Sign in to follow this  
spetznaz14

Fog bug again!!!!

Whats the big deal anyway?

Is this a "combat photography" thing? confused_o.gif .

No, it's not a photography thing - read back through the previous postings in this thread and you will see our concerns.

Mine were specifically around flying the jets at high speeds and the visibility problems the fog bug causes.  To add to that, it's not just a problem when flying towards targets or obstructions, it's also an altitude problem - get to a certain altitude (I haven't got the number but it's not very high) and suddenly the clear day becomes overcast and you are flying above a solid cloud deck.  This cloud deck is not intended by the developer - it's a direct symptom of the fog bug and it interferes with visual target acquisition. Not a showstopper but it sure curtails the value of a gunzo ground attack by the A-10.

Feel free to keep posting though.  Every time you do it bumps the topic to the top of the forum and increases the thread size, which is bound to eventually attract BI's attention. wink_o.gif

Feel free to keep posting though. Every time you do it bumps the topic to the top of the forum and increases the thread size, which is bound to eventually attract BI's attention. wink_o.gif

It won't attract their attention, in fact they'll probably ignore it since they've already fixed it and intend to incorporate the fix in 1.09.

...some people cant run the game because they have vista or 4 gigs of ram confused_o.gif .

You know they are working on this patch and ArmaII, be patient and cheer up, x-mas is around the corner xmas_o.gif .

I have both Vista and 4 gigs of ram but can work around both of these issues, thanks to advice from other users (especially sickboy - thx man).

There is no such work around for the fog bug.  If there were, I would not be posting this.

No more work is required on the fog bug fix - it just needs to be released.

BTW, there is no mention in the tentative fix list posted by Suma of Vista support or a fix for the 4 gigs of ram problem.  His advice was to go to Nvidia and complain about their drivers, so don't hold your breath for the 1.09 patch to address these issues.

Quote[/b] ]No more work is required on the fog bug fix - it just needs to be released.

Releasing any hotfix or patch requires a substantial amount of work, which would cause delays to both the ArmA patch, and to other projects in development.

The fact we know and have implemented a solution is only a part of the work. The hotfix needs to contain an installer, it needs to be tested and distributed. While those tasks may sound trivial to you, in fact they are not.

I am afraid you will have to wait for the patch to get the fix. While the issue is substantial, it is definitely not critical in the sense it is not preventing completely to play the game.

While those tasks may sound trivial to you..

I am afraid you will have to wait for the patch to get the fix.

First, thanks for posting here.

Second, no it does not sound trivial to us. We know that it needs a LOT of work and time to get such fix/patch done. And time is money.

And third point, "wait for the patch" is part of the problem.

- Bug is 12month old.

- Last patch released 6month ago.

- Last news in the "news forum" is 2month old.

So all this "no information" does not help us.

The patch takes time? Ok, no problem, take all the time you need.

But how long do we have to wait?

- a week?

- a month?

- 6 month?

It can't be that hard to give a release date for the patch like: ~1month.

Come on, BIS is no modding-team which is doing some addons in their free time.

So the "it's done when it's done(bullsh*t)" does not count for a company, if you ask me.

We are only asking for help and information, nothing more.

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

While those tasks may sound trivial to you..

I am afraid you will have to wait for the patch to get the fix.

First, thanks for posting here.

Second, no it does not sound trivial to us. We know that it needs a LOT of work and time to get such fix/patch done. And time is money.

And third point, "wait for the patch" is part of the problem.

- Bug is 12month old.

- Last patch released 6month ago.

- Last news in the "news forum" is 2month old.

So all this "no information" does not help us.

The patch takes time? Ok, no problem, take all the time you need.

But how long do we have to wait?

- a week?

- a month?

- 6 month?

It can't be that hard to give a release date for the patch like: ~1month.

Come on, BIS is no modding-team which is doing some addons in their free time.

So the "it's done when it's done(bullsh*t)" does not count for a company, if you ask me.

We are only asking for help and information, nothing more.

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

But remember one thing;

The way you want them to act now is the same way

as ArmA's first version has been released - and that

was a 'no go' for at least more than the half of the comunity.

If they'd give a release date, they would have to stand to

it when it has been reached.

Now if the patch isn't finished at given time (and this is nothing unrealistic through the whole gaming world), they would have two options:

- release an unfinished patch = an angry comunity

- not release it and deleay the patch = an angry comunity

Now which reason would you prefer to get more angry? biggrin_o.gif

~S~ CD

I'd say release it when its done, if they release a patch that fixes the white fog and not much else people will be complaining about other issues one week after patch release:

So far it sounds like 1.09 will fix/tweak quite a few things, important ones too..

I prefer a good information politics by a company.

I do not count the childish part of this community, allways crying and ranting about this and that, as an option.

BIS' "beta-release" of ArmA is history now I don't care anymore. But now is the time to get this game finally DONE.

I as a customer want hard informations now and don't want to getting lynched by the "forum mob" which think, asking BIS about the patch, result in getting the patch 2 month later as a punishment... (like BAS threatens some day, if I remember correct.)

2007 was a year full of working and I(as many others) finally are on holiday, maybe want to play a bit with their favorite game(s). For me, it's ArmA and I want to know if it's worth waiting or if the patch is going to be delayed into the new year.

I repeat myself, it can't be that difficult to give us some informations.

If we got them, BIS can go on and make voice features, anti-cheat stuff, ArmA II, VBS2, future projects or go on holiday themselfs.

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

Anyone here is waiting for next patch and not only little fogbug-fix!!

Make yourself comfortable. Drink some mulled wine, eat cookies and enjoy your holidays. xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Some things in life are bad

They can really make you mad

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble, give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

Anyone here is waiting for next patch and not only little fogbug-fix!!

Make yourself comfortable. Drink some mulled wine, eat cookies and enjoy your holidays. xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Some things in life are bad

They can really make you mad

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble, give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

I'm just waiting for the fog fix lol... they can remove all other parts of the patch for what i care.

So 1.09 fog and do the other changes as 1.10 patch

I'm closing this as it doesn't leads to anything then false accusation and flaming.

Suma already said it: The fog bug will be fixed in the next patch, and unfortunately there will be no hotfix.