Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

That AWM looks sweet but it's missing the bolt handle. Is that a graphics error?

GD Mast

semi automatic version, god everyone know that

2GD Mast

No offence - but this is more about your eyes. wink_o.gif

This weap has an animation of cartridge case extraction, where bolt handle raises in order to slide back (black on black background - but not too hard to see). Look better and you can also see sliding bolt.

Cheers, Nikita Sergeevich Kh(X)ruschev (real translation of NSX).

This weap has an animation of cartridge case extraction, where bolt handle raises in order to slide back (black on black background - but not too hard to see). Look better and you can also see sliding bolt.

Now I see it aswell icon_rolleyes.gif .

Kinda depressing because it was me that invented it for the Skaven's merceneries pack.

I see you have improved the textures somewhat or is it because of very high settings?

I think it would look much better if you'd retexture the bolt handle knob. It was someone's mistake to add the black shadow underneath it in the first place as there would be no such IRL. The CS modders often overkill the shading.

The soldiers are sweet looking, the Spetsnaz esspecially wink_o.gif.

I may be wrong but i guess ours dont have it cause the fdf config is made to work with the BIS weapons and weaposn that also use the sounds directly from the BIS weapons.

Yes but you can have your sound for your weapons and keep the crack sound of BIS like in the swizerland mod, and then it work with the FDF sound mod.  thumbs-up.gif

Oh and can we expect a release today?  whistle.gif

I may be wrong but i guess ours dont have it cause the fdf config is made to work with the BIS weapons and weaposn that also use the sounds directly from the BIS weapons.

So not really our fault i think ( not the FDF crews either ).

If your weapons/ammo inherited from the BIS ammo properly then it should inherit the crack sound too. It's the way your config is set up that causes that.

In the config I made for Skaven, the one that inherits from the BIS classes properly (and supports the 6thsense tracers), both the BIS and FDF cracks work fine smile_o.gif

Didnt know that, ok added you to the readme credits, if nothign was changed then indeed the new ones should use all cracks, possibly i dont hear that anymore ingame cause im so used tot he FDF sounds.

About release, well i will upload as soon as i get the last translation of readmes, NSX already sent me his work so now im just missing a few short ones.

---EDIT---

The readmes arrived in the email, so things are complete.

Damn, guys, I thunderstrucked with your impatience. Release is today. Without fail. So can you wait a bit more hours with patience? Your phrases won't make it upload faster...

yay.gif Grt work guys. Al the compliments for u work. And sorry to hear u have the problems with the speznatz. They look exelnt. I hope u will find the way too make them work.

1 moore time thx for exelnt work.

All the best.

As a forum newbie...(my apologies for this post in the first place), I would like to say that I am highly eager to get my hands on this add-on wink_o.gif...

Can wait (Barely)... biggrin_o.gif

Wow I'm really happy to see you guys got through all of the troubles and long hours required to do this. I want to personally thank you for all your hard work, and for dealing with the community when it becomes not so friendly. Weapons are looking great, i understand that you have a bunch of different camos included. Only question is, is anyone out there making a replacement pack for each of these camos? I wish you luck on your next version and hope new character models will make an appearance, as long as you can fix that bug that you had mentioned. Though, what you have done with the textures is amazing, the seams and such on the helmets make it look must more like a modern russian helmet instead of the SLA one. All you mission makers out there have some work on your hands now. :P

welcome to the forums Infey!

Good luck with the release to Skaven et al.!

You can see the appreciation and anticipation also from the number of postings in this thread. A few more and it'll catch the " ArmA is just ... disappointing" thread over in general.

When version 3 is due it'll top the count in this section.

What i particularily like and appreciate of the Skaven line of addons is the professional way they are done. It's solid work, with no holes and well thought out from the beginning. No fancy toys, no glam or glitter, no featuritis. This is mainly due to the way they respond to critizism.I've seen several times that something was critizised in this thread, and a couple of postings later it was announced that it was redone in a way better way.

Keep up this open mind, and transport this developement concept to all the modders and teams who're working in secret, defending their errors or jealously try to prevent other people to base their work on theirs.

Quote[/b] ]No offence - but this is more about your eyes.

Ah...your right. icon_redface.gif Hard to see with my monitor.  

GD Mast