Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

^ agreed, I suck at making missions.

Are there any fan made SP missions I can play with these weapons?.

So far I have just been making target ranges and such playing around with them.

I cannot figure out the scripts aspects ect. nore do I have the time too.

Manzilla & TristanYockell;

The "replacement" packs are what you need.

They will replace all the BIS standard SLA units in your missions/campaign with either the Marines or VDV (including the weapons), depending on which replacement pack you choose. (you can only use one at a time)

Marines Replacement file by William1

VDV Replacement file by William1

They replace the weapons? I've used those packs since they were released and I've never seen a single weapon from this pack. They only replace the units. Open them up and check it out. Thanks though.

I have been using William1's Marine replacement pack since day 1, and yes, it does replace the weapons.

There is also a "MP compatible" replacement pack by <s>William1</s> Kenbow, (Link) which does not replace the weapons in order to make it compatible with MP servers. This is probably what you have.

I can assure you 100% that the packs I linked (William1's packs) replace the weapons.

Where are all the other weapons then? AK74Cobra RPK74? Where is the double clips with the blue tape? I want to see all the weapons Not just the basic AK

I think I recall seeing the double-blue tape-mags on Team/Squad leaders. Either that or it is just random.

I think the ak-74 cobra might be on the SF marksman (could be wrong there, don't use SLA Special forces much.

You won't find all the new weapons on the "replacement" soldiers. But they do use the RHS weapons.

If you want the whole selection, especially the more exotic ones, then you have to place the RHS ammo box. (or add them via init/script)

This reminds me that i should try if the old replacement files still work with V2.

I'm an idiot. I can't believe I have been using these untis since day 1 and didn't use the right RF's. My apologies for my utter stupidity.

Well delays delays, pretty shitty week so far especially at work so my mood to work on ArmA related things was rather low, however the thing will be out this week that is for sure.

Atm i basicly just need to make a new readme ( Skaven made one but that got lost when he had to reformat his HD ).

Plus William1 is creating a new replacement alreaedy, this time with the RHS weapons and the bonus pack vehicles.

For those who wonder where Skaven is, well he took a little ( deserved ) ArmA break cause the countless hours of work especially on the weaps were often more frustrating than fun i guess.

Quote[/b] ]For those who wonder where Skaven is, well he took a little ( deserved ) ArmA break cause the countless hours of work especially on the weaps were often more frustrating than fun i guess.

Not frustrating, just time consuming, I don't know how many they were but... something like 600 hours were for sure, so now, I'm trying to take some of those hours back, starting to put myself in shape again in the gym and than the usual afternoon tennis/golf games that I like so much.

But no worries, I'm still here and I have a lot of projects to work on, as Steve said, it's just some vacations smile_o.gif

Go for it Skav, from all the work you've done for ArmA I for one can understand why you deserve a break! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]For those who wonder where Skaven is, well he took a little ( deserved ) ArmA break cause the countless hours of work especially on the weaps were often more frustrating than fun i guess.

Not frustrating, just time consuming, I don't know how many they were but... something like 600 hours were for sure, so now, I'm trying to take some of those hours back, starting to put myself in shape again in the gym and than the usual afternoon tennis/golf games that I like so much.

But no worries, I'm still here and I have a lot of projects to work on, as Steve said, it's just some vacations  smile_o.gif

It's good to hear you get out and get some exercise, It's weird, but the more off time I get to workout or play with the kids, the more I get accomplished in other areas like working on ARMA GDCE. I think when your fresh and in a good mood, you make less mistakes you have to go back over, I guess.

Love your work, and looking forward to your future releases.

Serious question:

Would you guys wait a few more days if we add a little Spetsnaz group?

Thing is, i dont just wanna use BIS models again cause they dotn fit spetsnaz look so we altered the especas a tiny bit.

However as this is a last minute thing it may need a few more days to add the new model and config it right.

Editor list would be kinda:

---

Spetsnaz Team Leader - AK103 cobra, APS

Spetsnaz Sniper 1 - SVD, Makarov

Spetsnaz Sniper 2 - AWM, APS

Spetsnaz Rifleman 1 - AK-103 pso1 red mag

Spetsnaz Rifleman 2 - AK-74M cobra

Spetsnaz Grenadier - AK-103 doublemag

Spetsnaz Machinegunner - Pecheneg, APS

Spetsnaz RPK Rifleman - RPK-74M

Spetsnaz Saboteur - AKMS, pipebombs

Spetsnaz RPG-22 Grenadier - AK-103, rpg-22

Spetsnaz RPG-27 Grenadier - AKM, rpg-27

Spetsnaz Team Leader (SD) - AS Val cobra, APS sd

Spetsnaz Rifleman (SD) - AS Val, APS sd

Spetsnaz Sniper (SD) - VSS, APS sd

Camo would be partizan and Bekas

---

So what are people thinking?

Wait few days and get all together or want the Spetsnaz later?

I prefer the first variant but lets hear what you guys think.

Well let's see... I can't wait altho I rather wait tounge2.gif IMO you should make em as good as possible with one blast unless you can release current stage and then release the Especas in a separate PBO etc. Anyways I think you should finish the Especas then release it.

another week or 2 won't hurt me, and new units is the selling point of this add-on, not weapons, I can't speak for everyone, but specnaz is probably what everyone who downloads this add-on really wants to use...so yeah, I'll wait.

Quote[/b] ]another week or 2 won't hurt me, and new units is the selling point of this add-on, not weapons, I can't speak for everyone, but specnaz is probably what everyone who downloads this add-on really wants to use...so yeah, I'll wait.

Speak for yourself mate, weapons are the selling point of this addon no doubts about it wink_o.gif

My opinion is: release what you have already done and then release the spetsnaz as a complement. As these are custom models you might want to work on them without the pressure of hundreds of people eagerly waiting for the whole pack biggrin_o.gif

You can put some BIS opfor specops with your spetz names/classes as a temporary placeholder so I can put them into a map with no need to rework it when a new version (with the real deal) is released.  smile_o.gif

I'm getting annoyed watching this thread with no way to play with your new toys! Having to many of your V.1 weapons on my "workbench" map realy wears my rig down so I wanna test your new lods and see the difference!

In other words: Please release!  tounge2.gif  Make X-mas happen one more time this year!  xmas_o.gif Thanks  notworthy.gif

Yes I can wait few more days... and the addon will be full/complete with all of the new russian federation units!!

Otherwise it's like 3/4 of addon.

I would wait for Spetznaz, because I would really like to see some spetznaz tounge2.gif

Lennard. smile_o.gif

Can you just release the V2 and keep this spetsnaz for the V3 please?

I second that...

Damn, Steve, you shouldn't report when you'll release it. God knows,  Denorc says right about this. Do not tell your plans - people will wait for it anyway. BIS also share this type of developing experience as well as ID software and other serious gamedevs.

Others like CGS makes dirty trash like STALKER giving much expectations and not too much result (last phrase is not a reference for this exellent project we both (and many other guys) put our talents in).

Or everyone will press you to death with ETA. wink_o.gif

well my opinion is that to wait for the specnaz to be released

by the way great job over there, really looking FW for ur release.. regards