I think it was found but could be wrong to be something with the server.cfg settings and how the server distributes bandwidth to jip players.

I know Wildgoose was tinkering with the server settings for going on 2 months till he found half a decent settings.

I think SES server is also a 3.2ghz cpu with 2gb of ram but not sure. Also have a limit on custom face/sound sizes, dont know if this makes a difference. Regularily run evolution 3.0 with 30 people, im not gonna lie it aint lag free all the time, but was much, much better with dysnc only turning up once in say 10-15min on a public server(ie people connecting and disconnecting.)

Arhhh thanks for that update stobbsy oh well theres nothing I can do about that then.

Cheers