Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

...as well as ID software and other serious gamedevs...

Possible answers to THAT line: Where have you been the last 10 years?  welcome.gif Are you all right?  huh.gif  Did you make a serious typo or dropped a serious brainfart?  crazy_o.gif

Anyway, you can't mean that!  tounge2.gif

Would you guys wait a few more days if we add a little Spetsnaz group?

Sure i will wait. smile_o.gif

take your time guys, if you want to release now that's ok, but don't do it out of preassure. Release when you believe it is ready for release.

2GAU8 vs. life

I don't know what you think, but guys from ID are true professionals, no matter what's your attitude to them. I wonder where you've been when they brought classics like Quake series or Doom to our computers...

So just don't perform astonishment reading my phrase. Not looking too wise for me.

Steve and Pedro should work as much as they want, unit they'll be sure that product will have good quality, satisfying their expectations for that.

2GAU8 vs. life

I don't know what you think, but guys from ID are true professionals, no matter what's your attitude to them. I wonder where you've been when they brought classics like Quake series or Doom to our computers...

So just don't perform astonishment reading my phrase. Not looking too wise for me.

Geeze!  crazy_o.gif  I was just joking! Don't get mad over it! rofl.gif

2GAU8 vs. life

Geeze!  crazy_o.gif  I was just joking! Don't get mad over it!  rofl.gif

Edit:

The talk is about deadlines, and ID have one such classic: "It's done when it's done"

And yes, I know they don't want to ruin a nice franchise, like EA would do, by releasing a Duke Nukem in asswipe quality...

...but admit it's ever so funny when they talk to the press! biggrin_o.gif

Would you guys wait a few more days if we add a little Spetsnaz group?

Sure i will wait. smile_o.gif

I will wait too, it will be better with Spetsnaz included.

@NSX

True, the rule i always quote - never tell any release date - was broken by myself in a moment of insanity

Anyway, heres a Spetsnaz tease, nothing fancy just a edited BIS model.

newspetsnazaw4.jpg

well thats what i call a teaser, damn nice looking specz

nice hats, but cant u make several kinds of those, like berets or hates with drawings or so..

hope u got my point .. thanx again regards

nice hats, but cant u make several kinds of those, like berets or hates with drawings or so..

Yes but not in this version, these here are just a compromise to have some at least bit different looking units as spetsnaz.

They will also come in Partizan camo i think.

@Shadow NX

Ahahaha, looks like BIS has it's own ingame spetsnaz, according to the patches rofl.gif ...good look so far. Check your PMs for further notices. wink_o.gif

Yes but not in this version, these here are just a compromise to have some at least bit different looking units as spetsnaz.

They will also come in Partizan camo i think.

well alright man.. really cant wait for v.3 already, awsome work

sorry, just woundering.. are u working on any fighters in v.3 ?

a mig-15 or a Su-25 would be great tounge2.gif

but well am just wounderign xmas_o.gif

regards

ahh amazing nice to see new models also spetsnaz dont normally wear barets into battle so i hated the bis units having em oh btw ive been through the translation many times but cant seem to find a definitive answer is it spetznaz or spetsnaz? or even spetsnas ive seen alot of translations but gernally just like the word Tsar one is more correct than the other

i think its spetsnaz, but who cares if it was spetsnaz or spetznaz or whatever, they look awsome tounge2.gif

Translit: Spetsnaz

Voyska spetsialnogo naznacheniya

cyrillic alphabet

lol well apparently the forum can't handle cyrillic characters.

but I'm pretty sure it's spetsnaz

Spetsnaz is normal translit varient...however pronounciation in english allows you to call them specnaz I guess. Spetsnaz is abreviation from voiska spetsial'nogo naznacheniya or special-purpose troops in english...

Ah thanks for the answer. Though the long version really doesnt help since the only question is which cyrillic letter translates to which english one. Also how u have to change it so it makes the correct sound. I agree that spetsnaz is probably the most correct

of course it helps, it's exactly where the abreviation spetsnaz comes from crazy_o.gif

I even bolded it whistle.gif

Sweet looking Spetsnaz, Shadow NX. thumbs-up.gif

Oh ... and i really, really miss the excellent RHS GRU-Units. Especially the one with the cowl (hood). Do u have any plans to add something similar to a further release/pack? Would be lovely! inlove.gif

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif