Sign in to follow this  
bugkill

ocean insertions.........

anybody know how to make an addon or config that would allow the unit to keep his gear while in the ocean. would like to have missions where units parachute into the ocean or jump out of a hovering aircraft at a safe height without losing their gear.

Try making script that times down till just before the weapons are lost, removes them, then adds them back again one cycle later, then repeat.

I think its very strange to loose all the weapons. I might be a bit realistic that you cannot swim with a javelin on your back or something like that. But also loosing your pistol or main weapon is strange. Especially if you want to do high speed low drag beach insertions and raids from the sea.

I've never lost my pistol? wink_o.gif

Simple option is to place an ammo crate on the beach? biggrin_o.gif

Although i agree not very realistic confused_o.gif

First time here fellas and looking for many answers, but will take it easy on ya! There's many ideas I'd like to share with community as well once I get up to speed.

What would be cool on this subject and an idea..... if there was a SEAL's style frogman script for this ...maybe make them "Soldier" attribute selective. Meaning that you can only use this feature with i.e. Special Forces Charachters...like an engineer couldn't, he'd loose his weapons.

Here's where I'm going with this:

Its almost like you want to add things to other charachter classes similar to what was done with 3.0 or 3.1 of Evolution with the medic/engineer classes which could produce MASH's/FARP's. In turn - you could only do water insertion with Special Forces classes with out loosing weapons.

Now some could say that why not give it to medics too that's unfair???

Well if you could modify the script used for the medic in Evo 3.1 or 3.0, he has to produce a MASH and the MASH could include some basic weaps.

well that's my rant on this lol.

Looking for some answers to importing some models in O2 and with 3ds.....a complete noob to 3ds but not a dolt. I'll post on this else where appropriate.

Thanks!

nag BIS to fix it.

Nag? lol they get that alot already, why not just put it up on the BTS?

I think a script for not losing a weapon when in water would be best connected to the weapon type itself and not the unit that carries it.

Frogman Seal or even Marine Boy, step off the back of a boat cradling an M60 and you will soon be talking to the crabs.